Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
Hey guys and girls now that we have absorbed "3" tell us what you think of it! give your rating it doesnt matter what kind of rating you give the song. Also, tell why you gave it that rating.

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i give it a 10/10

instrumentally and david's voice - fucking metal and it sounds perfect

and of course, lyrically amazing, how david incorporated the story and imagined the feelings of those men so vividly that i get shivers everytime i listen to it

it's also one of the songs with which i identify - of course not fully, cause i cannot even imagine being in that same situation - but i have been called a satanist for listening to metal and wearing black and it hurts. A lot. That people would just jump to a such a conclusion just by the way you dress.

Let's just say I kind of identify with the song and I think we all do, more or less.

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
^ I agree with you 100% Ivy. I feel the same way!

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
same 10/10

too_disturbed

too_disturbed
Believer
Well here's my video review of sorts on '3' : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I really liked the song, but rating it as a "critic" and not the diehard Disturbed fan I am, it gets a 4/5.

Reason being, I doubt it'll appeal much to Disturbed fans who ONLY listen to Disturbed's radio hits. Otherwise, great vocal delivery and instrumental preformance! Amazing solo to boot!

Don't hate me Disturbed family!!
Spoiler:

Youtube: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twitter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
100/100!!!

Lyrically and vocally, it was mindblowing. You can feel all that emotion in there and it makes you want to keep on playing it and playing it until you realize that your player has broken. My only nitpick is the echoes in the chorus, didn't sit well too much with me but I'm willing to overlook that.

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
10/10 Perfect Disturbed. Heavy and in your face animalistic song!

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
10/10 Lyrics are great Easily my Favorite B side track.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Score: 10/10

Reason: this is a hard, driving song that takes a true story and makes it seem relateable to the listener. It pisses you off that people are judged by what kind of music they listen to, how they dress, who they associate with, etc. This is, in my opnion only, one of the best songs Disturbed has ever released. Unfortunately there are still people out there who make those snap judgements about people. That's why US jails are filled not with true hardened criminals, but those who have done nothing wrong except be at the wrong place at the wrong time, or are accused of crimes they didn't commit (and the lawyers know this), and have evidence manufactured against them to get that conviction.

Knowledge is the key to understanding. I've always wanted to know more about things I don't understand. Having knowledge frees you in ways that simply having an education does not. There are a lot of people out there (present company and the band excluded, of course) who have degrees who are as dumb as a box of rocks.

*stepping off my soapbox now*

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
I'll be honest, I didn't dig it much...

It gets a 6/10. There are a few reasons for this.

The chief reason among them is David. To me, this song could have benefited from a different perspective. Right now, David is talking as if he's Damien Echol. While there's not anything wrong with this on paper, I just find that style of writing annoying, as when I'm singing along, I feel like I'm singing about someone else's story, and then the lyrics don't seem to come from the heart; they're less personal. I wish David wrote this song with how disgusted he was at the situation in mind, rather than trying to "be" Damien Echols. I had a similar issue with Never Again, honestly. I miss David's old reaction style of writing, and I prefer it over what he did with "3".

That's my main problem with it. David's delivery is pretty perfect for the song (with the chorus melodies aside, which I find unwieldy and not-addictive), and it reminds me of Indestructible as far as some of the instrumental parts go. When I first heard it, that was my reaction; "Man, this sounds like Indestructible!" Then David came in and I heard the Asylum monster in there. So the song's like one big ball of Indestructible and Asylum.

Overall, the song rocks, but not as much as most of Asylum. You know?

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
disturbedsikkness wrote:I'll be honest, I didn't dig it much...

The chief reason among them is David. To me, this song could have benefited from a different perspective. Right now, David is talking as if he's Damien Echols.

That's exactly what I LIKED about it. He was telling Damien's story from Damien's point of view! But I can relate to it on a personal level as well. And it's hard, and driving, full of pent up anger at the system, at society, at the narrowminded people who allowed this miscarriage of justice to occur.

But, if you "didn't dig it", that's your opinion. Please allow me to respectfully disagree.

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
disturbedsikkness wrote:I'll be honest, I didn't dig it much...

The chief reason among them is David. To me, this song could have benefited from a different perspective. Right now, David is talking as if he's Damien Echols.

That's exactly what I LIKED about it. He was telling Damien's story from Damien's point of view! But I can relate to it on a personal level as well. And it's hard, and driving, full of pent up anger at the system, at society, at the narrowminded people who allowed this miscarriage of justice to occur.

But, if you "didn't dig it", that's your opinion. Please allow me to respectfully disagree.

I definitely respect your opinion on it. The first few days I had it, I loved the track and didn't put it down. So I know what that opinion is like. And with me, you can't tell what my "final" opinion will be. I may shift again yet.

To be more specific, I really do appreciate David's use of descriptive lyrics like:
"Why was everybody so damn afraid?
They blamed the devil
For the heinousness of a crime
To justify their own faith
We were labeled
Pawns of Satan for a time"

Even though I dislike the vocals for the song as a whole, I really respect that kind of descriptive songwriting, and it paints a hugely vivid picture. So yes, I do know where you're coming from, and I don't disagree with you completely. The guy

Jordan9812

Jordan9812
99.99999% Incredible

I love every aspect of the song except for at the beginning(and end)the lyrics where so spit fire fast that I couldn't hear the guitar or much else. Otherwise the song was perfect and the prefect amount of melody and intensity combine to make a freakin' awesome song!!!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I give it a 10/10. Musically, it was everything I've come to expect from Disturbed. There wasn't anything that could have been done better as far as I'm concerned. I've listened to other songs- even from Disturbed- and I've thought... "Well, this could have been gone about a little differently".

Vocally, David is top notch. It has that same harsh, unorthodox sound that he's famous for. The lyrics are very striking and have the same complexity that we all know that David is capable of. And the fact that he tells the story from the point of view of Damien Echols- the only member of this little group to be sitting on DEATH ROW- is what struck me most about it. When I first heard the song, I didn't expect what I heard lyrically. I was surprised that he told the story as though HE were Damien.

Now, I agree with our resident critic, too_disturbed (aka Down With the Herman) in that it's not for the mainstream Disturbed fan who just likes whatever they put out as a single because that's what the radio plays. This is definitely a song for the hard core fan that critiques every little riff, drum flare, bass rhythm, and vocal melody.

I also think that 3 would have disrupted the flow of the album. I'm glad that it's B- side and I'm impressed that they're selling this song as a way to help raise money for those boys to help them get out of prison. They don't deserve to die, whether by needle or just rotting in a cell, for killing those little boys. The confession didn't support the evidence.

Now, I'm going to stop before I go off on a tirade about the case. This isn't the venue for that.

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
Disturbed1forEternity wrote: When I first heard the song, I didn't expect what I heard lyrically. I was surprised that he told the story as though HE were Damien.

that's one of the things I adore about it

it makes it even more personal

the emotion of the song draws you in even deeper - at least in my case

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
PoisonIvy wrote:
Disturbed1forEternity wrote: When I first heard the song, I didn't expect what I heard lyrically. I was surprised that he told the story as though HE were Damien.

that's one of the things I adore about it

it makes it even more personal

the emotion of the song draws you in even deeper - at least in my case

Oh, same here. I just wasn't expecting it. That he did that caught me totally off guard. I adore that he wrote the song the way he did. I have nothing but praise for "3".

Disturbed 3

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com