Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 21]

26Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Tue 22 Jun 2010, 23:05

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 16

Irian gave him another massage, but the one she gave him today was nothing like that one the day before. She did stretches, she WORKED the muscles. She told him to keep breathing more times than her could count and was asking him almost constantly how the pressure was. It felt so good that he could only give her a thumbs up against her thigh when she was working on his back and naming off the muscles as she worked them. "I'm going to work a little deeper so that I can hit your rhomboids", or, "I'm going to have to work through your Trap to work Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus". Every time she names a muscle, he asked what it did. "Well, Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus are a couple of the muscles that make up your rotator cuff muscles. Obviously, the rotate your shoulder." She was so good at explaining it all to him. Maybe she should teach this to others. She would be a great teacher.

After the massage, she showed him some stretches to do to keep the muscles open and warmed up. She then said, "See me in a week", and laughed. He just had to join her, though he wasn't sure what she was laughing about.

As the day went on, he had become more and more tormented by what he had done with her the night before. "It was stupid and won't happen again." But who was he kidding. He wanted her again so badly that he could almost taste it; almost taste her. Her kiss on his lips, the sweet necture of her body on his tongue, the salt of sweat on her skin... thinking about it almost made having her in the same room too much to bare. And now, she bared his last name according to the paperwork that his employers had secured. The name on the paperwork was "Hannah Brielle Draiman". She said she'd go by Brie, because she hated the name Hannah and Brielle didn't make any sense to her, even though she knew what it meant. "How do you know what it means?" David had asked her.

Irian smiled and said, "I'm half Hebrew on my mother's side. I was raised Jewish. Hannah is actually my Hebrew name."

David was stunned to say the least. He didn't question it again. So, he'd taken to calling her Brie instead so that she could get used to it since she'd have to use it in public when the band went on tour. She would go not only as his wife, though God and the both of them knew that wasn't true, but as the band's massage therapist.

Irian, or Brie as she was now being called, thought that going on tour with the band was a win- win situation. David wouldn't be alone while on the road and she would get to see them preform live. What could be so bad about that. Hell, David got a double win out of it. He would get a massage at least once a week. Lucky SoB.

That night, she made a suggestion. "I have a thought, David", she said.

"What's that?"

"Well, since the paperwork that your employers that want me alive for some odd reason sent us say that I'm your wife... why don't I play the part? I'm a pretty good actress."

He looked at her. "What do you mean, play the part?"

"I mean act like I'm REALLY your wife. I mean, come on. It makes sense, don't you think?"

"Brie, have you lost your ever loving mind?"

"No, dick head, I haven't. I was being realistic."
"
He thought for a minute. "You mean, you're serious."

"Yes, I'm serious."

"You want to pretend to be my wife with all that entales?"

"Yes."

"Even sleeping with me, possibly having sex?"

She rolled her eyes. "How many times do I have to say 'yes'?"

He thought about it for a minute. This did have its advantages. She was willing to be his wife, without actually being is wife. He would be able to touch her, hold her, kiss her in front of people and not feel like he was violating some unwritten rule that you couldn't love the person you're supposed to protect. Hell, husbands and wives did it all the time. After a minute or two of thinking about it, he looked at her. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Would I have said it if I wasn't?"

"Good point. Ok, let's see if we can pull it off."

She smiled. "Ok, I want to know EVERYTHING there is to know about you."

He laughed. He was going to have fun with this. A LOT of fun. He could already tell.

27Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Tue 22 Jun 2010, 23:32

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Wow! Incredible stuff! I think I need some of Penni's popcorn... and maybe a Corona while I'm at it.

28Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Tue 22 Jun 2010, 23:41

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
*sets out an ice chest full of beer* Here we go ladies. Now, presenting Chapter 17.

Chapter 17

That night, he called Dan to see if his wife would pick up a few things for Irian. She needed to change her appearance and he had no idea what she was talking about when she said she needed a "flat iron". He did know that she needed contacts for her eyes. Her brown eyes were too noticible. They were a very pretty color of brown, but they just stood out too much. He said that he'd have Nicole go out and get the stuff for David's "new bride" in the morning. David laughed and thanked Dan, then told him that "the wife" was getting testy because he was on the phone for too long.

Irian laughed and acted like she was getting upset over David being on the phone. "David, honey, come on. I would like to spend time with you, not watch you chit chat with DAN." She mad Dan sound like a dirty word.

"You hear this shit, Danny. I'd better go", David said.

"Hold on, Nicole wants to talk to Brie", Dan said.

Irian shook her head rapidly and mouthed, "NO." David nodded. "Danny, I don't think that's the best idea. She wants me off the phone so that I can rub her head. She's starting to get a headache."

"Oh, well, that sucks. Maybe another night."

David shrugged. "Maybe. It all depends on how she's feeling. I'll talk to you later, Danny."

"Ok, talk at you later, brother." And they hung up.

Irian burst into laughter. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THAT WAS FUN!"

David chuckled. "It was, huh?"

"We've got to do that again."

"We could call Mikey or John."

She laughed. "Let's call them both."

29Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 00:30

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 18

They called Mike and John, telling them the plan that Irian/ Brie was going to take "being my wife seriously", as David put it, then told them to tell their wives about her while they listened, and to be honest. They told their wives that David got married to a beautiful woman with beautiful brown eyes and dark brown hair who worked as a massage therapist. "When I am going to get a massage from your new wife, David?" Kristen, John's wife, asked.

