DISTURBED: 'We Have Some Things Going On Internally, We Have Some Personal Things Going On - Page 2

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Yumiyuri

Immortalized
When I read the title, I think my heart stopped for a second. But when I looked at the other posts, I got relieved. Sure, I'll miss Disturbed, we all will, but it's not the end of the world. They're human too and they can't do so many things at once and need to straighten out their priorities. I don't think they'll ever THINK of disbanding, they've been doing their thing perfectly for over ten years and music will always and forever be in their soul.

I'm pretty sure they're going to catch us off-guard when they come back with an album that will blow our brains! :)

View user profile
oright i know Disturbed gonna be free agent's after this touring cycle and that they want to take an extended break and they don't want to negotiate with any record label until their break is done but does anyone think "RoadRunner" may want to give a deal or sign Disturbed seems like all the good bands are there Slipknot,Machine Head, Megadeth, KoRn, Nickelback, Stone Sour, Trivium etc. Reply someone Please. I want to hear your guys opinion's.

View user profile

Ravensclaw

Administrator
well roadrunner are already now warner bros they got bought some time ago plus according to sources they got money problems right now they in so much dept so definitely not from my point of view cause it takes them 3 to 4 years to make an album so no maybe they could sign with universal label they allow copyrighted vids on you tube of course you will see universal and then the name of the artist on the video its self but they dont act all controlling taking down their videos stay away from warner and sony their the same

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ravensclaw
Administrator
The Pioneer All Things Disturbed Joke!
View user profile

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
I wouldn't mind them signing to Universal if that is indeed what the plan will be. Warner Bros. is trying to buy out EMI and not having much luck (perhaps due to financial woes). Disturbed should insist on taking their entire catalog and Intoxication Records with them wherever they end up. I've heard of too many bands getting screwed by record companies when it comes to going to a new label, and Disturbed doesn't need that.

We shall see what the future holds for our guys. Be patient.

Your Humble Global Moderator,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile
I actually personally wouldn't mind Disturbed going back to Warner Bros. I speak purely for myself here, but I haven't had any trouble from this record label. I know they like to control certain aspects of things, and I know this has pissed even David off in the past, but at the same time, Warner Bros helps turn Disturbed into a marketing machine.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a person who buys all of my music via iTunes or CD. As that kind of person, I have no problem with the service Warner Bros. provides. I've seen them mostly being picky with the internet, in fact. Well, I get my Disturbed music either directly from Warner or from iTunes, so I, personally speaking, wouldn't mind a return to Warner.

That said, we've also got marketing to consider, as I pointed out earlier. We all know Disturbed now has four consecutive #1 albums, which is near record-breaking. The precedent is held by only two other musical acts ever. Now, it's fair to say that the music helped elevate Disturbed to this level. In fact, it's fair to say that's been the backbone of the whole process. However, Warner majorly helps to get it out there. In my opinion, most of their marketing campaigns pay off in a huge way. It's not because of them that we have four consecutive #1 albums, but they play a factor, and anybody saying otherwise isn't paying much mind to their massive marketing.

You've got to compare this to labels like Roadrunner when considering a new label. I rarely see Roadrunner-released albums promoted properly, or even taking #1 on Billboard. My favorite band, Korn, is currently on Roadrunner, and guess what? Their last album, Korn III, was a complete and utter failure. The music was the best they've released in years; a true return to form. But all they got for marketing were a few commercials, a special concert that literally only showed on one cable service provider-specific pay-per-view channel (QED: Not many people saw it), and two singles. Sure, I'm undercrediting a bit, but those were essentially the only things that mattered. The date for the lead single was constantly set, then moved, then set, then moved, and it was so uncertain. There was relatively little airplay for that single. The album had such little buzz.

Further, it only got two singles. All of the band members expressed extreme interest in releasing a few more singles, but later said the label stopped them from doing so. Then the album opened to 168,000 units moved on its opening week, and has pretty much stalled there. The album was a complete failure, and I believe this is because it wasn't marketed properly. I also believe this because I see similar things from Slipknot and Stone Sour, who are also some of my favorite bands. Roadrunner is pretty much a label that exists only to give fans their music; not to promote and gain new fans. That's in my experience, at least. But when a dubstep-metal infused music movement started up online by the lead singer of Korn generates buzz and snowballs into a single more successful than the label-approved singles, I think it says something.

Some of these other labels may be nicer for some processes, but Warner promotes the hell out of Disturbed. I'm speaking personally here, again, but I simply think we should keep that in mind as well.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum