Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Disturbed frontman David Draiman has been dealing with the blowback from his recent comments that the “demise of hard rock and metal” are factors in the bands forthcoming indefinite hiatus. Originally speaking to Billboard.com earlier this month, Draiman touched on the reasons for the bands upcoming hiatus, stating:

“Many of those reasons are personal reasons, and many of those reasons have to do with the state of the music industry in general and the demise of hard rock and metal right now. The industry is still in a state of reformation; it is on the verge of collapse, in my opinion. It’s a frightening time, and I think after 10 to 12 years straight of touring it’s just a good time for Disturbed to go away for awhile and wait for the phoenix to rise from the ashes.”

Since then he has been barraged by fans via his Twitter account. When asked to clarify his original statement to Billboard, he responded (yes, he uses Twitter entirely in caps):

“…THE “DEMISE” OF HARD ROCK/HEAVY METAL I WAS REFERRING TO WAS THAT IT IS RELATIVELY IGNORED BY THE MEDIA IN GENERAL. IT IS STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE, AND STRONG. I BEAR WITNESS TO THAT, AS WELL AS THE 10-15,000 PEOPLE WE ARE PLAYING TO EVERY NIGHT. THE “PERSONAL” REASONS I REFERRED TO ARE OUR OWN INDIVIDUAL CREATIVE WANTS AND OPPORTUNITIES WED LIKE TO EXPLORE, THAT WE NEVER HAD TIME TO BEFORE. THE REST IS TRUE.”

When asked by a fan on what should be done to fix the music industry, he offered:

“MIGHT BE TOO LATE. THE INDUSTRY NEEDS TO RE-INVEST IN ARTIST DEVELOPMENT. CUT SALARIES FOR THE HIGHER UPS. GET MORE DAY TO DAY STAFF/PERSONNEL. EMBRACE TECHNOLOGY, NEGOTIATE DEALS WITH EVERY ISP TO KEEP FILE SHARING UNDER CONTROL, PULL THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR ASSES. STOP RAPING FANS WITH HIGH TICKET SERVICE CHARGES, NO MORE 10 DOLLAR BEERS AND SUCH AT CONCESSIONS. GO BACK TO WHEN IT WAS ABOUT THE MUSIC…”

Further elaborating on the ISP filesharing idea and filesharing in general, he stated:

“THAT’S A LONG STORY. MY OPINION IS THAT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY MISSED THE BOAT. I DON’T BLAME THE FANS OR THE PUBLIC FOR WANTING A QUICK AND EASY WAY TO GET THEIR MUSIC. HAD THE RECORD LABELS NEGOTIATED WITH THE ISP’S 10-15 YEARS AGO TO BUILD IN A FILE SHARING FEE TO THE STANDARD ISP MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGE, SAY AN ADDITIONAL 5 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR UNLIMITED FILE SHARING, THAT OFFERED INCENTIVES AND SPECIAL TRACKS/ RELEASES, WOULDN’T YOU HAVE DONE IT? OVER 70 MILLION PEOPLE SUBSCRIBE TO ISP’S. 70 MILLION x 5 DOLLARS A MONTH IS A WHOLE LOT OF REVENUE THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN MISSING OUT ON. FILE SHARING WOULD HAVE BEEN W/O CONSEQUENCE AND AT MINUSCULE COST. EVERYONE WOULD HAVE WON. NOW WERE ALL PLAYING CATCH UP. TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE”

Meanwhile when quizzed separately by fans on the decline in metal and his outlook, he commented:

“THERE IS NO DECLINE IN METAL. IT HAS SIMPLY BEEN CONSISTENTLY OVERLOOKED BY THE MASS MEDIA ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS. UNDESERVEDLY”

“IN MY OPINION METAL IS AS STRONG AS EVER. THE OVERALL MARKETPLACE HAS WEAKENED. BUT COMPARED TO MOST, METAL IS KICKING ASS!!!”

Of course the internet is never safe from negativity and when accused by a fan of “swiftly ruining metal” who further hoped they break up before they release “10,000 Fists a fourth time” he responded:

“FUCK OFF. GO BACK TO YOUR BASEMENT; WHERE YOU’LL NEVER KNOW THE WARMTH OF A WOMAN, AND LISTEN TO YOUR COOKIE MONSTER METAL”

While Disturbed have certainly been vocal regarding their planned hiatus though, it would appear that it won’t be the end of the group. For not only have they re-signed with Warner for another album, but they also have a b-sides compilation in the pipeline.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
All I have to say is, "GET 'EM, DAVID! GIVE THOSE BASTARDS WHAT FOR!"

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
David"s one hellova powerhouse when he's on a roll...give em hell!

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
No shit! That was just awsome how he laid right into that. All I did was cheer like fucking crazy as I was reading this! I think the town 20 miles from my house could've easy heard me cheering! (lol)

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Looks like some douchebags posted that last tweet in their website and now the haters are swarming. David posted an extremely long tweet elaborating how he regrets making the "cookie monster" comment.

"KNOW THAT I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DEZ, WE ARE OLD FRIENDS AND ANY MISUNDERSTANDING HAS BEEN CLEARED UP. I WROTE HIM THE FOLLOWING-
REGARDING WHAT I "SAID". YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THESE GUYS (THE MEDIA IN GENERAL) LOVE TO CREATE CONTROVERSY AND DRAMA. I INVITE YOU TO READ-
THE ARTICLE IN REVOLVER, WHO THANKFULLY GOT IT RIGHT REGARDING MY "DEMISE OF HARD ROCK AND HEAVY METAL" QUOTE. IT WAS TAKEN WAY OUT OF-
CONTEXT. I WAS REFERRING TO THE FACT THAT HARD ROCK AND HEAVY METAL HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IGNORED BY THE MASS MEDIA. COMPARED TO WHAT THE OTHER-
-GENRES ARE DOING, I TRULY DO BELIEVE THAT METAL IS AS STRONG AS EVER. REGARDING THE "COOKIE MONSTER" COMMENT. WHEN THE PRP POSTED THEIR-
CHOICE EXCERPT FROM THE BILLBOARFD ARTICLE, THEY LINKED IT TO MY TWITTER PAGE. I WAS IN TURN BESIEGED BY A BUNCH OF HATERS WHO GET NO-
-GREATER DELIGHT, THAN TO INSULT MY LIFE AND HERITAGE AND RUN TO TELL THEIR FRIENDS ABOUT IT. A FEW OF THEM (AND ONE IN PARTICULAR) PUSHED-
- AND HERITAGE AND RUN TO TELL THEIR FRIENDS ABOUT IT. A FEW (AND ONE IN PARTICULAR) PUSHED ME TOO FAR, SAYING THAT IF HE WERE MY-
-GIRLFRIEND, AND HEARD INSIDE THE FIRE, THAT HE WOULD HAVE KILLED HIMSELF TOO. HE ALSO WENT ON TO INSULT MY JEWISH HERITAGE AND INSISTED-
-THAT HITLER SHOULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB (BOTH MY GRANDPARENTS ARE SURVIVORS OF THE HOLOCAUST). I REACTED, AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGEMENT-
-AND TOLD HIM THAT HE SHOULD "GO BACK TO HIS MOTHERS BASEMENT, WHERE HE WILL NEVER KNOWN WARMTH OF A WOMAN, AND JACK HIMSELF OFF TILL HE-
-BLEEDS, LISTENING TO HIS "COOKIE MONSTER" METAL". THE PRP AND OTHERS THEN TOOK MY RESPONSE TO HIM ON MY TWITTER PAGE AND THREW IT UP ON-
-THEIR WEBSITE AND OTHERS ARE NOW ASKING OTHERS TO COMMENT ON IT. I AM/AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF METALCORE/HARDCORE. I LOVE THE WORK OF-
-LAMB OF GOD, HATEBREED, DEVIL DRIVER, AND MANY OTHERS IN THE GENRE WHOM WE HAVE OFTEN TAKEN ON TOUR. I REGRET EVEN RESPONDING TO THAT FOOL-
AND THE CONFUSION IT HAS CAUSED. I RESPECT AND LOVE THE UNDERGROUND AND AM TRULY SORRY THESE MANIPULATIVE MORONS HAVE TRIED TO START-
-SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THERE. THERE IS NO POINT IN SOLDIERS FIGHTING THE SAME CRUSADE TURNING AGAINST EACH OTHER. ALL MY RESPECT AND THANKS-
-FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING DAVID DRAIMAN DISTURBED. -DEZ AND I SPOKE AND CLEARED IT UP AND IM TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF RANDY AS WE SPEAK."

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I responded to David in response to that. That's what's wrong with most of the music press, is that they take something way out of context, repost it, and the haters come out to feast on the remains. David is very vocal when it comes to his love and support of the hard rock/ metal genre. While he does regret to have given in and responded to the douchebag who made vile comments about David, his heritage, and his family... he's only human after all, and we all want to defend ourselves, our livelihood, our families against unwarranted attacks. David is no different. People who hate on David and Disturbed (or anyone else for that matter) are nothing but what my father called shit disturbers; always stirring the pot trying to create drama where none exists.

Disturbed will ALWAYS have my support, respect and gratitude. Period.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
David's "Demise of Hard Rock/ Metal" comment has received a lot of blow back. He's having to correct misconceptions with friends now. When will the idiots stop? When will people stop reading things into David's tweets that aren't there? He's been having to cover his ass over all of this now for too long. People need to stop putting words in his mouth. It's ridiculous.

I also responded to David's tweets. here's the link for those who may want to read what I said: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like Stef will always support Disturbed no matter what. We all have our reasons why we love Disturbed. This is one of those moments when we need to stand up and show our support for them now more than ever!

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Haters gonna hate. Haters gonna get pummeled by Ten Thousand Fists.

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
some of them are saying that they couldn't find the tweets where his heritage was attacked

what these people don't seem to understand is that twitter is unstable - and by that i mean...u could tweet something, have that tweet exist for a few minutes and then delete it.

It only takes a few seconds for the person you were tweeting to to see it (it that person is online , of course) and then reply. If the first person who tweeted the malicious content deletes the tweet, then the second person who replied either looks crazy or like he/she is taking to him/herself.

All this because twitter can be easily manipulated.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Sick tactic, deleting the proof.

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i'm not saying that's exactly what happened, i'm saying it is a possibility

and there are many

including the fact that there may have been multiple people in a row, with mean comments, and he replied that to one of them, thinking it was the same person making all of the comments

if you're doing everything fast like he is and/or by phone, you can get easily confused by screen names and avatars and so on
i've replied to wrong people lots of times and i don't even have half of the followers or the number of tweets sent to me like he does

My point is that twitter is unreliable most of the times and people should not be so quick to throw stones if their research isn't 100%.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I saw the tweet where he told dude to fuck off and go back to his basement and all that wonderful stuff- but I didn't see the part where he told the guy to go jack off till he bleeds. I would have laughed my ass off at that.

I have yet to share this with David, but Katt Williams once said, "We need haters. Haters let us know that we're doing something right." And like Rei said, Haters gonna hate. It happens.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
What these haters don't understand is that we are fully prepared to them them head-on. We are a legion of Ten Thousand Fists sworn to protect Disturbed!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
-laughs- Yes, we are a legion of 10k fists for Disturbed. But, you have to let haters do what they do. Haters will never change. They hate and that's all they know. All we as Disturbed 1's can do is put them in their place and try to re-educate them in hopes that they will change their tune. Other than that, there's really nothing we can do about the hater trolls. It's not out fault that they choose to be that way.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Yeah, plus, in accordance to what you said without haters, you're not doing something right. The haters are just jealous of what Disturbed has achieved. I'd like to see them try and do what they've done.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
EXACTLY! HATERS ARE GONNA HATE. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO.

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
David's pretty right in the rejection of metal in the mordern spotlight of music. I watched the infomercial on the live DVD of the rock and roll hall of fame and metallica was never mentioned. Pics and videos of them performing at the HOF concert flashed by many times, but it was never mentioned that Metallica was in the HOF.

EDIT: plus, MTV never talks about true metal. sure they can mention greenday or some other pussy rock band (sorry to offend any fans but they arent real metal). MTV always talks about Katy Perry and her "great selling album but they always fail to mention that she got beat out by, guess who? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think thats just a slap in the face to the pop genre and the MTV fags.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
MTV used to play real music. I remember those days. Now, it's all about booty popping and bubblegum. What happened to the days when they plays Rock?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com