Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tracklisting And Duration Empty Tracklisting And Duration Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:32

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Immortalized
1. "The Eye of the Storm" (1:20)
2. "Immortalized" (4:17)
3. "The Vengeful One" (4:11)
4. "Open Your Eyes" (3:57)
5. "The Light" (4:16)
6. "What Are You Waiting For" (4:03)
7. "You're Mine" (4:55)
8. "Who" (4:46)
9. "Save Our Last Goodbye" (4:59)
10. "Fire It Up" (4:05)
11. "The Sound of Silence" (4:08)
12. "Never Wrong" (3:33)
13. "Who Taught You How to Hate" (4:57)

Deluxe edition bonus tracks
No. Title Length
14. "Tyrant" (3:49)
15. "Legion of the Monsters" (4:23)
16. "The Brave and the Bold" (4:34)

I love the tracklist. I seriously love every song name. Sounds like diverse themes and sounds. However, being perfectly honest "The Vengeful One" sounds average to me. I love Disturbed. I freaked out once I heard of the return. Yet, the single sounds like the usual for them. The lyrics are typical Disturbed. Same theme, riffs, etc. I hope the other songs are diverse and powerful. These song titles gives me plenty of confidence in that.
Don't get me wrong, typical Disturbed kicks-ass but i'm hoping for more diversity.

Titles like "Fire It Up," "The Eye of the Storm," "Who Taught You How to Hate" strike me as diverse, powerful songs right away.

Other sick titles in my opinion are: "The Brave and the Bold," "Open Your Eyes," and "The Sound of Silence"

Last edited by Ravensclaw on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 09:31; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

2Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:09

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
The Album is produced by Kevin Churko and I disagree with your opinion respectfully, of course. I am happy that they got someone else other than themselves and Johnny K. In a interview with Loudwire David Said this is the first time since 2001 that all the songs were written in The Same Room. Also that they have been writing since the start of 2014 they were so secretive that not even there friends or family knew they were recording a new album.

3Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:13

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
The sound of silence is a simon and garfunkel cover. Have you ever heard it?

4Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:21

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
No I haven't! I saw wikipedia listing it as a cover and thought it was a prank. I never listened to Simon and Garfunkle. Ugh...It doesn't sound very hard rock...

5Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Tue 23 Jun 2015, 13:56

The(New)Guy

The(New)Guy
Stupified
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6605697/disturbed-returns-after-four-year-hiatus-with-new-album-immortalized

6Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Mon 29 Jun 2015, 12:57

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
If I hear one song about trolls on the internet I will be so dissapointed. "Legion of Monsters" sounds like it'll be the one. But then again it could be a political song who knows.

Other than trolls we havent heard much from David going through dark times. Imo some of his best work comes from reflecting on those times. Inside the fire, my child, asylum, the curse, overburdened, etc...

We might find out something new from him too.

Cant wait.

7Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Mon 06 Jul 2015, 16:59

DisturbedDawg

DisturbedDawg
Based on the pre-order info, there is an additional "exclusive digital bonus track" that will be "delivered on album release date." So 17 total songs.

8Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Mon 06 Jul 2015, 20:42

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
The Eye of the storm is a instrumental

The instrumental opener “The Eye of the Storm” bleeds into the infectious and incendiary title track bolstered by deft rhythms and scorching leads. In the middle of this roller coaster, “The Light” tempers a haunting keyboard and robust guitars with a towering vocal.
“The message for ‘The Light’ is one of positivity,” admits Draiman. “Most people are quite apprehensive about the “dark” periods, and experiences of their lives. However, sometimes those dark periods of time are a necessary path we must take in order to finally see, “the light” so to speak.”
Following a tradition of outside-the-box covers, Disturbed tackled Simon & Garfunkel’s classic “The Sound of Silence” for Immortalized. Rather than amplifying it, they went the other direction, tapping into Draiman’s classical training and Donegan’s knack for arrangement. With an orchestral expanse, acoustic leads, and chilling delivery, it’s unlike anything in the group’s catalog.

9Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Tue 28 Jul 2015, 01:54

Disturbed2Link

Disturbed2Link
Disturbed One
4everDisturbed wrote:No. Title
1. "The Eye of the Storm"
2. "Immortalized"
3. "The Vengeful One"
4. "Open Your Eyes"
5. "The Light"
6. "What Are You Waiting For"
7. "You're Mine"
8. "Who"
9. "Save Our Last Goodbye"
10. "Fire It Up"
11. "The Sound of Silence"
12. "Never Wrong"
13. "Who Taught You How to Hate"

No. Title Length
14. "Tyrant"
15. "Legion of the Monsters"
16. "The Brave and the Bold"

I love the tracklist. I seriously love every song name. Sounds like diverse themes and sounds. However, being perfectly honest "The Vengeful One" sounds average to me. I love Disturbed. I freaked out once I heard of the return. Yet, the single sounds like the usual for them. The lyrics are typical Disturbed. Same theme, riffs, etc. I hope the other songs are diverse and powerful. These song titles gives me plenty of confidence in that.
Don't get me wrong, typical Disturbed kicks-ass but i'm hoping for more diversity.

Titles like "Fire It Up," "The Eye of the Storm," "Who Taught You How to Hate" strike me as diverse, powerful songs right away.

Other sick titles in my opinion are: "The Brave and the Bold," "Open Your Eyes," and "The Sound of Silence"

David had said in an interview that the two songs that are most like past Disturbed are The Vengeful One and Immortalized...the others will feel like they came out of left field and is something they haven't done before something we haven't heard before.....the Eye of the Storm is another instrumental intro....Fire it Up is about marijuana

they also said instead of upbeating The Sound of Silence they did the exact opposite and took David's vocals to an unfamiliar place....

10Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Thu 13 Aug 2015, 19:38

Disturbed2Link

Disturbed2Link
Disturbed One
4everDisturbed wrote:Immortalized
1. "The Eye of the Storm" (1:20)
2. "Immortalized" (4:17)
3. "The Vengeful One" (4:11)
4. "Open Your Eyes" (3:57)
5. "The Light" (4:16)
6. "What Are You Waiting For" (4:03)
7. "You're Mine" (4:55)
8. "Who" (4:46)
9. "Save Our Last Goodbye" (4:59)
10. "Fire It Up" (4:05)
11. "The Sound of Silence" (4:08)
12. "Never Wrong" (3:33)
13. "Who Taught You How to Hate" (4:57)

No. Title Length
14. "Tyrant" (3:49)
15. "Legion of the Monsters" (4:23)
16. "The Brave and the Bold" (4:34)

DISTURBED HAVE MAINTAINED THAT THE VENGEFUL ONE AND IMMORTALIZED ARE THE TWO TRACKS CLOSEST TO THEIR PAST WORK THAT THE REST OF THE SONGS WILL FEEL LIKE THEY CAME FROM LEFT FIELD AND THAT THEY ARE NOT WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IN THE PAST....THE TWO SONGS, BESIDES THE ONES THAT ARE CLOSEST TO DISTURBED IN THE PAST I MENTIONED ABOVE, FIRE IT UP AND WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? BOTH SOUND DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE ARE USED TO FROM THEM AND THAT IS A GOOD THING IN MY OPINION...IF YOU WANT TO HEAR THE SAME SOUND, SAME DISTURBED PUT IN A PAST ALBUM...LETS HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT...SO FAR I LOVE IT...I AGREE THE VENGEFUL ONE, AS GOOD AS IT IS AND AS I DO LIKE IT, IS THE TYPICAL DISTURBED SONG...IMMORTALIZED IS AWESOME AND A BIT DIFFERENT BUT NOT COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WHEREAS THE OTHER TWO ARE COMPLETE DIFFERENT SONGS TO ME AND MY FAVORITE IS A TOSS UP BETWEEN FIRE IT UP AND WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

11Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Fri 14 Aug 2015, 02:05

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
wow the album is streaming for free on iTunes and I can absolutely say that disturbed has finally produced a different sound... Like really different. Its not bad! Open Your Eyes is great! The Light is interesting. Thats as far as ive gotten so far

12Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Fri 14 Aug 2015, 14:01

The Onslaught

The Onslaught
The Light has to be my favorite out of the non-singles. I love every song, but The Light was beautiful yet powerful and got my blood pumpin. Mikey seems to be hitting those heads pretty damn hard and I'm loving how heavy he is in this album. David's vocals are also incredible and I love the more melodic tone he takes in some songs while still keeping it strong and loud.

13Tracklisting And Duration Empty Re: Tracklisting And Duration Fri 14 Aug 2015, 15:01

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
I agree The Light is an awesome track it blends well with the heavy and still remains a melodic song i think on this album the band has gotten more technical when it comes to how they introduce their parts and incorporate them into each of every song so each person can shine musically.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com