David Draiman loses Voice. MAAW 5 Concerts Postponed - Page 2

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
^That makes sense! He needs to find some ways to boost his immune system naturally so that he's REALLY at 100%- both his voice and his body. No one wins when David's sick.

View user profile

Animal-of-The-Night

Loading The Weapon
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:^That makes sense! He needs to find some ways to boost his immune system naturally so that he's REALLY at 100%- both his voice and his body. No one wins when David's sick.
Yeah... Vitamin C for sure. I would recommend spinach, too, since it's great for the immune system. However, most people cringe at the thought of spinach. xDDD

But that's just me. I wouldn't actually say anything until I looked at the guy head-to-toe. But I do hope he gets better, cause Vikki's right: No one wins when David's sick.

I would also like to add one side note about spiniach: Naturally when you cook it till it's almost mush and eat it by itself, it tastes gross, and it also defeats the purpose of its benefits. It's better off as raw leaves and throwing them in salad actually tastes good. And when you put a handful in the blender with some fruit, spinach leaves actually take on the flavor of the other contents, so you don't even taste it.

View user profile

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
Haunted1 wrote:Why didn't they make a facebook or website post? You have to hear it from random fans and are left wondering if it's true! Hope he feels better soon. The Mayhem schedule looks hectic.

I was at the Alamodome when this notice was posted on all the doors:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's my reflection in the glass on the door. Had I not had other business in San Antonio, my whole trip there would have been a waste of time and money. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I am disappointed that Disturbed had to back out, but it's more important that David rest his voice. And strengthening his immune system and sessions with Melissa Cross will only improve that.

Get well soon, David [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your Humble Global Moderator,

Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
I asked Lena about David and she replied:

@BloodyPearl David Is Resting. There Are Rescheduled Dates For The Ones Missed. Disturbed Will Be Back On The Road Soon Xoxo

so like i thought, probably just a cold and he's taking a little break

View user profile

Yumiyuri

Immortalized
Thank God David's gonna be all right! He's indestructible, he can get through this!

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
So he is gonna be okay right!?

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
right :)

he'll be back in concert soon

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
I think he needs a long break! I could care less if they tour, i just want him to be okay in general, not lose his voice and make 20 more albums! There music keeps me going, take 6 months David! I can't live without this band!

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
I'll rephrase that, i do want them to tour, but i don't care if they take a year off and think of new material and stay busy cause we all know
Disturbed =D, Davids health and the health for them all for that matter is number 1 to me!

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
Can we have updates about David please!?

View user profile

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
Think of it this way... no news is good news.

Your Humble Global Moderator,

Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon

View user profile

_KJ_

A Welcome Burden
:'(

View user profile

Dawn_Cato

Global Moderator
David's going to be fine...he is at home and says he's "Layng Low"..

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
i'm guessing that means he's relaxing...that's good

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
So Dawn do you know disturbed personally? And does this mean he will be okay?!

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
lenayada on twitter:
Can't Wait To Get Back On The Road! Sevendust, Korn & Disturbed. But Until Then, Sleepy Time For Me Tonight. Night Tweeters! Xoxo

by the sound of that david's feeling better and the moment when the concerts continue is coming soon :D

View user profile

Monster666

Stricken
As much as i hate to admit it i can see a definite decline in Davids singing abilities. i mean how much shit can one throat take? hes had his nose broken and repaired multiple times i think as well as back during the Fists era he had a major voice breakdown from other shit. plus his singing style is hard enough to keep up for a whole rock show as is. look back when they were touring for the Sickness. he sounded so much better. of course i have more respect for this man than any other person in the music industry as well as a massive amount of respect of him as a person. if he has to take more time off from touring so be it. they tour so much it must be such a strain of his singing voice. i guess "the curse" is still holding true. fuck

View user profile

PoisonIvy

Haunted
I might be the only one thinking this, but on Indestructible and Asylum...his voice seems somewhat stronger...more masculine, to put it this way. I feel like it has a lot more force. And that is one of the reasons why I love those albums that much. Now, that might mean that he's putting even more strain on his voice, which leads to him getting sick faster.

I think somebody said at some point that the Indestructible tour had more concerts in a shorter period of time than Metallica's Death Magnetic tour. Which is ....wow. Metallica had a two year tour! Disturbed sang more in less time which I find amazing and quite shocking, that they were able to do that. Truly amazing.

I had the pleasure of seeing both Metallica and Aerosmith live last year and both Hetfield and Tyler still sound amazing. Of course, their voices have changed, it's inevitable over the years, but they haven't changed in a bad way. They still sound absolutely amazing.

I feel that David can have a career at least as long as those guys. He has the voice and the potential and like I said, to me, his voice is getting more interesting. But he needs to be careful and take care of his voice and take it easy with the singing.

And I agree, I also have unlimited respect for this man as a singer and a person.

View user profile

laurieann131313

The Animal
^^^^^well said :)^^^^

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
Couldn't agree more with Ivy!

View user profile

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
Amen, Ivy!

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
There coming back soon, anyone have any info on how he is doing, all of them but David mostly, Dawn?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum