Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Similar to the UPROAR thread I made, those of you going to shows on the Taste of Chaos tour can (if you so choose) to review your experiences.

The same format applies--
Name of Venue:
Date:
Review:

So, those of us who are not lucky enough to live in Europe, or can't travel to any of the venues, can have some idea what your experience is like at the various shows.

I was quite pleased with the response to the UPROAR thread, and I hope that this thread will get similar response.

Let the rest of us live vicariously through you and share your experiences with you.

Thanks for the consideration-- your humble Global Moderator, guiltypleasures

ThePlague

ThePlague
Eye of the Storm
I will review my experience once i get to see them in 16days :3

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Taste of Chaos has been on for a week now, so let's hear what you thought of the show you went to!

I'm curious to see if it's anything like the UPROAR shows from earlier this year that toured in the US and parts of Canada.

And are European audiences really more intense and into the experience than those here in North America?

MRST

MRST
Disturbed One
Okay, let's go ....

Name of Venue: Phillipshalle in Düsseldorf (Germany)
Date: 01.12.2010
Review:

Okay, how I beginn? :D First, my english is not the very best, but I try. ^^

We (my brother, two friends of mine and I) arrived the "Phillipshalle" at 4 pm (2 hours before you can enter the hall). First we go to toilete in a bar and go back to the location. Some people were already here (50-75 people). The chance to get in the first-fifth row was very good. After 1 1/2 hours f'n freezing our asses, they open the doors. *hell yeah* We ran into the hall and ... yeah, we stand in the middle-right part from the stage: third or fourth row. THAT WAS AWESOME! ;)
We talk a little bit of the bands and saw the "wallpaper" (I don't know the right word for that xD) of Halestorm. Okay, Halestorm made the beginnin. That rocks! After circa 45 minutes of waiting we saw the drummer of Halestorm Arejay, who was a very funny guy. He throwed some “Plektren” (this plastic things for the guitar ^^) like ninja stars in the crowd. Lzzy tried to throw one “Plektrum” like him, but she failed and only entered stage. :D Some people of the crowed, Lzzy and Arejay were laughing. Very nice for the beginn.

And now .... let the show begiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin:

1. Band: Halestorm

The lights go out and the show beginn with “It’s not you”. Very good opener. I was so f#n excited to see Lzzy live in action. It was a wonder that I don’t pee my pants! :D :D She looks “f#n six smok’n hot”. Very incredible. The crowd was very good in action, we all made party! That rocks. The most of them were headbanig there heads, some of them show the devil horns .... standard things.
But there were just some people (like me) who know the lyrics. And I was sooo screaming/shout that hard, that I have attracted the attention of Lzzy (!) That was so awesome to me. She often smlied in dircetion to me and gave a “kiss hand”. And when I show one time the devil horn and in the same time she do the same thing, I know that she dirceted this to me. I fallen in love to her …. But maybe she would say “~~ But it’s not you~~” :D ;) Than I would say “~~ I get off on you ~~” :D ^^

After I have to say so much about Lzzy ( ;) ), I want to talk a little bit about the performance of the band. As the opening band there were very good. They fired the crowd up for the coming bands. Very good, really. We jumped up to the sky and pumped up our fists into the clouds. ^^ In the near future, when a Halestorm concert is near to me, I will go to them. One Highlight was definitely the drum solo. Arejay played with the crowd, for example made a photo of us and said “Danke schön” (German words for : “Thank you”). German people really like it, when Americans learn German words for concerts, even if it’s just a easy word or a whole sentence. That’s really cool. The crowd freaked out, when he was playing the beginnin part of Down with the Sickness. And the comedy highlight were this XXL drumsticks! :D That was really great.

My song highlights were “It’s not you”, “I get off”, “Familiar taste of posion” (wow, that’s a really slowly but very rock’n song) “What were you expecting?” and “Dirty work”. There was no song, which was bad. I rocked them all! ;) :D

2. Band: Buckcherry

How I beginn? Let me explain: There were good, but that was not the kind of music I prefere. The rocked some good songs, but after the very good performance of Halestorm they have problem to get the same level of activity crowd like Halestorm. Just other words for: The crowd was in my opinion for a long time “dead”. Was this just to save energy for the two other bands after them? I don’t know. We jumped sometimes up and down, shown the devil horns. In my opinion I prefere more songs of Halestorm, Papa Roach and Disturbed, than the performace of Buckcherry. Sounds hard, but I don’t like it very much.

My song highlights were (--, nothing ... I don’t know lyrics or something)

3. Papa Roach

OOOOOOOOOOH, Hell yeah! ThE cRoWeD wAs FREEEEAKING OUT! Wow, great ... great .... GREAT! I can’t discribe it. All songs were great. Many, many Mosh pits were on the start, the people jumped high and higher and the voices sounds more agressiv. Sweeaat! :D In my first Mosh pit of my lifetime, I will always remember the action in the first mosh pit of the evening .... ~~ Papa Roach – The Enemy ~~ ... what a huge mosh pit, and I was in the middle of it! *yeah* My backs hurts, thats sweat. One guy have his glasses broken.
This ... is ... MOSH-PIT! :D
“~~To be loved~~”, incredible good. The beginn with “Hey, how, let’s go” was good. And as wrestling fan I have known the song from WWE Raw (old theme song) and know the whole lycris! I was shouting soooo loud. *WAAAAAAH HO-H HO-H* :D Another Highlights: Getting away with murder (I love this song for a long while), Hollywood and Burn! And then the best for last …. “CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES ….” “THIS IS MY LAST RESORT” Awesome, awesome … one word: awesome!

My song highlights were The Enemy (my first Mosh Pit action ^^), Burn, Hollywood, Last Resort, Getting away with murder, Scars, To be loved

Then after Papa Roach huge performance, the black curtain was down. Uh, Uh … yeaah! The Final is comin!

4. Disturbed

LIGHTS OUT …. SCREAMING ……………….. The huge LCD TV with “Remnants”! Goosepimples!!! :D The Storyline on the TV was great. I love this new invention of Disturbed perfomance! Every song (like Liberate with this computer aminations, Another way to die with the global warming things/disasters, 10,000 Fists with the camera-action and the 10,000 Fists in the air, The Animal with a wulf, Remnants/Asylum with the similar seqenzes from the music video, The Game with the door action, and and and many many many more) was so bad ass. Cool like cinema! :P Very good work
DAN, MIKE AND JOHN ENTERED THE ARENA OF CHAOS …. The crowed freaked out! Remnants is so a classic opener, great! ………………….. BAAAAAM! Asylum is comin! “REEEELEASE ME”. Every lyric of all songs I was singing with my hardest voices I could make! I shouted/growled … Today I’m completely croaky!
The Game is my alltime favorite songs and I jumped so high I could. And sing every sentence so angry I could make! :D Very cool to her this song one more time live. My bro, friends and I were made so hard paaaaardy with the other people. So many mosh pits. And my second mosh pit was in “ANOTHER WAY TO DIE” …. And hell yeah, it was really another way to die! I crashed the other guys and the moshed against me, that I saw the angles sing! :D :D This mosh pit was even bigger than the one from “The Enemy” (Papa Roach). It is very difficult to describe the whole performane with words. It was unbelievable good. Another Highlight was hearing the current single of the new album live ….. THE ANIMAL (!) … wow, so freaking gorgeous! Very good performance. Very cool was this “camera-action” by “Ten Thousand Fists” when they filmed the crowed.
When Indestructible (2nd last song) was over and they show the national flag of Germany, we all shouted “ZUGABE – ZUGABE – ZUGABE” (german for “ENCORE – ENCORE – ENCORE”) and then Düsseldorf was infected with the sickness! Down with the Sickness we gave all power we have, 110% of energy of our bodies. Mosh Pits and devil horns! Unbelievable. What a great evening, what a great encore to ending this night? At the end it was clear that we all are “DISTURBED” and they show was over! WOOOOOOOOW!

