Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
GUARDED

According to Disturbed frontman David Draiman: "About how choosing this way of life, this path that we are on, some more than others. Dan has a beautiful wife and child, Mike seems to be on his way, and me? Besides not being ready, I don't think it would be fair to the person I would be with. You force yourself to be guarded. The lyrics are me speaking to myself. I made this decision to lead this sort of life, and therefore I'm unfortunately deprived of certain things, like love in a true sense."

JUST STOP

David said this song was for the people in relationships who look for something to argue about, who look for a way to criticize to "just stop".

TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Meant to signify unity and strength, the kind of elation and power" that can be felt at a momentous rock show. "It's speaking to the nonbelievers: 'You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of/TEN THOUSAND FISTS in the air'."

STRICKEN

It's about those moments when someone comes into your life and it's almost as if you've been afflicted with a disease you can't get rid of. Devastating and debilitating."

DEIFY

challenges society's tendency to elevate their leaders to God-like status.

SACRED LIE, FORGIVEN ,OVERBURDENED

Sacred Lie," "Forgiven," and "Overburdened" all deal with the horrors of the mutilation and damnation of war, the terrible cost paid in flesh, blood, and souls.

LAND OF CONFUSION

The song basically question whether mankind as a whole has got its priorities right, with all the money spent on weapons while the third world is in poverty.

SONS OF PLUNDER

Tackling the current state of modern pop radio. "Every A&R guy and their mother is trying to jump on what they think is the next band to break, and flood the airwaves with the same bands that sound exactly the same as every other band in that respective genre.

AVARICE

It is a clear warning about the driving force behind many politicians: the obsessive desire for wealth and power. Such desire is often the mark and seed of corruption.

This describes most governments quite well. It need not be concerned especially with American government, as it is not unique in its avarice.

DECADENCE

Its about living a decadant lifestyle and the effects it has on your soul.

Living the high life just to fill a hole in your life... when all it does is worsen your situation.

I'M ALIVE

About holding onto what he believes in or what he really cares about in life, and not letting others take it away for whatever reasons.

PAIN REDEFINED

This song is about someone who has been left suddenly, by someone he loved very much, without knowing what went wrong.

Last edited by CrowX on Sun 30 May 2010, 05:14; edited 1 time in total

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
All of this is pretty straight forward. that's what i loved about this album is that it wasn't hard to get the meaning out of the songs.

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
song interpretations can be a funny thing (not ha ha funny). I can get something out of a song that David may not have written it for.

LairyFairy

LairyFairy
Asylum
I like it because they are written so anyone can interpret the songs how they wish to their personal lives and situations even though they all have their own meanings that were made for them originally

NightHawk

NightHawk
Believer
i dont like how you stuck sacried lie,forgiven and overburedend tougether they all have differnet reasons for being there but i dont thik overburdend has to do with war as much as war on the homefront how everything in a persons life is presing down on the person and the person is overburdend by it

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
I love how David writes cryptic lyrics. It makes the songs even more special because there's always a meaning behind each one. ^-^

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com