Jeff Hanneman of Slayer has passed

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jeff Hanneman of Slayer has passed on Thu 02 May 2013, 22:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Several bands tweeted/posted this:

DISTURBED: RIP to a titan of metal.

DEATH ANGEL: R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman. Love & respect to the Slayer family.

DAVID ELLEFSON: My condolences to Slayer and Jeff Hanneman’s family today.

RANCID: Our heart goes out Jeff Hanneman’s friends and family. You will be missed man.

SLASH: Tragic & shocking news about Jeff Hanneman. He is going to missed by so many. What a sad day for Metal. RIP man.

GIBSON GUITAR: RIP Jeff Hanneman. You will be greatly missed.

ALEX SKOLNICK: Sad news. RIP JH. He’ll be remembered at #GoldenGods

TESTAMENT: R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman, brother in thrash.

HATEBREED: Rest In Peace Jeff Hanneman! A True Heavy Metal LEGEND!

DINO CAZARES: I’m extremely shocked and sad to hear about Jeff Hanneman. He was a huge influence on my playing when I was growing up.

CHIMAIRA: RIP Jeff Hanneman. Icon

GUS G.: Gutted to read the news. RIP Jeff Hanneman the music world has lost yet another one of the greats

ROBERT CAGGIANO: Wow… I just heard some really sad news . R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman

MIKE PORTNOY: WOW….I’m in shock…RIP Jeff Hanneman….wow….

JOSE MANGIN: Crushed out here in Cali about untimely passing of Jeff Hanneman @Slayer, the #goldengods will be dedicated to Jeff & his legendary riffs!

IN FLAMES: We are so devasted to hear about the passing of Jeff Hanneman. One of the greatest have passed on and please,…

EDDIE TRUNK: Tragic news of @Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman passing away

DUFF McKAGAN: Jeff Hanneman of @Slayer RIP. Wow. I’m so very soory for your loss Hanneman family.

I'm cranking Reign in Blood in his honor. This is a sad day for metal.

View user profile

2 Re: Jeff Hanneman of Slayer has passed on Fri 03 May 2013, 19:42

THERE IS NO ROOM FOR/EXCUSE FOR JEALOUSLY/CONTEMPT/HATRED BETWEEN THOSE WHO SHOULD BE SUPPORTIVE/CARING BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE WORLD OF HARD ROCK AND HEAVY METAL.

IN THE WAKE OF THE NEWS OF THE MIGHTY JEFF HANNEMAN'S TRAGIC PASSING LAST NIGHT AT THE @Revolvermag #GoldenGods, THAT POINT BECAME CRYSTAL CLEAR TO EVERYONE.

HARDCORE, THRASH, CLASSIC, SYMPHONIC, DEATH, GRINDCORE, METALCORE, HARD ROCK AND ANY OTHER POSSIBLE GENRE/SUB-GENRE YOU COULD POSSIBLY CONCIEVE OF, STOOD UNITED IN THEIR GRIEF, AND STEADFAST IN THEIR SUPPORT OF THE @Slayer CAMP AND THE HANNEMAN FAMILY. WHEN ONE OF US FALLS, WE ARE ALL AFFECTED. WHEN A PILLAR AS MIGHTY AS JEFF HANNEMAN FALLS WE ARE ALL WEAKENED, AND NEED TO BE THERE FOR ONE ANOTHER TO CONSOLE, FONDLY REMEMBER AND FORTIFY/STRENGTHEN ONE ANOTHER, YET AGAIN.

WE HAVE ALWAYS COME TOGETHER AS A FAMILY IN SUCH TIMES OF SORROW AND NEED AND IF SOMETHING POSITIVE CAN BE TAKEN FROM ANY OF THIS, IT IS THAT WE LEARN FROM THAT SENSE OF COMMUNITY AND BROTHERHOOD THAT WAS SO PREVALENT AMONG EVERYONE THERE LAST NIGHT. ALL THE TASTEMAKER/ELITIST NONSENSE, ALL THE TRASH TALKING AND JEALOUSLY, TRULY HAS NO PLACE AMONG HARD ROCK/HEAVY METAL'S ARTISTS OR IT'S FANS.

I PRAY THAT THERE ARE THOSE OUT THERE WHO WILL LIVE BY THIS, AS I AND COUNTLESS OTHERS DO.

LOVE ALL, RESPECT ALL, PROTECT ONE AND ALL, IN OUR MIGHTY FAMILY.

I AM HONORED AND HUMBLED BEYOND WORDS TO HAVE BEEN A PART OF SUCH A WARM DISPLAY OF SUPPORT AND BROTHERHOOD AS WAS WITNESSED LAST NIGHT, I THANK ALL MY FELLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE GENRE FOR THEIR COMPASSION SHOWN, AND FOR THE HUMANITY SHARED.

LET JEFF'S MEMORY AND LAST NIGHT'S EVENT SERVE AS A SYMBOL, A GUIDING LIGHT, A BEACON, TO ALL THOSE WHO WOULD QUESTION OUR LOVE, DEVOTION, AND COMMITMENT TO ONE ANOTHER.

I HAVE BEEN, AND FOREVER SHALL BE, A FAN OF, AN ADDICT OF, AND A CHAMPION OF, ALL THINGS HARD ROCK AND HEAVY METAL.

RESPECTFULLY AND HUMBLY YOURS,

DAVID DRAIMAN

View user profile

3 Re: Jeff Hanneman of Slayer has passed on Sat 04 May 2013, 09:31

Ravensclaw

Administrator
RIP another great artist has died which is a huge shame

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ravensclaw
Administrator
The Pioneer All Things Disturbed Joke!
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum