Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Stanley Cup Playoffs Wed 25 May 2011, 03:09

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
The semi-final round is just about over. Canucks won the series against San Jose Sharks tonight, and we're going on to face either the Tampa Bay Lightning or Boston Bruins (Lightning 2, Bruins 3).

All I can say now is GO CANUCKS GO! This is our year!

2Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Thu 26 May 2011, 09:36

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
I will be rooting for Vancouver absolutely hate anything boston and tampa won a couple years back so go canucks.

3Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Sat 28 May 2011, 00:22

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Well, it looks like Boston vs Vancouver in the Stanley Cup finals... This is Boston's first trip in 21 years. We shall see who bests whom.

4Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Thu 02 Jun 2011, 00:06

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
It was scoreless for most of the game, but we got it in the last 15 seconds. Beautiful tip by Raffi Torres.

Statistics say that the team to win the first game in the final series usually gets the cup (82%)

GO CANUCKS GO!

5Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Thu 02 Jun 2011, 02:24

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Having lived in the Boston area, where you can't help but love their sports teams, and because I always seem to root for the underdog, I have to go with the Bruins. They'll come back.

Crow...pls don't hate me!

6Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Sun 05 Jun 2011, 00:02

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
We were out-doing Boston in the 1st period, they came back in the second, eventually leading 2-1, Daniel Sedin ties it, we go into OT and not even 11 seconds into it Alex Burrows scores just like that.

Anticlimactic but a win is a win. 2-0 in the series (our boys are heading to Boston now).

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

7Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Thu 16 Jun 2011, 13:18

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Welllllll....

Looks like Boston are the proud new owners of Lord Stanley's Cup. Both teams played admirably... but WTF went on in Vancouver last night?! It's just a hockey game! Not worth rioting in the streets over...

I know I know... it was the Stanley Cup. Still, it's just a hockey game! There's always next year. Congrats to the Bruins for the win, and to Vancouver for playing some spirited hockey.

8Stanley Cup Playoffs Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Thu 16 Jun 2011, 19:55

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Me, I stayed far away. They looted Sears, London Drugs, Hudson's Bay Company, overturned and lit cars on fire(including a few police cruisers) and over a hundred were injured. Much tear-gas was fired and most near-by hospitals were overflowed (though I more-so blame that on our prime minister's under-funding). Getting people out of there wasn't easy since the bridge was closed off and bus services were suspended for the driver's safety.

Just to let people know, this was a few hundred drunken hooligans and a mob-mentality: police discovered several lunatics went to the game carrying molotov cocktails. So yes, a few hundred of them were planning to riot win or lose (like '94 all over again). Meanwhile the good citizens have organized a clean-up operation today and they've even started a Facebook page to post any pics you took (or tag certain faces) to help police identify the rioters.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com