1 Megadeth - 'Super Collider' Album Review on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 02:16
Album Artwork: The cover art for this album is pretty cool looking. Although it looks like a kid made it, there isn't too much about it that bothers me. Not one of Megadeth's best album artworks, but it least it's something different coming from this band, art-wise.
Production: Pretty damn good, actually. This album sounds better than the previous album 'TH1RT3EN', in terms of guitar sound and bass sound. Mixing and mastering both sound great to me as well.
1. 'Kingmaker' - My favorite song on the album. It's actually really good, and the lyrics written by Dave Mustaine are a lot better than most lyrics you'll be getting from this album. I would have picked this track for the first single off the the CD if I was in charge. 4.5/5
2. 'Super Collider' - This song sounds very cheesy and too happy. The chorus is kinda good, but other than that, I don't like this song one bit. It just sounds way too corny. I skip it every time now. 2/5
3. 'Burn!' - This might be the most generic Megadeth track I've ever heard at this point. I don't like this song at all. The only part I enjoy is the intro. This song is garbage! And what's up with the chorus; it's horrendous! 2/5
4. 'Built for War' - This song is way too repetitive and generic. The only part that I don't mind listening to is the whole middle section. Other than that though, I don't enjoy listening to this song. I just find it to be pretty damn boring. 2.5/5
5. 'Off the Edge' - Another song that's pretty much garbage. It has an unimpressive intro, boring verses, dumb chorus, and a forgettable outro. I do enjoy the solo, but that isn't enough to save this song for me. 2.5/5
6. 'Dance in the Rain' - Actually one of the better songs on the album. It's the one that features David Draiman near the end of it. That part with him is actually my favorite part of this song; it's really cool. The rest of the song is enjoyable, and it has better writing being showcased. Thank god. 3.5/5
7. 'Beginning of Sorrow' - The title says it all, pretty much. I really hate this song. It's so freakin' boring and generic. I don't like anything about it, and I regard it as the worst track on the album. 1/5
8. 'The Blackest Crow' - This song is a total mess. It features a banjo, which doesn't fit with the dark vibe and haunting lyrics that this song has. I will admit that it is one of the most original sounding songs on the CD, and it's definitely unique for Megadeth, but that doesn't save the song for me. It's pretty mediocre at best. 2.5/5
9. 'Forget to Remember' - Kind of decent, I suppose. It's one of those songs that is reminiscent of Megadeth's hard rock sound from their 'Cryptic Writings' album. The song itself isn't all that bad, but it isn't very memorable. It does sound a bit corny to me, actually. 2.5/5
10. 'Don't Turn Your Back...' - Another song off the CD that I don't mind listening to. It does have generic sounding solos and riffs, but it's fairly enjoyable. 3/5
11. 'Cold Sweat' - A Thin Lizzy cover. I think the original version is total garbage. However, this cover version is actually really good. I was very impressed with this cover, and I think this song is one of the best tracks on this CD. However, it's very unfortunate to say that this track is one of the better songs on the album, since it's not even their song, it's a cover. Pretty sad, if you ask me. But, this cover is very good, so I guess that's all that matters. 4.5/5
Album Rating: 4.6/10
Would I recommend this album? I'm gonna have to say 'no' on this one, guys. :)