Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't really know what to make of In This Moment guitarists recent statements on being added to the 'Music As A Weapon' tour. Chris Howorth stated upon hearing the news "that we were a part of the 'Music As A Weapon' tour, we were overwhelmed with emotion; Maria [Brink, vocals] and I were literally moved to tears. Our band has been constantly clawing our way up the ladder in this business and it's very hard to get on a big tour like this. Getting this news is like getting the best Christmas present we could hope for. We are truly blessed and extremely excited for this huge opportunity! We have been fans of DISTURBED since their first record and have always wanted to tour with them. We adore KORN (our Mayhem festival buddies) and SEVENDUST are some of the coolest guys we've met during our travels! This is going to be an amazing kick-off to our 2011 tour cycle! Eternal thanks to Monster and DISTURBED for allowing us to be a part of such an epic event."

I like Sevendust, Korn and Disturbed just as much as the next guy...which is not at all, but crying because your band landed a tour? I am not sure what is worse, crying or talking about it in the press. I might cry if Maria Brink flashed me though.

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
I know this band, not my favorite but still a great talent. They are a small band without much of a loyal fanbase. I can completely understand why such emotion was pulled from them when they got the chance to tour with bands like Disturbed and Korn. I hope In This Moment uses this tour to achieve a true fanbase. If I had a small signed band and had the chance to tour with Disturbed, Korn, and sevendust, shit I would cry too. Aint nothing wrong with emotion. They have been trying to make it in the music industry for some time, and this tour is their moment to shine.

Last edited by ShockAndAwe on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 22:58; edited 1 time in total

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
Whoever wrote the article is a dick...

"I like Sevendust, Korn and Disturbed just as much as the next guy...which is not at all"

Needs a good hard kick in the face.

That being said, I would do more than cry if I had the opportunity to tour with Disturbed.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
CrowX wrote:I like Sevendust, Korn and Disturbed just as much as the next guy...which is not at all, but crying because your band landed a tour? I am not sure what is worse, crying or talking about it in the press. I might cry if Maria Brink flashed me though.

Okay, that was uncalled for. It's obvious this person is not a journalist, as journalists are supposed to remain neutral.*

As far as the guitarist being moved to tears about being on MAAW5... they all recognized that this is their big break, to tour with Disturbed, Korn and Sevendust. That would be like me being told by Stephen King or John Grisham that my writing doesn't suck.

Let's get behind this band and give them all the love and respect they deserve!

*Meaning, the person who wrote the article, NOT CrowX... he was just quoting what the story said.

Last edited by GuiltyPleasures on Thu 09 Dec 2010, 04:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
this is as bad as the one who wrote the kerrang article -.-

whoever wrote his should be boiled in oil. Then we'll see who's crying >.<

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
leaving aside the comments of the person who wrote the article, I think what the guitarist said is really sweet.

I know this band, I've known them for about a year, and their first album is really good. They've recently released their third, but they're still not that known in the industry.

This Disturbed tour is the biggest opportunity they've had so far. I am happy for them, and also proud of Disturbed for giving them this chance.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com