Disturbed interview – band talk about Asylum, boycotting BP, the end of the world and their hunger to make music

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We pretty much just live music… it’s not a hobby, it’s not even a job… it’s a lifestyle; we live it, we breathe it, we eat it, we sleep it.” – Mike Wengren, Disturbed

Earlier this week Disturbed released their fifth studio album Asylum. I caught up with the American metal band while they were in Toronto last week to play a headlining slot at Uproar Festival. Backstage at Uproar, I spoke with drummer Dan Donegan and guitarist Mike Wengren about the new album.

Mike and Dan spoke openly about some of the heavier themes of Asylum. I asked them if they ‘practice what they preach’ when they sing songs about global warming and mass consumption (“Another Way To Die”), and I also asked why they chose to make a song about the holocaust (“Never Again”). The band talked in-depth about their life as a band of over 10 years, with Mike and Dan expressing their ever-burning hunger and passion for creating and playing music. I later quizzed the band more about the apoca…apocalyp…apocaylpti…end-of-world subject again, and whether they buy into the 2012 theories.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com