Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1M.I.A. Giving the bird!! WHO CARES??? Empty M.I.A. Giving the bird!! WHO CARES??? Mon 06 Feb 2012, 17:16

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
Seriously, who gives a rats ass, it astonishes me the overreaction of people because of a gesture. I give M.I.A. credit for at least being ballsy. I like that ya know? i mean so what if she gives the bird or when someone curses on national t.v. whats the big deal seriously?

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
Everyone has their own opinion and please don't take this wrong, when an artist or band is about to perform a televised event Like the Superbowl I feel it's treading water to a variety of people viewing and not just like a normal concert you would pay a ticket and expect the normal concert and gestures that go along with the show depending how you feel is acceptable and you paid for the ticket anyway so that's cool right? RIGHT....anyway not everyone wants their children or grandparents or priests (you get the idea) to see what they think is vulgar or rude or WHATEVER and it's NOT one pretty penny do these artists get paid for putting on a halftime performance so why screw a good thing up?.
Not only that the artist ends up in big trouble and ends up forking out a lot of money(penalty)for doing the naughty vulgar thing.. then Management gets upset, the Network gets upset then the artist ends up sending out a formal apology to the world...and well...I guess Censorship and ratings makes this wonderful world go around

Last edited by Dawn_Cato on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 04:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo and god why do I forget my paragraphs?)

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
i know but, its just that people do these things all the time and when someone does in public its like its a shock. Kids do it all the time and grandparents do it to when no one is around.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I'm inclined to agree with Dawn. I was watching the game last night with my very devout Mormon mother and my three year old daughter. I don't want her picking that up. I'm doing my best to set an example for her and the Super Bowl is supposed to be wholesome family entertainment. MIA flipping someone off and saying what she did one one of the most widely broadcast Live TV events of the year is unacceptable to me.

I respect your position on the matter, Alex, but I can't agree with me

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
thats okay i respect your opinion but, its just everyone is acting like we are in mourning or something. Listen, I think its healthy for kids to be exposed to this stuff because they are going to learn it anyway and if you went to your local high school 90% of those kids are either cursing like sailors or using the middle finger alot. So, for everyone to freak out is unnecessary this is the real world not some bubble. I understand people have strong feelings about this but, I just feel thats its healthy to say f-you or give some one the middle finger whether its a kid or an old lady.

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
I understand your point Alex...it's nuts how people are talking about it...but since artists do not get paid to do the half time show because of the publicity they get from doing the performance. Some speculate that they make millions but their wrong so publicity is the main reason why they get up there and do it..
This is my point Reputation, Respect...among others during Superbowl Sunday....so why waste a great performance that you are doing for free? Now she's gonna pay for what she did through this huge fine...people think M.I.A. is insane (slightly) in the music industry and the NFL and the Networks!Flipping the bird is not a spectral in normal life...we've all seen but what M.I.A. did was just plain STUPID.It's her job...she blew it.

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
yep! who is M.I.A anyway?? this will help her career though.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
alexling88 wrote:thats okay i respect your opinion but, its just everyone is acting like we are in mourning or something. Listen, I think its healthy for kids to be exposed to this stuff because they are going to learn it anyway and if you went to your local high school 90% of those kids are either cursing like sailors or using the middle finger alot. So, for everyone to freak out is unnecessary this is the real world not some bubble. I understand people have strong feelings about this but, I just feel thats its healthy to say f-you or give some one the middle finger whether its a kid or an old lady.

I totally understand what you're saying, and believe me- my daughter has been exposed to it plenty. I'm trying to expose her to the other side of life where people don't act like that. It certainly is rare that people don't curse like that. I'm actually trying to clean up my own language because I'm infamous for dropping that F bomb.

The issue is that she did it on a network and they tend to get touchy about things like that. The FCC is going to drop a HUMONGOUS fine on her. It may help her popularity here in the US, but at what cost?

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
alexling88 wrote: when no one is around.

Exactly, when nobody is around. All of America was watching them... It's fine at a normal tour when its not televised nationally so you can portray yourself however you want. At the Superbowl, its a different story. The only thing I don't agree with is the fact that the NFL will no longer allow any artist under the age of 50 perform the half time show ever again (as it stands now). Now every halftime show is going to blow even more balls from now on.

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
Yep!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com