It's not a freakin' contest... it's an opinion!


You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GuiltyPleasures


Global Moderator
I know we are all entitled to our opinions about bands, shows, albums, etc., but for the love of all things holy, let's not turn it in to a contest!

I issued a challenge to Avenged fans to stay for Disturbed's set at Uproar in a comment I made on a video, and I got a lot of "Dsiturbed isn't good live" and "Shut the fuck up!"

My reason for issuing the challenge stemed from my experience that if you see a band live, even a band you're not a big fan of, then you would be after you saw them perform. Avenged fans on YouTube just about had a meltdown because I prefer Disturbed over A7X.

Last I checked, I had a right to my opinion. Personally, I think A7X is a good band, and I like a lot of their stuff, and I will watch their set (because leaving really isn't an option if you're in the pit, is it?) at Uproar. Am I as big a fan of them as I am of Disturbed? I'd have to be honest and say no.

To me, it's a no brainer that it's not a contest to see whose fans are better. A7X and Disturbed all get along and if they can be sympatico, then why can't their fans?

I'm too old to put up with some people's petty bullshit. If someone likes A7X better than Disturbed, that's okay by me. I'm not going to call anyone an asshole or tell them to "shut the fuck up" when they disagree with me. We're all in this together, whether we are Disturbed Ones or fans of Avenged Sevenfold (whatever they call themselves).

The goal is to ENJOY Uproar, not get into stupid fights about which band is better. I'm going to the show in Tulsa next month with that mindset. Music is supposed to unite us, not tear us apart.

That's my two cents. It is what it is.



Your Humble Global Moderator,
 
 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 
Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon
 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

Ravensclaw


Administrator
damn straight



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Ravensclaw
Administrator
The Pioneer All Things Disturbed Joke!
View user profile

Bowers


Immortalized
why do they leave?

they paid the money...why not enjoy the show

View user profile

Bound2Fate


Moderator
Bowers wrote:why do they leave?

they paid the money...why not enjoy the show

Exactly. I rather stay for the whole thing and make the best out of the money you spent. Last week I went to go see Porcupine Tree, but Coheed and Cambria was headlining. I was up front for PT, but for Coheed I went to the back of the pit area and stayed for the rest.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

Dawn_Cato


Global Moderator
What a bunch of rude little twerps.....sometimes talking about which band is best is like talking about politics or religion. I mean the discussion gets so heated at one point that it's totally out of control...that's why I don't ever jump into that.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

Yumiyuri


Immortalized
Assholes. If you don't like the band, then just respect them and keep your own nasty opinions to yourself.

View user profile

Morbid Spawn


One of The Ten Thousand
GuiltyPleasures wrote:I know we are all entitled to our opinions about bands, shows, albums, etc., but for the love of all things holy, let's not turn it in to a contest!

I issued a challenge to Avenged fans to stay for Disturbed's set at Uproar in a comment I made on a video, and I got a lot of "Dsiturbed isn't good live" and "Shut the fuck up!"

My reason for issuing the challenge stemed from my experience that if you see a band live, even a band you're not a big fan of, then you would be after you saw them perform. Avenged fans on YouTube just about had a meltdown because I prefer Disturbed over A7X.

Last I checked, I had a right to my opinion. Personally, I think A7X is a good band, and I like a lot of their stuff, and I will watch their set (because leaving really isn't an option if you're in the pit, is it?) at Uproar. Am I as big a fan of them as I am of Disturbed? I'd have to be honest and say no.

To me, it's a no brainer that it's not a contest to see whose fans are better. A7X and Disturbed all get along and if they can be sympatico, then why can't their fans?

I'm too old to put up with some people's petty bullshit. If someone likes A7X better than Disturbed, that's okay by me. I'm not going to call anyone an asshole or tell them to "shut the fuck up" when they disagree with me. We're all in this together, whether we are Disturbed Ones or fans of Avenged Sevenfold (whatever they call themselves).

The goal is to ENJOY Uproar, not get into stupid fights about which band is better. I'm going to the show in Tulsa next month with that mindset. Music is supposed to unite us, not tear us apart.

That's my two cents. It is what it is.


Go Guilty!

But in the end, theres a lot of stupid people out there, and theres a cure for stupid its just not legal... so my brothers and sister, all we can do is watch them curse and put down Disturbed and not react, because by not showing a reaction we show them and the world that we are better than them by not acting like little immature retards.

That's just my opinion tho...XD Asylum Guy

View user profile

4everDisturbed


Inside The Fire
Fighting on youtube is pointless any way you look at it. Just to let you know GP, some people is this crazy world are real stubborn so your contest wouldnt affect them. Personnally i love A7X. They have really great fans, its unfortunate you had a disagreement with rude ones. Their new album is amazing. In my opinion, if they wanna leave after their favorite band plays... more power to them. They're wasting money, but it isn't my problem.

View user profile

GuiltyPleasures


Global Moderator
You're right... they're wasting money (mom and dad's money more than likely) AND missing out on the whole experience that music, anyone's music, affords. I go to concerts to have the whole experience that being at a live event has.

I went to Mayhem last weekend here in Oklahoma City, and only stayed long enough to see Rob Zombie perform. The only thing that kept me from enjoying the entire day of music was the fact that it was 105 degrees outside. It was still 90 when Rob Zombie hit the stage, and this was after dark! Still I felt I got my money's worth (and it was my money, too LOL)

I have no doubt that I will like A7X's set, but it's Disturbed that I'm driving 2 hours from home to see. It's the experience I want, not which band is better.

