Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

too_disturbed

too_disturbed
Believer
Is it too late to review my MAAW5 experience? lol

Here's a video of me and my friends sharing how we felt after the concert: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But anyone knows that MAAW5 was an amazing experience.
I had a few bumps in the road near the beginning of this whole experience, but it all panned out.

In The Moment played a nice, heavy set.
Sevendust brought a lot of energy to the show.
KoRn was amazing! I loved their performance! and great setlist!
and of course Disturbed finished the show epically! Great video, audio and performance.

My few complaints were:

The Merch. Some guy tried to sell me a fake shirt with all the bands and tour dates on there. I said no, because it's not supporting the artist, but damn, why can't bands do stuff like this?!

And Disturbed's setlist could've been slightly better. No Remember, no medley, no The Night, and not enough non-singles.

Overall though, amazing experience!!

4.5/5

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior
Can someone on here please post disturbed's song set list for Music as a Weapon 5 ?

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Okay folks... since the band is now in Australia doing the run there and in New Zealand, let's have some reviews from those shows! Any and all Aussies and Kiwis who attend the shows, let's see your reviews!

They've already played Perth... anyone on this forum go to that show? I hear it was killer!

Use the format in the first post, or just wing it....

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Anyone in Australia go to any of the shows they have played so far? Sydney is up next... Let's hear about it because David's said that Melbourne has been the best crowd of the record cycle so far... Anyone go to that show?

And MMEggman... looking forward to your reviews of the 2 shows you're going to.

boozehound

boozehound
Believer
I headed to the Melbourne show (Easter Sunday) and man it was O for AWESOME, packed house, everyone on there feet, fists in the air (lot of people with no voice after the show). David just sounded the best after all his vocal problems. Dan, Mike n John all sounded great, solos just epic n the stage production was great especially on TTF with the crowd involved

Only had one problem n that was the volume on Mike's cymbals, they just werent loud enough to hear properly but that could have been were i was in the stands, n the setlist feeling like it was short but i must of have too much fun

At the end David found someone in the crowd who had a Aussie flag with The Guy on it, he got it from the bloke n showed everyone else (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLs_m8S8E0) n theyd love to extend the tour if we had more cities

Set List

Remnants/Asylum
The Game
Prayer
Liberate
The Animal
The Infection
LOC
Warrior
Haunted
Another Way To Die
Inside The Fire
Stupify
TTF

--Encore--
Indestructible
Drum Solo
DWTS

Other bands that played were As I Lay Dying which i was not to fond of since the vocals clashed with the guitars, just sounded horrible. And Trivium which i found enjoyable, all sounding good for them n interacting with the crowd but unfortunate for them every one was there for Disturbed. I feel sorry for the other bands, after Trivium finished n waitin for Disturbed they had music playin of the PA when Drowning Pool - Bodies came on and a lot of people started singin it

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
boozehound wrote:Set List

Remnants/Asylum
The Game
Prayer
Liberate
The Animal
The Infection
LOC
Warrior
Haunted
Another Way To Die
Inside The Fire
Stupify
TTF

--Encore--
Indestructible
Drum Solo
DWTS

You either have an incredible memory, friends to help you remember, or you wrote the setlist down... I don't even have the presence of mind to do that! I'm having too much fun at a Disturbed show to write down the set list! LOL...

Thanks for the review!

Okay...now who went to the Sydney show? I'd like to compare and contrast the two in the next podcast, if possible.

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Setlist fm?

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
If it's not too late, I'd like to post my MAAWV experience. It was almost a month and a half ago now, but I still remember it vividly. And seeing as I'm new here, I couldn't have posted it before, sooo....

Don't even remember the name of the venue lol
Mankato, MN
3-22-2011

Alright, I'll start with the very first moment of my experience. I had study hall 7th hour of school that day, I can't remember the reason (I usually have it first hour), so I was jamming Disturbed and Korn all hour. Then, after school, me and some friends piled into a car and absolutely blasted some Korn and Disturbed (mostly Korn, admittedly). We drove 2 hours to Mankato, and then all put our iPods on with Korn and Disturbed on, depending on the person. We went and ate some shit at a restaurant, and there was this air of anticipation the entire time we were in Mankato. We kept seeing kids with Korn or Disturbed shirts, and when we sat down to eat, some people sat next to us, observing our own shirts (they were going to MAAW, also).

So we got done eating and walked in a group back to the car to put our jackets and iPods and valuables away (despite it being pretty fucking cold for t-shirts, it was worth it to us). Then we walked in the other direction to the venue, and waited at the end of a two-block line. All these merch people trying to sell us shirts and shit, but I didn't want to buy from them.

So after a half-hour of standing in line, we finally get in, and the merch stands hit us FIRST. So I stop, and I get a Korn shirt right away (tradition of mine). Then we head in to check out Stillwell, who sucked, needless to say. Anybody who's seen this band probably knows they are decent-but-boring live. It gets worse though. After their set, since I don't like In This Moment, I decided to go to their little signing booth thing. $20 for a fucking CD. From this NEW band who put on a decent-at-best show. I paid it, though, for the hell of it. Fast forward a bit, and here's the bad part. This band sounds even worse on CD than live. I mean, that's almost a given, but their music sounds like a lot of old '70s rocks, but on fucking practice amps. No distortion, all standard tuning, only one guitar track, and the singer literally doesn't know how to harmonize. The songs ran the together, and in a bad way.

Anyways, back to MAAWV. So, I bought the CD, and I tucked it in between my Korn and Disturbed shirts (since I had 2 shirts on) and then just tucked in the shirts. I probably looked like a motherfucker, but I didn't care much. So I caught the tail end of In This Moment, and I'll admit to hating it, fair and square.

Then Sevendust came on, and even though I didn't know them at all, I was all-energy for this band. I was shouting when he told me to, jumping up, just enjoying myself. Perfect prep for who I knew would be the next band...

DISTURBED. Man, this point is kind of a blur to me, because from this point on, I was a rabid fan for two straight bands, and NEVER left that place to get a drink or piss. Disturbed came on in usual Asylum fashion (which I admittedly think was kind of cheesy of David, but whatever - it was still cool). They kicked off with Asylum, and I found it impossible to NOT sing along. I wanted to save my energy for Korn, but I HAD to sing along to Disturbed. Well, not sing along. SHOUT along. And I did. Then Warrior came on. I had reviewed earlier shows' setlists, and I wasn't prepared for this track to be played, so you can imagine my excitement.

We'll suffice it to say that my voice and throat were completely blown by the end of Warrior, and fuck if I stopped singing along, though. Without a voice, I kept pushing the fuck through. I WOULD sing along to these songs. And I sang along to all of them. And I screamed patriotism at the American flag. And I got down with the sickness in a mini-mosh pit.

Disturbed put on a good performance, and my body, throat, and head hurt by the end. Yes, I had a pulsing headache.

But then Korn came on......

Let's be clear here. Korn is my #1 band. I mainly bought these tickets to see them, and Disturbed was definitely an added bonus (being my second favorite band, I would've gladly bought tickets for just them, though, too). Having it be a Disturbed AND Korn show, man... The weeks building up... Anticipation. Nothing like it.

Anyways, Korn being my favorite band, I was, with respect, just a LOT more excited for them than any other band. It's not that I wasn't SUPER FUCKING EXCITED for Disturbed, whose entire library of songs I know... It's just that Korn is even better, in MY opinion.

So imagine everything I described for Disturbed, but x2. By the end of the concert, my throat was gone (I could've sworn I tasted blood), my legs were weak and achy (I fell over on the walk back to the car, and more than stumbled a few times), my shoulder hurt (fist pumping FTW), and my headache practically paralyzed me. But I still hung around after the show. We met a few extra friends there and wanted to talk to them.

But fuck, on the way home, I puked my guts out. That show beat the shit out of me, and Disturbed got the fair first punch. I would gladly do it again.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I've yet to leave a Disturbed concert with my voice still intact LOL, so I know what you mean!

Thanks for the review. Never too late to post them here!

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
That's good to know! Because I will be going to many more. This was my first DISTURBED concert (but somewhere around my tenth otherwise), but now that my proverbial "Disturbed show cherry" is "popped" (to put it as David would... er... as he did to someone on Twitter lol) by this concerts, I'll definitely attend more. And I will definitely come right here, NIGHT OF.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com