My song highligts were Asylum, The Animal, The Game, Stupify, Land of Confusion, 10,000 Fists, Indestrucitble, Down with the Sickness, Another Way to Die, Stricken

That was all. Thank you! :D

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Wow! Great review! I really got the energy from the performances from your review! Sounds like you guys had a great time in the pit. That's the best place to be at a Disturbed show for sure! You and 500 people you don't know revelling in your love of Disturbed.

Halestorm was part of the UPROAR tour here in the States, and Arejay brought out the XXL drumsticks then, too. And Lzzy just blew me away!

Haven't seen Papa Roach or Buckcherry in concert, so I can't speak to what their show is usually like.

Thanks for your review!

LittleWildman

Stupified
I'll keep mine short and sweet as I can (probably won't be that short) because I only got back like an hour ago and I am tired as hell. Mine was at Manchester Central in Manchester, England (2nd to last night of the tour). The venue is all standing so me and my friend got as close to the front as possible at that time without having to push people out of the way, and trust us to get in the place where the very first mosh pit of the night broke out xD This was the first concert I have ever been to by the way, and I will definitely remember it.

Halestorm were fucking awesome, never listened to them much before, only know the chorus to like two songs, but they did get the crowd going. The drummer has unbelieveable stage presence, especially when he played the first song in the big top hat with the skull bandana over his face and stuff, very cool.

Then Buckcherry came on, not too much of a fan of these so I kind of saved my energy while these were on, luckily they didn't play as many songs as the rest of the bands, but they definitely put a good show on. A mosh pit broke out right next to me while these were on and I lost my shoes, but ended up getting them back later lmao.

Then Papa Roach came on, this is where I started to get a little fired up again, I don't know a massive amount of Papa Roach songs (can probably guess by now that Disturbed were all I came for), but they were so good tonight, they really got me in the mood to rock out, but I was still saving some energy even though I was pretty tired by this point. A particular favourite part of mine was when he slated Justin Bieber, couldn't of agreed more with him, and the crowd's reaction didn't tell otherwise believe me, funny as hell. The lead singer was really enthusiastic about getting the mosh pits going too which was cool as hell.

Then me and my friend managed to push forward a bit until we were around 3 rows of people back from the front, closest to the left hand platform on the stage, which was a great spot. After about a 20 minute wait, the black curtain dropped and everyone was screaming and shouting because they knew who was coming on next, I seriously think I blew my vocal cords before I even started singing I was screaming so much when David ran on the stage, absolutely fucking unreal moment in my life and I'll never forget it. I strained my voice through absolutely every single song and my arms were killing but I did not care one bit, it was such a rush. And Dan and John both looked me in the eye and put their devil horns up to me, oh my God that was unbelieveable! Then the encore song was the obvious Down With The Sickness. I think everyone in the crowd was absolutely shattered by now but didn't mind straining to finish off the show properly, I know I sure did, not a chance was I going to cool down whilst Down With The Sickness was on. Then afterwards, John threw his pick into the crowd along with a few others and I fucking got it! I was so happy I got that close to the front, I'll never forget that. Best night of my life without a doubt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by LittleWildman on Mon 13 Dec 2010, 18:16; edited 1 time in total

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
When I went to Uproar, I was so wound up that I couldn't fall asleep for about three hours...and the show had ended just about midnight! I was tired, sore, had no voice to speak of... so I know how you were feeling afterwards.

This was your first concert...ever? What a great show to start out on! I'm glad you had a great time!

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i remember the natural high I get during and after concerts too, so i totally know what you mean

very happy for you!

LittleWildman

Stupified
Yeah it was amazing seriously. One little thing that bugged me though was that Mike and the drummers from Papa Roach and Buckcherry joined in Arejay Hale's drum solo in Birmingham the night after which kinda sucked because I could hardly see Mike because of the platform being in the way at the Manchester gig, would've been cool if they did this when I was there, but I'm hardly complaining.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com