Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1B-Side Release Strategy? Empty B-Side Release Strategy? Sun 06 Mar 2011, 11:39

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
I wanted to ask how you want/think Disturbed should go about getting the B-Sides out there.

They could, one day, put out a Rarities collection with Hard-to-finds and a few demos.

Or they could do what they did with the re-release of The Sickness: re-master all the albums once they reach their 10-year anniversaries and steadily release the B-sides that way.

As an example, we could get Loading the Weapon and Dehumanized on the 2012 Believe re-release along with Glass Shatters, Forsaken, Stupify (Little Nicky Remix) and Liberate (Matrix Remix) for people who don't have those yet (Forsaken and Stupify are on iTunes now)

Thoughts?

2B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Sun 06 Mar 2011, 19:26

krakronyz44

krakronyz44
Believer
I don't know if there will be a 10th anniversary edition of every album, but if there were, that would be a great way to release them to the public

3B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Sun 06 Mar 2011, 20:39

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I'd rather have a b-side album.

4B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Thu 10 Mar 2011, 22:10

LittleWildman

Stupified
I'd rather not wait another 9 and a half years for Asylum's B-sides.

5B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Fri 11 Mar 2011, 01:10

krakronyz44

krakronyz44
Believer
LittleWildman wrote:I'd rather not wait another 9 and a half years for Asylum's B-sides.

lol yeah. I was thinking the other day. Old friend was never "officially" released, so how much would it suck to wait forever for the next single CD and it only has old friend on it as the other track? I mean, I'd be ticked because I really want to hear Three

6B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Sat 02 Apr 2011, 19:15

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
To be honest, the way i interpreted the 10th anniversary was this:
Every album since Believe has been a #1 debut.
The only reason why The Sickness never reached this was because Disturbed hadn't gained enough recognition at the time.
The record compony recognizes this and thinks, "Hey, what if we could achieve #1 status with ALL of their albums?"
The only way they could get people to buy a SECOND copy was to add bonuses into this edition (DOD) and re-mix it.
And viola, the 10th anniversary is born.

What does this mean?...

Well, if my theory is correct, then the record company won't see any reason to put extra money into creating a hype for an album that has already had huge commercial success. We will only be seeing the completion of their next album, without any other DVD premotions or anniversary albums from here on in.

7B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Sun 03 Apr 2011, 05:22

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
That's a pretty good observation. I never thought of that.

I suppose I really just want to see Loading the Weapon combined with Bound, but was it ever given a studio recording? If Dan had to do something like that, would he use the same guitar he used at MAAW II?

8B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Sun 03 Apr 2011, 11:58

LittleWildman

Stupified
Well, if my theory is correct, then the record company won't see any reason to put extra money into creating a hype for an album that has already had huge commercial success.

The Sickness is Disturbed's most successful album (it's the biggest selling one at 4 million copies). Granted, it didn't go to number one but it was their debut album so it's to be expected.

9B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Sun 03 Apr 2011, 17:08

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
LittleWildman wrote:
Well, if my theory is correct, then the record company won't see any reason to put extra money into creating a hype for an album that has already had huge commercial success.

The Sickness is Disturbed's most successful album (it's the biggest selling one at 4 million copies). Granted, it didn't go to number one but it was their debut album so it's to be expected.
note it is also because it has been out the longest. its initial success is less compared to the other albums.

10B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Sun 03 Apr 2011, 17:15

LittleWildman

Stupified
note it is also because it has been out the longest. its initial success is less compared to the other albums. [/quote]

Yes but it's still a huge success. He said something about re-releasing it to go to number 1 like the other 4 did, which would be massive surprise because not everyone is gonna buy a second copy of the album.

11B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Mon 04 Apr 2011, 09:00

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
i think im just ganna stick to downloading them off the internet.

12B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Mon 04 Apr 2011, 09:37

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
David said Disturbed is trying the best they can to donate "three" to the charity for the tragedy so that one could be out soon.

13B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Wed 20 Apr 2011, 02:20

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
david tweeted

3 WILL BE RELEASED SHORTLY TO BENEFIT THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE (DAMIAN ECHOLS FUND)

14B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Wed 20 Apr 2011, 10:42

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
lets hope so i cant wait to hear that one and what a good cause too

15B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Fri 05 Aug 2011, 19:47

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Just some personal bias: I think it was foolish of the management to not include Loading The Weapon on the Believe album the first time (maybe it was composed after the album was completed?). Since as far as I can tell it's never been given a studio recording, maybe in 2012 Dan could take some time out of his schedule to go back and record that thing. It would be beautiful.

This alone could be a good enough reason to re-release Believe, but since we haven't confirmed if the new B-side collection will have remixes, maybe the new version of Believe could also have the Matrix: Reloaded version of Liberate and the Fu's Forbidden Little Nicky Remix of Stupify to sweeten the deal.

If that isn't enough, maybe license Forsaken and Glass Shatters from Jonathan Davis and WWE for inclusion along with a few live performances from the 2003 tour.

16B-Side Release Strategy? Empty Re: B-Side Release Strategy? Fri 05 Aug 2011, 20:47

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Just today on Twitter, David mentioned a name for the B- side album. "The Lost Children" is the potential name. He also said that it will only be B-sides. No live tracks, no demos- just Parasite, Dehumanized, ect. We're not sure what other tracks will be on there just yet. Those are the only ones I saw confirmed by David on Twitter.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com