Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
http://loudwire.com/disturbeds-david-draiman-recruits-ex-filter-guitarist-geno-lenardo-for-industrial-project/

David Draiman recently announced he was at work on a new “musical project” that will bring a more industrial vibe to the table. Now, the Disturbed frontman reveals that he has drafted a guitarist who knows the genre well — ex-Filter guitarist Geno Lenardo.
For fans of Disturbed, following singer David Draiman on Twitter has become the best way to keep up with all things related to the band. Draiman, a devout tweeter, often responds to fan questions and even broke news of Disturbed’s 2011 B-Sides album ‘The Lost Children’ via the social media platform. When it came time to (sort of) announce his new project, the vocalist once again took to the Twittersphere.
In his response to a query about the current status of Disturbed, which confirmed the continuance of the band’s “indefinite hiatus,” Draiman reported he would be providing vocals for a new project that is more in the vein of Nine Inch Nails. After tweeting that the official announcement would be made on the May 26 episode of VH1′s ‘That Metal Show,’ Dave couldn’t resist dropping more details to his followers:
I’LL GIVE YOU A LITTLE MORE INFO, THEN I HAVE TO LEAVE IT ALONE FOR NOW. I’M WORKING WITH GENO LENARDO FROM FILTER.

— DAVID DRAIMAN (@DAVIDMDRAIMAN) March 21, 2012

Draiman also assured concerned followers that the project is not a departure into dubstep and will flourish as a more guitar-driven affair. Geno Lenardo served as Filter’s guitarist from 1995-2002 and most recently collaborated with Flyleaf singer Lacey Sturm on ‘Heavy Prey’ — a song recorded for the ‘Underworld: Awakening’ soundtrack.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
this could be good for the band cause david could show other skills on his solo album that havent been seen yet and the other members of disturbed might think yea that could work on our next album plus the other band members will learn stuff too from other artists trust me the next disturbed album is gonna be there best cause they will have more influences and they will be so amped and ready to go i look forward to that day

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
I think this is going to be more of a super-group than David's solo project. He's been saying it isn't a solo project and one of his tweets mentioned even more people of a currently unknown number.

For all we know he's working with a ton of super stars.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
This is going to be an awesome project. So many things are going to be discovered in this project. I can't wait.

Nakho

Nakho
Loading The Weapon
i prefer a "supergroup" than a solo career by far...

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
This is ONE PROJECT. Seriously! He's not going to make a career of doing "Industrial Rock" when he's made career doing heavy metal. This is just something he's doing because there are idea floating around in his head that need to put to music, I'm sure. It's not the end of the world and it's not the end of Disturbed.

Nakho

Nakho
Loading The Weapon
nobody says that its the end of disturbed. its obvious that the band will return, if they dont do it for the music they will do it for the money. Disturbed its a mayor band and promoters will offer so much money to have the reunite concert and tour. its difficult they have that success separately.
but I think and hope that david keep this proyect over the years and release material when disturbed its on hiatus.
im hoping that david surprise me for good.

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
this is good, a lot of artists in bands have sideprojects and sidebands

i mean, think of Stone Sour, Temple of the Dog, Mad Season...even Velvet Revolver and Audioslave were side projects - and even though the side projects were successful, the artists put their main bands were still the most important

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com