Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
So I have a friend who HATES Disturbed, saying things like

-They have no talent
-Every song sounds the same
-The singing sounds like rap
-the guitar parts are all just recycled and used again in almost every song

stuff like that. and i know it shouldn't annoy me but it really does. I mean how could you ever say that the songs sound the same? Stupify and The Night? or Believe and Bound? whatever. it pisses me off and I'm sure all you out there have encountered that to some degree to.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Cause people like that are deaf and don't know what good music is -,-

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
thats the basic reason.

GonzaloAndresMC

GonzaloAndresMC
Yeah, a couple friends of mine says the same, and it really annoys me. I think that because we are fans of Disturbed, we pay attention on others sides of the music, like the lyrical quality, the background music, subliminal notes, the riffs and the soul of the song, and a casual listener don't realise it.

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
one of my friends who isnt a huge disturbed fan like me, but she likes them, told me they all sound the same. I dont think they do at all but to the casual radio listener they probs do. Alot of the single radio aired songs sound similar.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
That's the root of it - they're casual listeners. To them, every song will sound the same because they don't really pay attention. How the hell does Believe sound like Indestructible? It's ridiculous.

To those saying that Disturbed has no talent...well, I'd like to see them in a world-renown band. With how many platinum albums?

I guess they just don't understand. I suppose it's like (and please forgive me) us hating on Justin Bieber. To his loyal fans, he's got talent and whatnot, but to us, he's...well...horrible. Technically, there's nothing we can do about the haters cause they already have their minds made up.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
some people are like that they arrogant fuckers like i say often haters gonna hate

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
As David says "Listen to and do whatever makes you feel powerful"

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
I deal with this all the time. And I love that line by David.

Infecto

Infecto
Disturbed One
Dude..you're my man.
I'm the special Disturbed fan who is REALLY annoyed by that...it really pisses me off 'cause everyone in my town knows me as a huge Disturbed fan or "The Disturbed One"
When someone insults Disturbed,he insults a part of me..and I hate that -.-" but the fact is that most insults and critics are nonsense and stupid

Willistor

Willistor
Stupified
Someone tried telling me they all sound the same, so I burnt them a cd =p. Needless to say, I won that argument.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I've encountered my share of haters. The one I remember best was when I was working a store closing as a sign holder. I was being paid by a temp agency- not the store.

One of the store employees asked me what I was listening to. I was listening ONLY to Disturbed at the time as said so. He said that there he couldn't believe it and didn't understand why he was listening to it and that there was no "growth" in the music. I asked him point blank if he was deaf and and told him the "Indestructible" was the "epitome of their metamorphosis". He was a sarcastic ass when I used big words, but he didn't argue with me any more. Anyway- me jamming to Disturbed while I was standing out on the street corner with the sign drew in a lot of business for the little movie store's "going out of business" sale so he should have just said thank you to me and Disturbed- right? =P

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com