Disturbed says they're preparing for a long break from music --from NME.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Photo: PA

Disturbed have hinted that they're about to step out of the live scene for a good while soon, saying they're not sure when they will return to Europe for shows or begin writing new material.

Speaking to NME at Download Festival earlier today (June 12), frontman David Draiman said that the band have yet to think about the follow-up to 2010's 'Asylum'.

He said: "This is our last European run of the current touring cycle. We're not sure when we're going to be back. We're touring the States after this and then a short South American run, but that's it after that."

====>

Read the rest of the story here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I guess the guys need a break; David's getting married and who knows what the others will do with their time off. I'm sure more details will be revealed in the weeks to come.

Your Humble Global Moderator,

Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

CrowX

Administrator
They Deserve a break nonstop touring. it is time to be with there families and David to get prepared to get married.

CrowX
Administrator
View user profile

Ravensclaw

Administrator
david needs to rest his voice you can see in the interviews that they all tired and need a break they should for ahilw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
The Pioneer All Things Disturbed Joke!
View user profile

Monster666

Stricken
its a good time for a break id say. they have been touring non stop since and even before asylum came out. It looks like this might be a longer break than usual but i guess we as fans will make it lol. At the same time i kinda feel glad that they are taking time off to live life and spend time with their families.

View user profile

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
CrowX wrote:They Deserve a break nonstop touring. it is time to be with there families and David to get prepared to get married.

I think all David will have to do is get to the church/synagogue/chapel on time!! LOL

View user profile

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
^LMAO... I'm sure that's the case. Lena seems like that type to tell him, "Sit your ass down and hold on tight. Let me do all the work."

View user profile

Bound2Fate

I think a longer break would be very good for them. They've basically been going nonstop for the past 10 years. They should take a year or maybe two to come back, rejuvenated, and possibly reinvent themselves a tad bit. In my opinion the past few albums have been quite similar sounding, so a longer break would be good for them to sound really fresh again.

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
i agree with that i think also that a long break is something they really need. We dont want them to burn out. I think the next album is going to be insane i think david married and all will be more vicious and the guys will be more angrier than before.

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
even us , the fans, have been saying they deserve and need a break

and when they will be back, david's voice will be at full force and the new album will be AMAZING and sick!

View user profile
Hmmmmm..... Last year June 14 saw the official YouTube and radio station release of Another Way to Die, which quickly climbed to the top. This year June 14 sees Disturbed not writing music anymore for a while... Quite a stark difference.

I'm glad to see the guys get some downtime if they want it, but I've gotta say I'm disheartened by this news. Lately all of my bands have been going through bad shit. Korn is adopting a dubstep sound that is sick, sure, but now they're talking full-on albums of it, and it's meeting so much resistance. Many fans are just telling them to retire already if they wanna write crap. Then there's Slipknot, who aren't going to be writing a new studio album at all... Top that with Corey and Joey's across-the-media bickering that has me so scared that they hate each other and there will be some kind of band feud. Stone Sour is doing well, but they aren't satisfying me alone.

I was glad that Disturbed was standing strong through that and that the next album or at least single would probably get news or a release by my graduation, which is next year. Now I get the news that Disturbed is simply stopping for a while too... I guess there goes all my new music for awhile, unless I open my tastes up to different things, which I am hesitant to do for quite a few reasons.

So yeah, I agree the guys can obviously take a break when they want. Doesn't mean I'll like it. Not only am I scared of the fact that three of my four favorite bands are either out of commission or taking a huge tumble with fans, but specifically with Disturbed, I'm scared of them losing the momentum they've established. 2010 was a huge year for them, being the anniversary of their debut, and getting another #1 album, plus planning Music As A Weapon V (though that was admittedly more 2011 than 2010). That's a lot of shit that went down in a short time and I know that Disturbed has gained a lot of fans and respect over the past year. That could just be in my town/area, but I'm talking a lot of "casuals" being abducted and turned into superfans by Asylum and The Sickness re-print.

Fact is, I don't know what I'm getting at. As long as Disturbed goes on a short tour cycle following this break and before the next album, I think their momentum can reboot pretty easily... I hope. I just don't want them to break their #1 release chain or lose fans because they're forgotten about or something. It can happen, quite easily. And let's face it, I need Disturbed. I don't like to bitch, but life isn't always easy, and it's quite weird how each Disturbed release seems timely for me in different ways, and each usually helps me sort dilemmas in my life. THAT'S why I'm nervous....

[/rant]

Sorry for the long post, friends.

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
Compared to the other bands you've mentioned, the break that Disturbed is taking is for good reasons. Nobody is fighting amongst themselves, or with the fans. It's family time and vocal rest, for a while.

They haven't had a decent break in a decade. They've been touring harder than Metallica, harder than humanly possible.
I don't want them to get to the point where they are exhausted physically and mentally, can't stand to look at each other and/or run completely out of ideas and start repeating themselves in their music.

They won't lose momentum - on the contrary - they'll come back with fresh eyes, new strength and new ideas.

And who knows, a year - year and a half from now, when they release the new album, might be just in time for an important moment in your life.

View user profile

Nakho

Loading The Weapon
they really deserve a rest...but first south america!

View user profile

Bound2Fate

Look at System of a Down, they've been on hiatus for the past 5 or 6 years, but now they're back and just as strong as ever. A break is not the end of the world. And it doesn't hurt to have dozens of other bands to look forward to either ;)

View user profile

Forstyrret

Stupified
Was hoping for a new album 2012/2013.

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
i think the new album will be by october maybe. I think the album will be called like "APOCALYPSE" or "ARMAGADEN" considering the whole 2012 thing.

View user profile

Yumiyuri

Immortalized
Can't say I'll embrace this whole-heartedly, but yep, they do need a break. David needs to get married and rest his voice (so much has happened to him in the past months, he definitely deserves the rest!), Dan and Mike, though, I'm sure, will be tossing around the beats and riffs like they always do. The ideas will keep coming to them even though they've decided to take it easy for a while.

In the meantime, we have about a hundred Disturbed songs to listen to and enjoy whilst we wait for their return. When they do return, I hope the new album will be their most explosive yet!

View user profile

Dawn_Cato

Global Moderator
Well...the long break can be a productive one for David and Danny...advice I would have for them is focus on their record label and add more music artists... promote and push...married life for David and Lena in a peaceful and blissful environment...it's baby making time for those two...yeah Lets see how this long break does for the guys.

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
I think they will come back 110% better and they will be pissed off and ready to release some aggression!! At least, i hope so.The new album will be incredible and i think they should get a producer this time around.

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
Ok, I'm starting to feel more and more weird about this.

I know that indirectly David said that they are not breaking up - correct me if I'm wrong.
But I've been reading his tweets and I'm feeling more and more uneasy about all of this.

I am very emotionally attached to this band - as are we all.
And when David went through his throat problems, I couldn't listen to Disturbed songs because all I could think about were his problems and it was heartbreaking, I couldn't enjoy the music. And I did that both times it happened. You know how hard it is to not be able to enjoy the music?

And I can't listen to Disturbed now either, because all I'm thinking about is the slight possibility of them not existing anymore...

I would just die if this happened...I...don't know what I would do with myself..

View user profile

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
Folks, there is not reason to freak out. They just need a break. David seems to be saying that until he's blue in the face. How many time does he have to say that he doesn't know how long they're going to be down for people to stop freaking out? He's said in interviews that they're trying to figure out, as a band, the direction they're headed in. He's said the same in 140 characters or less on twitter. He just doesn't know what they're going to do or when they're going to be back in the studio.

They've been going for ten years straight. I'm sure the guys that have kinds have been missing all kids of birthdays and they'd like to spend time with their kids. I'm sure that our favorite serial bachelor is ready for the reign to end and to start his family. Don't freak out; they'll be back. Come on, it's Disturbed! Like they would let us down like that.

Have a little faith!

View user profile
Like David said "As long as you stay with us, we will stay with you" and we know for damned sure we are staying with Disturbed. Every band cant be Rush and put out a new album after new album every time they take a break. Disturbed has an art to their music and it takes time to create that art. David's marriage and the bands familys are first on this break. Personally, Im looking forward to a new Disturbed record but not for a while. Come on, we just got Asylum in late 2010. It hasnt been a year yet. I'd give it 2 or 3 more years until disturbed announces a new record. The longest time was TTF in 2005 until 2008 for Indestructible. Until then, I'm excited to see what bands are placed onto Intoxication Records and listening to them.

View user profile

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
ShockAndAwe wrote:Like David said "As long as you stay with us, we will stay with you" and we know for damned sure we are staying with Disturbed. Every band cant be Rush and put out a new album after new album every time they take a break. Disturbed has an art to their music and it takes time to create that art. David's marriage and the bands familys are first on this break. Personally, Im looking forward to a new Disturbed record but not for a while. Come on, we just got Asylum in late 2010. It hasnt been a year yet. I'd give it 2 or 3 more years until disturbed announces a new record. The longest time was TTF in 2005 until 2008 for Indestructible. Until then, I'm excited to see what bands are placed onto Intoxication Records and listening to them.

Amen to that!

View user profile

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
^ I agree.

There isn't a whole hell of a lot you can say in 140 characters or less on Twitter.

David did make an interesting point once: as long as you're with us, we're with you. I don't think this signals the end of Disturbed. They, too, deserve to live life without having to make a new record, which leads to more touring. They need to rest, recharge and regroup. When (not if) they return, they'll be stronger than ever. Look at the albums they made after their last long break between 2005 and 2008: Indestructible and Asylum... maybe a long break is what they need to stir the creative juices. Just think of the riffs Danny could come up with in that time, the lyrics that David could come up with...

Don't lose faith, Disturbed 1s... they'll be back- bigger and badder than ever.

View user profile
To be honest, at their level I can't see any real momentum being lost. Only the small bands get forgotten once they stop. Disturbed's been building to this break for a long time. Now that they've finally gained some footing in Europe, I think they can feel secure. If anyone's worried about the four #1 albums record, keep in mind that Dave Matthews Band's last two albums were four years apart (for that matter, they were competing with Eminem and The Black Eyed Peas that week). Surely the Disturbed1s are just as devoted (we've outsold Katy Perry, Lil Wayne and Usher, so pop-divas are no threat to us).

Also, I think after big hits in the last few years like Inside the Fire and The Animal, the world (that is to say, the mainstream audience) has probably gotten bored of Disturbed. They need a moment to breath, or they'll become exhausted of the band (if a record/tour is the exhale, this will be the inhale).

If Slipknot's maggots can get through their band going on hiatus after every cycle, surely we can stand 3-4 years without Disturbed.

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
waiting doesn't bother me

as long as I know there is light at the end of this 3-4 year tunnel, that's all i need...i don't mind waiting

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum