Dawning of Today-FFDP NEW ALBUM!!! (this is from Wikipdedia subject to change)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FFDP new album UGLY AND HEAVIER?? on Fri 11 Feb 2011, 11:51

alexling88

Inside The Fire
Wrote some more music... ugly, heavy stuff... this 3rd record could come out much heavier than the previous one... we'll see... -Zoltan

expected to be out April or May

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
brand new from facebook "we are 7 songs in... just music - no vox yet... we'll finish it by May... will post some 'spoilers' then ;)"-from Zoltan of FFDP.

View user profile
I'm used to Disturbed's pace of work. 5FDP works kinda slow haha

View user profile
I didn't enjoy their first album, but loved their second one!

Hopefully this third one rocks

View user profile

Monster666

Stricken
this is a band that really knows how to make powerful songs.

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
i heard that the album will be out in the fall.

View user profile

8 New update!! The FFDP NEW ALBUM!!!!! on Thu 31 Mar 2011, 21:05

alexling88

Inside The Fire
Rt @KaneChurko: Day #39 w/ @FFDP & @KevinChurko in studio -Got some vocals down yesterday finally! It's coming together!

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
Zoltan Bathory has commmented on the album's sound as of March 23, 2011, saying that the new album is "unlike anything we've done before" and continuing by hinting at the band's movement away from their signature thrash sound and brutal vocals. "It's still going to be undeniably a Five Finger Death Punch record," says Bathory, "we were just anxious to escape ourselves and discover our talents more widely. A lot of the new stuff sounds very similar to songs like "The Bleeding" and "Far From Home"." According to the band, the album will be released in the last week of May or first week of June, 2011.

View user profile
So their new album is going to be a power ballad album....? I love 5fdp but wtf? Ivan has an incredible angry and emotional voice, so use it. Dont just do a power ballad. We fell in love with 5fdp because of the first album, and the first album is heavy as hell!

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
i really dont know what they are going to do but, they keep saying ugly and heavy then i hear this soo i dont know.

View user profile
Dont get me wrong, I love "the bleeding", "walk away", and "Far from home" and their other power ballads. But I just dont want an album with all power ballads ya know it would be a huge disappointment.

EDIT: I never understood why, but they seem to NEVER release any of their heavy and ugly songs as singles. They only drop the power ballads. So people who only listen to the radio and judge 5FDP by those songs might not get the right idea about the band. Are they scared their heavy songs will turn "fans" away?

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
well kind of they have to have power ballads to get them hooked then when they listen to the whole album they will know what they are about. Zoltan said heavy and ugly i belive him my last post was from Wiki then it got taken off so i think this record is going be huuuge they said they should be done by the first week of may.

View user profile
I'm hoping for the best of a good mix.

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
1. "Rise Again" 3:39
2. "Seeing Clearly" 3:58
3. "Not For You" 4:17
4. "Crawl Back Home" 3:26
5. "Life of the Scarred, Wicked, and Damned" 6:24
6. "Look What You've Done" 4:18
7. "Breathe for Me" 4:33
8. "Yesterdays" 5:05
9. "Strangely" 4:21
10. "All of a Sudden" 4:26
11. "Never the Same" 3:53
12. "Dawning of Today" 6:19

the upcoming third studio album by American heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch. It is to be released in the summer of 2011. The band has stated that this album will be a step forward from their previous two efforts, implying that their signature thrashing musical sound and brutal vocals will not exist as much on this record as much as on the previous two.

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
both Zoltan himself and the jeremy and the band have this is completely untrue so i do not know who to believe??

View user profile
It's prob like Disturbed's Believe record. It's deeper and powerful with a more mellow sound with hints of heavy metal erupting as the emotion rises.

May 1st: "Look What You've Done" is dropped as first official single from Dawning of Today.

View user profile

alexling88

Inside The Fire
i hope its more aggressive hard rock album!! did you hear about matt snell leaving ffpd?? i hope LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE is fucking amazing!!. Any thoughts or opinions from anybody on this matter??

View user profile

Monster666

Stricken
you know FFDP has to do whats good for them even if that means taking a different approach to how they make their music for this new album. we all know that the first two albums were just incredible and sure we would all like them to keep it really heavy and aggressive but hey if they want to make some softer stuff and thats whats in their souls for this album who are we to bitch and complain. im sure no matter what it will be good music period.

View user profile
I wonder if they are doing another instrumental.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Private forum on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum