Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Empty Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Sun 06 Feb 2011, 07:20

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
What's with the ignorant sons of bitches thinking Disturbed is Nu-Metal? If anybody bothered doing any sort of research whatsoever, they would find out that Disturbed doesn't really fit into any specific genre but that of their own. They best fit Hard Rock, they themselves have said this time and time again.
There's countless interviews in which the band clearly states that they have no idea why they have been labeled as Nu-Metal.

People who don't know their shit really piss me off when they say something wrong about Disturbed and then argue with me when I correct them. Some tiny dipshit on YouTube tried arguing with me but I shut him up with 2 large replies.

Seriously, does anybody else find this extremely annoying? I just wanna beat the shit out of these misinformed pieces of shit >_<

2Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Empty Re: Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Sun 06 Feb 2011, 09:15

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
yeah, i get very annoyed about that too

3Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Empty Re: Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Sun 06 Feb 2011, 10:58

DarkHeartX9

DarkHeartX9
Dehumanized
Actually, their first album can be called nu-metal. The rest fit into the hard rock area.

4Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Empty Re: Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Sun 06 Feb 2011, 15:06

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
I think they began as Nu-Metal because they were starting off in the Nu-Metal age. After Believe, they diverged from that category and, as everyone knows, it is now hard to indentify their genre today because they've become so different from any of the common sounds while staying true to who they are.

I read a summary of them somewhere where they called Disturbed "Alternative Metal", which I think I like more than Hard Rock since they really aren't Hard Rock, but they aren't Heavy Metal. And since they still compete with the Hard Rock/Metal bands; compared to the others, Disturbed's almost an alternative sound (and alternative meaning different)... so the phrase Alternative Metal kinda makes sense.

Nobody get mad at me for that suggestion, but I personally thought it makes sense. Anybody else have thoughts of that?

5Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Empty Re: Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:39

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Limp Bizkit is nu-metal...Disturbed isn't. For me, they're heavy metal AND hard rock. i dunno why, but it is for me.

6Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Empty Re: Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Sun 06 Feb 2011, 20:15

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
I get the alternative metal thing... But to me they've always just been Disturbed. Nothing else. I only say Hard Rock because David has said they best fit Hard Rock/Heavy Metal but I just personally identify them as "Disturbed", as if they created a whole league of their own.

Hard Rock is still a form of metal even though too many people think it's set aside from the rest of metal, which it isn't.

7Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Empty Re: Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Mon 07 Feb 2011, 07:12

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
actually, metal and hard rock have the same roots xD

Disturbed should create their own genre lol xD

8Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Empty Re: Disturbed is NOT Nu-Metal! Tue 08 Feb 2011, 07:30

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Well the Sickness is nu - Metal for sure but the rest of there albums are Hard Rock and that's what Disturbed is a Hard Rock Band.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com