Disturbed says they're preparing for a long break from music --from NME.com - Page 2

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

A break, yes but i hope they dont end forever.

Ravensclaw

Administrator
its only gonna be 2 or 3 months they said they got something coming in dec so everyone needs to chill they aint done trust me they just tired and need a long rest they will be back

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ravensclaw
Administrator
The Pioneer All Things Disturbed Joke!
View user profile

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
Thank you Raven and Stef for setting the record straight.

See, there's no need to freak out. They need a break, that's all. I mean, David deserves to get married without the stress of having to come up with new lyrics for a new album. He deserves a chance to start a family and have cute little munchkins running around the house for a little bit and not have to think about touring and when he's going to have to leave his family again because I don't know how many of you have kids and have traveled with them small, but let me tell you- IT SUCKS!

Not to mention that the other guys need to spend some time with their wives and families. I'm sure they'd all love to play Daddy and actually ATTEND school functions rather than hearing about them from their wives and kids. And birthdays... I know that missing birthdays sucks. I know what it feels like to have a parent miss a birthday. It's not fun!

I'm sure that Disturbed will be around for a very long time and this break will mean next to nothing. They'll have new, even heavier material and we'll give them their fifth #1 debut on the Billboard 200. I mean, we are Disturbed Ones, right?

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
I agree 100% with all of you i am THE biggest disturbed fan on the eastern seaboard and even i know that they will be back. They not ever break up because they have worked hard all of their lives to get to this point so no they are not going to give up. They love each other too much to quit. They are brothers and they have known each other for a long time so i think a break is exactly what they need and like you guys said we have like 100 disturbed songs hold us over til' the next record. I say Disturbed will be back next year and the next record will be heavy and powerful. The next album will make the sickness record seem like the Believe record. Be Patient Patience is a virtue.\m/\m/

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
somebody asked:

"So I just need to understand something, are you saying that there will be no more Disturbed ever again?"

and David replied

"I JUST DONT KNOW AT THIS POINT. I'M NOT GOING TO LIE"

see, it's comments like this that make me anxious

View user profile

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
I saw that, too.

I still don't think it means forever, despite David's response. There are probably things going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of. And again, I'm just going to take things as they come, and wait for an official announcement from the band. Nothing's been said on D1, or their official Twitter page, and even David has said that he just doesn't know. Try not to read anything more into what he says. He's always been straightforward with the fans, and if there's something we need to know, he'll let us know...after they all figure out what they're going to do. Personally, he sounds tired.

Your Humble Global Moderator,

Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
what do you think may be going on behind the scenes?

the relationship between the guys seems as great as ever, I don't think there are problems there....do you?

View user profile
my take on it......we know Disturbed is a band without a contract now that Asylum is finished. They probably have several offers on the table and have to decide which path they want to take. They have been a hugely successful band and want to continue that along with putting out new material that they believe in....
Couple that with families, new marriage, being in a good place financially, and getting older, there is just more planning involved.......
I've read Draiman's twitter stuff. I feel that by him being really simple about "we just don't know yet" is sort of letting the fans spin and create a buzz for the band...........He does have a tour to promote, so if fans think this may be it for a while, they're more likely to come see the band live........and at the same time he isn't being dishonest, because he doesn't know what their next move is until the tour is done and the band hashes it out...
I'm just glad at this point this isn't one of those bands that has multiple divorces, lawyers, child support payments, and law problems where it REALLY changes the course of a band. They're in a good place........................and I can't wait to see them..............on July 10!.......................a nah ah, a nah ah

View user profile

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
^ Interesting take on things!

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
Okay tell me this, how can ANY of them even think about doing this....Okay they are embedded into my life and if they just leave for good as in no more Disturbed, I won't ever function right again! Already I am having a hard time with my work, training and relationship because how upset I am about him even saying that, I can not function in this fucked up world without Disturbed, honestly just fucking shoot me if they are going to leave Disturbed.

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
i asked david on twitter

"gotta ask,its been eating at me for weeks!!this break - did u guys fight?are u not getting along as great as usual? :("

and he said

"I UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT COMMENT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. THERE ARE MANY FACTORS INVOLVED"

now besides freaking out like crazy, what am i supposed to believe out of that?

View user profile
Okay, seriously enough is enough. David is most likely annoyed the hell out with all these rumors of a band break up, when those words never came out of any band member mouth. He cant say "Were never going to break up", because he cant predict the future. "Were in need of a much needed break" because they have been touring for a tad over a year non fucking stop!! They are exhusted, they have got to be the most active band of 2010-2011. Music is their life, but they have been away from family and friends for over a year doing their jobs. Its time they relax and do regular people things and enjoy life without working so damned hard. I honestly dont know where the rumor was born that Disturbed is breaking up in this break, its stupid. Its like being in school for 180 days and then going into summer break. you are tired of school and need the break. this is their "summer vacation". They arent breaking up, stop worrying. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

EDIT: "as long as you stay with us, we will stay with you": the more fans keep asking about a band break up, the more insecure it makes us look about Disturbed staying united. So in essence, it makes us look like were not with them 100%, so the worry needs to die.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum