Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
More than a collection of unreleased tracks since The Sickness and prior, Disturbed's latest release, The Lost Children, illuminates every facet of the band's infectious sound.

One of the reasons why Disturbed stood out from the turn of the century pack is because they've always been as diverse as they are dangerous in their approach. The band wasn't afraid to take risks, while crafting pulse-pounding, arena-filling heavy metal. The Lost Children screams that loud and clear.

"Hell" opens the flood gates with some inventive and intoxicating electronic programming from guitarist and instrumental wizard Dan Donegan. It's a trademark of the band's sound and Donegan masterfully integrates the electronics and riffs like no other. From there, the song steamrolls with a deadly funk bounce from drummer Mike Wengren and a bass wallop from John Moyer. Singer David Draiman's hook ravages and roars with the intensity of timeless metal—"Burning now I bring you Hell". Then "Old Friend" fires off an eerie synth segue and harmonics intermittently from Donegan. Then the refrain kicks in and Draiman's visceral vocals take hold with one of his best refrains yet. There's a haunting hypnosis to it that carries over to "Monster" which blossoms into a fiery and fast solo from Donegan.

"Mine" is a true masterpiece. After a slow piano intro, the song exudes a raw darkness as a chugging riff death march begins. Samples pipe through as "Mine" traverses another violent landscape right from Draiman's mind. The Faith No More cover of "Midlife Crisis" nods to the original while infusing a more metallic edge, and "Living After Midnight" is a fitting tribute to Judas Priest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
"Mine" is a true masterpiece. After a slow piano
intro, the song exudes a raw darkness as a chugging riff death march
begins. Samples pipe through as "Mine" traverses another violent
landscape right from Draiman's mind.
Ohhh a piano intro... that sounds amazing with their dark riffs. Oh man I cant wait to hear their "death march". Why this masterpiece was not put onto a previous album, I will never know.

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Piano intro wow cannot wait to hear Mine. Called a Masterpiece wonder why it wasn't included on Asylum.

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
maybe it's a great song but it didnt fit with the rest of the sound of the album.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I'm so excited to hear "Mine". I can't wait... that description has me so happy. I can't wait!

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
awesome!!!

Disturbed12010

Disturbed12010
Believer
If you guys watch the making Of Asylum Videos on Youtube, Dan lately took Piano lessons, I think this video will point out the Intro Of Mine, here's the link!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KOTOZ

KOTOZ
Disturbed12010 wrote:If you guys watch the making Of Asylum Videos on Youtube, Dan lately took Piano lessons, I think this video will point out the Intro Of Mine, here's the link!

That is not the intro to mine, that is call Fur Elise, it's by Beethoven... >.>

I could tell from the first 3 seconds it was, look it up. Anyways...

I cannot wait to hear mine, I hope it has more of an Asylum feel than the other B-sides.

deli10

deli10
Believer
Review: Disturbed – The Lost Children in Revolver Magazine

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I have to agree with Revolver. And I'm sure we're looking forward to it. I can't wait to add the B-sides to my spotify play lists. So exciting.

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
ON THE OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR LOST CHILDREN I BELIEVE THEY PLAY A BIT FROM "MINE" 1:17-1:30 I HAVE ALL OF THE B-SIDES EXCEPT MINE AND I DIDN'T RECONIZE THAT PART. SOUNDS F*CKING AWESOME!!!!

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
I wouldnt call mine a masterpiece... its a good song though.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com