Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Disturbed song they wrote for me. Empty The Disturbed song they wrote for me. Mon 09 Mar 2009, 23:00

Mistress

Mistress
Warrior
Is there a song that totally hit the nail on the flippin head and made you feel like it was aimed at you? Something that you could completely identify with and the timing was perfect etc etc. It may even have been a song you heard before but never had really HEARD it before then....

Mine was "Alive"

beautifullydisturbed

beautifullydisturbed
Believer
The Curse, Man I tell you I have gone through some shit!

Mistress

Mistress
Warrior
Awwww, that sux ass, sorry to hear. Have you listened to Alive? maybe it will give you some energy to ward of the curse. ;)

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
you mean im alive that song has alot of meaning to me also its one of my favorites of all time "The things i treasure most in life can not be taking away"

that sums me up

Mistress

Mistress
Warrior
Yup, I'm a non-conformist, don't like to be told what to do and not in the snotty six year old brat way but in the stay the fu*k outta my bizness way. I'm a big girl and don't need someone trying to dictate how my life is going to go to me daily especially when I am the bread winner....not that there is a little hostility and bitterness there on that subject. :lol:

Stricken_Mistress

Stricken_Mistress
Inside The Fire
Mistress wrote:Yup, I'm a non-conformist, don't like to be told what to do and not in the snotty six year old brat way but in the stay the fu*k outta my bizness way. I'm a big girl and don't need someone trying to dictate how my life is going to go to me daily especially when I am the bread winner....not that there is a little hostility and bitterness there on that subject. :lol:

Married huh? LOL...jk.

Mistress

Mistress
Warrior
Marriage, the world's oldest institution, and who wants to live in an institution. ugh

8The Disturbed song they wrote for me. Empty Hmmm this is a tough one... Tue 10 Mar 2009, 17:03

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
Well looking back at my life some scary evil and mean stuff has happened, being bullied from JK-SK to grades 1 -7 Then finnaly fighting 4 people and destroying them (not literally and thats when I started to listen to Disturbed) and I now have the respect I always wanted :P, But still problems exists.... So I would say over a life time spaned.... starting from when i was 6.
6-8 Monster
9-12 Believe
13 Just Stop
14- Present Indestructible/ Perfect Insanity/ Inside the Fire/ Haunted

CallistaZM

CallistaZM
Believer
I agree about I'm Alive. It has some of my favorite lyrics of all.

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
Yeah Im Alive is good

CallistaZM

CallistaZM
Believer
I often feel like Prayer was written for me because of all the conflicts I've had with the religious side of my family.

Overburdened91

Believer
divide...becuz its meaning is "stop trying to fit inwith the crowd...be yourself"

Hoemmed

Hoemmed
Dehumanized
Kinda same topic like "What disturbed song you are"
So i answer Haunted, i wrote alot text there.

DisturbedFan4Lyfe

DisturbedFan4Lyfe
Disturbed One
Just Stop. Its lyrics tell me that all of the assholes who got a problem with me can just go straight to hell, and who gives a damn about 'em.

DisturbedGoddess

DisturbedGoddess
Believer
I think numb and hell definitely seems like it was written for me. After my ex treated me the way he did. Those songs definitely spoke to me. They just speak how I felt at the time. I had one crappy year last year because of him.

DIVIDE
"Instead of going with this trendy notion of trying to always unite and be one, say the hell with it. Be yourself, be an individual. Stand out from the crowd. Make your own mark, make your impact."
Thats what I always do. I never go with trends. I know most of the trends I know whats in and whats out. But I say fuck it I don't care. I want to be me and if no one can deal with that. Then I dont give a rats arse lol!

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
Just Stop

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I'm Alive

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
A lot of songs that Disturbed wrote seemed to relate to my life or my emotions. Prayer, Remember, I'm Alive, Mistress, all songs that i could relate to at a high level at one point or another.

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
There are so many songs that Disturbed has put out that totally "speak to me" from all aspects in life, through good times and bad I can always count on their music to lift me up or get me through the shit that I am. "God of the Mind" was my song for such a long time, then when they released the Indestructible album I got to "The Night" and I felt like they had written just for me. God... I still get goose bumps everytime I hear it especially the solo OH MY GOD!!!! The first time I put the cd in my player and it came on I about broke down and cried. I am forever greatful to Disturbed, they have helped me in unspeakable ways.

*DISTURBED1*
Disturbed Warrior

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
in my country of england they love pop music and when these boy bands were on the scene its all they bloody played they never play rock over here only once and awhile and what they do play is shit they never once played disturbed like ever

Sons Of Plunder

It speaks to me

Lisa in TN

Lisa in TN
Probably "Facade" described me the best a few years ago. I was in a very bad relationship, and I finally raked up enough courage to walk away. It was either that or killing him - just like the song says. Damn, it gives me chill bumps thinking about it.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I'd have to say I'm Alive as well... I was never the cookie cutter child my parents wanted. Always wanted to do things my way. I conformed to make my folks happy, then conformed further to make my ex husband happy. Go along to get along. That's bullshit! If I can't be "ME", then what's the purpose of living. For the last ten years, I've lived my life my way, and though it hasn't always been easy, it is finally MY LIFE, and I've taught my kids the same: be yourself, no matter what that is. So now I have four artist-musician-writer sons.

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
i see a lot of ppl put I'm Alive. me to. sometimes i defenetly feel as if there is beyond a shadow of a dought a supernatural power at work in the universe. i was in the pits. deppressed, takin meds, etc. im sure thats not so bad compared to some ppls problems but it was enough for me. my ipod was on shuffle and i was about to go hit my punching bag until my hands bled and then keep going (at least that was my plan) then out of the blue I'm alive starts playin and i really really listened to the meaning and from then on its been a hell of a lot better.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Monster666 wrote:i see a lot of ppl put I'm Alive. me to. sometimes i defenetly feel as if there is beyond a shadow of a dought a supernatural power at work in the universe. i was in the pits. deppressed, takin meds, etc. im sure thats not so bad compared to some ppls problems but it was enough for me. my ipod was on shuffle and i was about to go hit my punching bag until my hands bled and then keep going (at least that was my plan) then out of the blue I'm alive starts playin and i really really listened to the meaning and from then on its been a hell of a lot better.

Great post! It's good to hear how much Disturbed's music helps people. Never compromise. Be yourself and don't change for ANYONE! Only you can live your life, so go out and LIVE!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com