Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1backing vocals? Empty backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 11:20

MRST

MRST
Disturbed One
MOINSEN, dudes !!!
I have a quick question:

They often told us that on Asylum Mike, John and Dan will be a part of songs with backing vocals.

I try .... I try ... and I try .... but I can't find a song on the CD, where I can hear backing vocals of them.

Have you find a song with backing vocals (except from David)?

Greetz Micha

2backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 12:49

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
They usually have John Moyer doing backups live, but I also didnt hear anything but different layer's of David's vocals recorded over each other.

3backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 12:55

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
You know I think it's possible that Leave It Alone may be the best guess, because whenever I hear it, the backing vocals don't really sound like David in the verses. Something in my head keeps telling me that it's either Dan or John than I hear a little bit in the verses.

But that's my opinion and I could just be insane. ...Whether or not I'm Perfectly Insane... now that's up for debate. xD

4backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 16:00

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
It's supposed to be gang vocals, and I can hear it in Asylum with "Relive a lie" etc... Also John Moyer screams "Your mine!" in The Animal. Couldnt pick much else out. I went to uproar and they all had earpiece mics on so they do sing backups live.

5backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 19:48

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i totally hear David's voice in "your mine!" :-o

6backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 20:21

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
^ Yeah me too :/

7backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 20:46

disturbedjester69

disturbedjester69
Stupified
yeah most diff thats Davids voice when he says 'your mine' thats my favorite song iv listened to it about 379 time lol and i still only hear David.

8backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 21:24

disturbedfan431

disturbedfan431
Believer
Yea same here as many times as i've listened to all these new songs
i don't hear anyone but David.

9backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 22:01

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
Its one of those things where its possible, however very unlikely to be seen or heard in any situation other than that of Live. In fact, the backing vocals are so different live that I have my doubts as to if they were ever done on the album itself.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

10backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 23 Sep 2010, 22:26

Conker

Conker
The Animal
Simple, David does all the studio vocals. Live, John and Dan do some.

It's just David layered more than once to get the gang vocals.

11backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Fri 24 Sep 2010, 01:29

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Leave it Alone is the only song that I think I hear gang vocals on.

12backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Sat 25 Sep 2010, 12:58

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
yeah i think it's just Leave It Alone. I can't hear any of Dan, Mike, or John in the whole Asylum album.

13backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Sat 25 Sep 2010, 17:06

Remiel

Stricken
Yeah, this falls under disappointment from over-hyped nonsense. I was really looking forward to this album because I heard there was going to be more John Moyer singing, and there was going to be violin tracks. But alas, there are only brief appearances of violin, and I can only try to convince myself I hear anyone other than David singing. Don't get me wrong, I still think most of the album is epic (excluding AWTD) but there's just so much more they could have done.

Now I shall rant. This portion of my post is irrelevant. Honestly, I think AWTD should have never been written. I never thought someone as smart as David Draiman would be into this global warming nonsense. The glaciers are not melting because of us. They're coming back now, almost like it's... I don't know, a CYCLE or something? You know, a cycle, like, the natural order of things? This crap about global warming just happened to be one of the more touching turds that people eagerly fed on instead of tossing aside like they should have. Cows create more harmful emissions than humans possibly can, even if we tried. Mass paranoia is probably the most common form of stupidity around these days. Now I shall stop myself before I slip into a rant about general stupidity. You're welcome.

14backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Sat 25 Sep 2010, 22:34

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
PoisonIvy wrote:i totally hear David's voice in "your mine!" :-o

Yeah, that is David's voice. Not even sure how one could think that's John at all...

15backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Sat 25 Sep 2010, 22:38

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
Remiel wrote:Yeah, this falls under disappointment from over-hyped nonsense. I was really looking forward to this album because I heard there was going to be more John Moyer singing, and there was going to be violin tracks. But alas, there are only brief appearances of violin, and I can only try to convince myself I hear anyone other than David singing. Don't get me wrong, I still think most of the album is epic (excluding AWTD) but there's just so much more they could have done.

Now I shall rant. This portion of my post is irrelevant. Honestly, I think AWTD should have never been written. I never thought someone as smart as David Draiman would be into this global warming nonsense. The glaciers are not melting because of us. They're coming back now, almost like it's... I don't know, a CYCLE or something? You know, a cycle, like, the natural order of things? This crap about global warming just happened to be one of the more touching turds that people eagerly fed on instead of tossing aside like they should have. Cows create more harmful emissions than humans possibly can, even if we tried. Mass paranoia is probably the most common form of stupidity around these days. Now I shall stop myself before I slip into a rant about general stupidity. You're welcome.

Well I have to sort of disagree. The song is about more than the "typical" view of global warming. It's also about what humans have done to the planet, not just the ozone and stuff like that. Yeah, humans contributions to global warming as the media makes it out to be I think is wrong. But the song is about so much more than that. You can't deny that humans have hurt this planet, "global warming" aside.

16backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 07 Oct 2010, 00:24

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
jpmatrixfan88 wrote:
Remiel wrote:Yeah, this falls under disappointment from over-hyped nonsense. I was really looking forward to this album because I heard there was going to be more John Moyer singing, and there was going to be violin tracks. But alas, there are only brief appearances of violin, and I can only try to convince myself I hear anyone other than David singing. Don't get me wrong, I still think most of the album is epic (excluding AWTD) but there's just so much more they could have done.

Well I have to sort of disagree. The song is about more than the "typical" view of global warming. It's also about what humans have done to the planet, not just the ozone and stuff like that. Yeah, humans contributions to global warming as the media makes it out to be I think is wrong. But the song is about so much more than that. You can't deny that humans have hurt this planet, "global warming" aside.
Remiel i would "like" your post if i could. i agree with everything. Id like more gang vocals. AWTD is the only saw i dont like on the album. Its unfortunate too, it doesnt even fit with everythng else.
and to the person who quoted you: i see what your saying but lines glaciers melt as we pollute the sky, a sign of devastation coming" is nonsense...

17backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 07 Oct 2010, 04:53

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
I shake my head at people who have a problem with AWTD... It's an amazing song and the message is extremely relevant.. Each to their own though, I just don't respect people who are so quick to jump on the "Let's not like AWTD" bandwagon.

Anyway, getting back on topic... I believe the "gang vocals" are extremely subtle and can be found on Asylum, AWTD, Crucified, The Infection, Serpentine, Sacrifice and they're definately on Innocence.
Listen to the album with headphones and listen closely.

John has done backing vocals before... So has Dan for that matter. Just because they're hard to point out doesn't mean they're not there.

18backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 07 Oct 2010, 07:19

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Either I'm deaf or they're really hard to hear...

19backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 07 Oct 2010, 21:10

DarkHeartX9

DarkHeartX9
Dehumanized
Yumiyuri wrote:Either I'm deaf or they're really hard to hear...

It's probably that the gang vocals aren't there...shame, that. I was looking forward to listening to Dan or Mike doing vocals...

20backing vocals? Empty backing vocals Fri 22 Oct 2010, 17:07

disturbingtool

disturbingtool
the backing vocals are there its juts hard to distinguish them because they all try to sing in the same pitch as david. there are pictures of them singing into the mics and if you listen to never again you can here them all singing NEVER AGAIN. i think in the infection i hear a voice that isnt davids and in the warrior. and in the animal that is definitely john moyer saying YOUR MINE. and in the sacrifice if you listen really closely into high def head phones you can hear in the last chorus i hear after david says broken free tonight a seperate voice says brroookkeen and its definitely not davids. through many of the songs im pretty sure MOST of the gang vocals are davids but some parts and some songs have the whole band singing

21backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Fri 22 Oct 2010, 17:34

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
disturbingtool wrote:and in the animal that is definitely john moyer saying YOUR MINE.

Um... no... that's David on the album. But John says that line live since I think it's hard for David to sing that line live and flow right into the chorus.

22backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Fri 22 Oct 2010, 17:35

disturbingtool

disturbingtool
Animal-of-The-Night wrote:
disturbingtool wrote:and in the animal that is definitely john moyer saying YOUR MINE.

Um... no... that's David on the album. But John says that line live since I think it's hard for David to sing that line live and flow right into the chorus.

well either way they all do backing vocals

23backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Thu 04 Nov 2010, 21:57

disturbingtool

disturbingtool
also was just listening to crucified and on the last few chorus's after the break down you can hear many voices sing along with davids. just gotta listen people :)

24backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Fri 05 Nov 2010, 04:22

boozehound

boozehound
Believer
In AWTD there is gang vocals in the chorus but due to the mixin, davids voice overpowers the others.

I do have proof of the gang vocals for that song, i tried postin up but due to copyright crap it was takin down, if you have the song on Rock Band 1 just turn the vocal track right down n ya should be able to hear it

Asylum n The Animal dont have gang vocals at all

25backing vocals? Empty Re: backing vocals? Fri 05 Nov 2010, 07:06

disturbingtool

disturbingtool
boozehound wrote:In AWTD there is gang vocals in the chorus but due to the mixin, davids voice overpowers the others.

I do have proof of the gang vocals for that song, i tried postin up but due to copyright crap it was takin down, if you have the song on Rock Band 1 just turn the vocal track right down n ya should be able to hear it

Asylum n The Animal dont have gang vocals at all

that is a genuis way to do it. never thought about it, but did you try listening to never again, crucified and a few others? there are gang vocals there :)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com