I was a bit pissed off when I posted my original post. Thanks to all of you who responded. It's nice to know I can bring a subject like this here to the forum and get good responses.

Y'all rock! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



Your Humble Global Moderator,
 
 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 
Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon
 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

Asylum Unleashed


Loading The Weapon
Has Ax7 ever debuted at number 1 or even landed at 1 ever? If not, then throw that back in their faces, i listen to ax7, but not totally crazy over them....they only supposedly sound "harder" because they got 3 guitarists compared to disturbeds 2, and dumbasses cant comprehend the thrashing style of synysters and the melodic pounding style of dans...

To me, anyone can shred on a guitar, but only a few can make the angels cry happy tears and handle a stringed axe like a harp.......get my drift? Lol

View user profile

GuiltyPleasures


Global Moderator
Asylum Unleashed wrote:
To me, anyone can shred on a guitar, but only a few can make the angels cry happy tears and handle a stringed axe like a harp.......get my drift? Lol

I'll put Dan Donegan up against any guitarist in any band that's come along in the last decade. I have no doubt in my mind that Danny could outplay (not outshred) any of them. Period.

I was doing street team stuff last weekend at Mayhem here in OKC, and a lot of people commented on how much Danny's playing has improved with each album. A lot of them didn't realize that Danny's completely self-taught, so his style is truly unique... and what he does for Disturbed's sound overall can't be matched by anyone, IMHO.



Your Humble Global Moderator,
 
 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 
Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon
 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25


Loading The Weapon
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
Asylum Unleashed wrote:
To me, anyone can shred on a guitar, but only a few can make the angels cry happy tears and handle a stringed axe like a harp.......get my drift? Lol

I'll put Dan Donegan up against any guitarist in any band that's come along in the last decade. I have no doubt in my mind that Danny could outplay (not outshred) any of them. Period.


I was doing street team stuff last weekend at Mayhem here in OKC, and a lot of people commented on how much Danny's playing has improved with each album. A lot of them didn't realize that Danny's completely self-taught, so his style is truly unique... and what he does for Disturbed's sound overall can't be matched by anyone, IMHO.
Your damn right!!! And he could out shred them, listen to Vandal, best guitar player ever!

View user profile

4everDisturbed


Inside The Fire
Disturbed1ForLife25 wrote:
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
Asylum Unleashed wrote:
To me, anyone can shred on a guitar, but only a few can make the angels cry happy tears and handle a stringed axe like a harp.......get my drift? Lol

I'll put Dan Donegan up against any guitarist in any band that's come along in the last decade. I have no doubt in my mind that Danny could outplay (not outshred) any of them. Period.
Your damn right!!! And he could out shred them, listen to Vandal, best guitar player ever!
He can't outshred Synyster Gates. That guy plays so fuckin crazy. But Dan does some things with his axe that none other can do. It is so true that he can outplay anyone. I love the one interview where he was talking about being self-taught. He has no boundaries. His creations are endless.

View user profile

4everDisturbed


Inside The Fire
Asylum Unleashed wrote:Has Ax7 ever debuted at number 1 or even landed at 1 ever? If not, then throw that back in their faces, i listen to ax7, but not totally crazy over them....they only supposedly sound "harder" because they got 3 guitarists compared to disturbeds 2, and dumbasses cant comprehend the thrashing style of synysters and the melodic pounding style of dans...
It'd just be a sad thing to do as a fan. Throwing it in their face that they haven't landed a number 1??? Its about the music. Metal isn't meant to be mainstream. Besides they deserve their albums to be number 1's. They got their first #1 two weeks ago with their new kickass album Nightmare

View user profile
Good for you GuiltyPleasures, I completely agree. I had a similar experience at the first Mayhem Fest, there were people who left after Disturbed and only showed for Slipknot. Why totally dismiss a band or dis its fans because it's not your favorite? We're all metal fans, we're all here to have a good time not to start a war. And hey, if I could sit through Dragonforce, certainly you can give them both a try. For me it didn't matter, I like both Disturbed and Slipknot and I like Avenged Sevenfold as well. Are they my favorite? Not particularly, but I'm not gonna start a fight with someone who is. Save the violence and anger for the pit, not each other.

View user profile

Asylum Unleashed


Loading The Weapon
4everDisturbed wrote:
Asylum Unleashed wrote:Has Ax7 ever debuted at number 1 or even landed at 1 ever? If not, then throw that back in their faces, i listen to ax7, but not totally crazy over them....they only supposedly sound "harder" because they got 3 guitarists compared to disturbeds 2, and dumbasses cant comprehend the thrashing style of synysters and the melodic pounding style of dans...
It'd just be a sad thing to do as a fan. Throwing it in their face that they haven't landed a number 1??? Its about the music. Metal isn't meant to be mainstream. Besides they deserve their albums to be number 1's. They got their first #1 two weeks ago with their new kickass album Nightmare
It was just a suggestion, not that it was my own personal opinion. My opinion is, if disturbed had another guitarist.....there wouldnt be a battle between the fans of both bands...we all know who'd sound better....

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

 
  •  

Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum