Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A Week Later there still making headlines, but ask Disturbed frontman David Draiman what he thinks of the Kris Allen-Adam Lambert mano a mano clash and he’s likely to open a can of whoop ass on your ears.

“Personally I think ‘American Idol’ is an abomination,” he growls down the line from Omaha, Neb. “So many idiots just get up there and embarrass themselves to get a little bit of fame.”

Not that he’s against mainstream success.

After hitting commercial paydirt with their 2000 debut “The Sickness,” follow-ups “Believe” (2002), “Ten Thousand Fists” (2005) and “Indestructible” (2008) all debuted at No. 1 Stateside. Earlier this year, the Chicago-based nu metal act also scored a Grammy nod for their single, “Inside the Fire.”

“Accessibility is the least of our concerns,” he says. “It’s nice to get a Grammy nod, but that’s not a measuring stick for us. The measuring stick will always be the fans.”

In the final lap of a North American tour that wraps up in next Wednesday, Draiman, 36, says Disturbed’s adrenalized mix of serrated guitars and propulsive drums helps give listeners an extra push, but with a twist.

“I’ve always been connected to politics and world events,” he says explaining lyrics that deal with the Middle East (“Enough”), L.A.’s consumer culture (“Haunted”), his ex’s suicide (“Inside the Fire”) and their support for America’s military (“Indestructible”).

“I’m a big news junkie,” Draiman says, “and I’ve been a big supporter of the military for years. But it’s hard not to find things to get angry about.”

Which is why he thinks their brand of melodic metal continues to thrive.

“People will always need an aggressive outlet,” he says. “People will always need music with a little more meat to it. I think that especially in difficult times, people need something to vent their frustration.

“It’s kind of hard to do that to stuff that only deals with simplistic sorts of issues and things that people can’t relate to in their day-to-day lives. With all due respect, I doubt your average white kid from in the suburbs can really relate to lot of the stuff in hip-hop and R&B.

“Rock is real. Rock is blood sweat and tears. Rock is the means for catharsis for many people.”

Characteristics, he says, will never jive with reality TV.

“A metalhead could only win ‘American Idol’ disguised as something else,” he says. “Daughtry is as close as it has been, and he’s not even a metalhead.

“I know that’s part of the whole attraction to reality television is that people love to watch other people make fools of themselves, but when all of a sudden, people who are the morons of society become champions in these ridiculous reality television scenarios, it probably makes all of the true (artists), who’ve spent their entire lives trying to hone their craft feel like shit.

“When Joe Schmoe, who has no training, becomes a reality star, realistically how long will that last? Not long. It’s fleeting.”

--

On the Net

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

zealouso

Warrior
sorry dude i didnt understand it

who is this Kris Allen-Adam Lambert ?

man im too lazy to read

Lazarus12

Lazarus12
Believer
This is exactly what I believe :D When is the last time you've heard of Rueben Stuttard?

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
iv never even heard of Rueben Stuttard who is he/she?

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
Rueben Studdard was the fat guy who won a few years ago. Anyways, winning American or Canadian Idol pretty much means you've flushed your music career down the toilet. You get 1, maybe 2 albums, then your done for life. Everyone forgets you, and your nothing again. But it's entertaining because it's pretty much a karaoke show for people. So they can listen to other artists' takes on their favourite songs. But the problem is that those artists are terrible song writers, which is why their career's die so quickly.

I mostly hate the show cause it's all mainstream music, which today, sucks.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
it does suck they chuck out records just to make money its all just one big show david is right alot of bands and artists spend years working there ass of too get known and alot of bands are still out there that are good and still dont get the cred that they diserve these guys get into the papers radio internet everywhere then when the show is over so are they its a waste of time money and commen sense really isent it

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
didnt kelly clarkson win that show as she is doing pritty good

FaerieCorpsey

FaerieCorpsey
Warrior
the thing that annoys me is there are people playing the pub circuit and shitty clubs and touring around in clapped out old camper vans and noone notices them for years if at all... then you get these idiots who go on tv, punch out an album written by someone else then fall into obscurity...

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
i really dislike the irish guy that was on X-factor last year, the one with the stupid name

FaerieCorpsey

FaerieCorpsey
Warrior
Will Young...
I want to shoot.
multiple times.

zealouso

Warrior
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:Rueben Studdard was the fat guy who won a few years ago. Anyways, winning American or Canadian Idol pretty much means you've flushed your music career down the toilet. You get 1, maybe 2 albums, then your done for life. Everyone forgets you, and your nothing again. But it's entertaining because it's pretty much a karaoke show for people. So they can listen to other artists' takes on their favourite songs. But the problem is that those artists are terrible song writers, which is why their career's die so quickly.

I mostly hate the show cause it's all mainstream music, which today, sucks.

ur right dude they really are forgotten, very fast, unlike :Disturbed:

Bowers wrote:i really dislike the irish guy that was on X-factor last year, the one with the stupid name

that guy?yeah right he is so annoying

FaerieCorpsey wrote:Will Young...
I want to shoot.
multiple times.

your right ,LOL

LadyCorruption

Warrior
I agree completely with David. Losers!

tormented_insanity

tormented_insanity
Loading The Weapon
While I agree that the show itself is just a way for untalented people to smear their faces in the music industry, most of the people, are just trying to get somewhere, and have their messages heard. Adam Lambert, while he had some horrible pitch problems at times, was just as amazing as some of the rock singers out there, does being on Idol mean that he's an obnoxious little shit who wants to get famous? (Not implying anyone said that) No it doesn't. The show is a waste of tv spce and time out of people's lives, but, it is deffinately a springboard for artists who have no other ways to get noticed.

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
I completley agree with David. Metal is the only way I have to vent my anger. When I'm pissed I listen to disturbed or beat the shit out of my drumset.

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
David knows wut hes sayin.. most kids cant relate to the rap shit. rock and metal have more meaning in the blood and sweat than ppl will notice. wen ur frustrated it gives u siome enjoyment

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com