"That's up to her and what her schedule looks like. I don't dictate that to her."

"Well, can I talk to her?"

When Irian shook her head, she give him a signal of some sort for an excuse. For John's wife, she rubbed her throat. "Not tonight, Kris, she's got a touch of laryngitis. Maybe later." It was all either he or Irian could do to keep a straight face and NOT bust out laughing while he was on the phone.

John took the phone back from his wife and took it off of speaker. "Baby, I need to talk to David for a minute in private. I'll be right back", he said to his wife and left the room. "So, her new name is Brie?" John asked.

"Yep. When we talk about her, it's Brie so that no one knows what's going on with Irian. Irian's dead, right?"

John laughed quietly. "I like it. Who's idea was it for her to actually act like your wife?"

"Hers, to be honest. I thought it made sense if she was sure she wanted to commit to it. She said she's so dedicated to it that she'll even act it here. Funny, huh?"

"Sometimes, man, you have all the luck. Beautiful woman falls into your lap. HQ says, 'We're gonna put it on paper that she's your wife, David', and she says, 'As long as it's on paper that I am, why don't I play the part?'. How the hell do you manage this shit?"

David sighed. "I have no idea, brother, but I guess I'm just that GOOD."

John chuckled. Loud enough for his wife to hear, John said. "Ok, David, tell Brie I said hi and welcome to the family, sis."

"Will do, John. By the way, your acting blows", David said, then hung up.

------------

They laid in bed that night with her spooned against him. The feel of her body next to his drove him mad. She was so soft. He lightly ran his fingertips over her skin, barely making contact at all. He loved the way her skin felt under his hand.

She sighed softly, her eyes closed and half asleep. He adored that sound. God, how did she do this to him? He's only really known her for two days and now she's laying in his bed, in his arms, pretending to be his wife. She was making lemonade out of lemons, that was for sure, but she was doing it with finesse and poise that should not have been possible. It was endearing, to say the very least.

She rolled over and snuggled into his chest. Her breath smelled like sweet honey. Her hair smelled like lavender and vanilla and was naturally as curly as his was when and if he let it grown out. Her skin tasted like cool rain water. What was this?

"YOU'RE FALLING IN LOVE WITH HER, YOU DUMB ASS!" screamed a voice in his head and the second he thought it, he knew it was true.

She stirred in her sleep for a moment. "David, David, no. I love you, no, you can't", she murmured in her sleep.

The words shocked him. What was she dreaming that would make her call for him like that, then profess her love? Nothing good, surely. He pulled her a little more tightly against him to let her know that he was there and what she was seeing was a dream.

------------

Five o'clock came early. She didn't want to leave that safety and warmth of David's arms, but she knew she had to in order to get her work out. Anyway, he wanted to get into better shape too. It was the least she could do to pay him back for letting her say in his home.

She hit the snooze and pried her eyes open to look at the ceiling, debating on whether or not she wanted to get up and go work out. David stirred beside her. "Let's go back to sleep", he grumbled. "One morning won't kill you." She smiled and let her eyes droop shut as he rolled over to lay an arm protectively across her waist. That was something she could get used to. There was strength there. David Draiman was no slouch. He just needed to loose the gut if possible. It's not healthy, especially in a man his age.

She pushed the thought from her mind and settled back into the bed. For the first time in years, she slept in. She had forgotten how nice it would feel to sleep in. She decided that it was time to remember.

Last edited by Disturbed1forEternity on Wed 23 Jun 2010, 00:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to move some stuff around)

30Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 01:39

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
WARNING: AGAIN, THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN CONTENT THAT IS UNSUITABLE. READER DISGRESSION IS ADVISED.

Chapter 19

When they finally did get up for the morning, it was close to ten. David had decided to greet her like he had all his past fiancee's. "Good morning, beautiful", he said then leaned in to lay a kiss on her cheek.

She smiled at him. "Well, good morning, handsome."

"How did you sleep?"

"Not bad, to be honest. When I first fell asleep, though, that sucked. I had a dream about you. You were badly injured. I think you'd gotten shot or something. It was horrible."

"So, that's what had you frightened last night. You tossed and turned there for a little bit."

"Did I say anything?" He paused. "I did talk, didn't I?"

"You're not going to like what you said."

"Did I say I loved you?" He nodded. "That's what I thought. I remember saying it in the dream, and I meant it in the dream."

"What about in the waking world?"

"Not yet. I think I'm getting there, but I couldn't say it now and mean it."

"Can you say it and act like you mean it in front of other people?"

"Yeah. I'm a good actress like that."

"Good, because I think the band bar-b-que is tonight and it will be here."

Irian laughed. "Nice. I get to put my acting skills to use. What time can we expect everyone here?"

He rolled over and grabbed his phone. "Well, Nicole is going to be here any minute now with the stuff to change your appearance. She even grabbed some color contacts for you."

She nodded. "Can you keep her down stairs so that I can get my appearance changed without her seeing me?"

"Yeah. I can keep her downstairs. Hell, I can keep her at the door. I'll just tell her that you want to meet all of the other wives at the same time and that she'll have to wait for the bar-b-que to see you."

"I like it. Now, since I didn't work out today, what do you say to getting some breakfast?"

"I say that I'd love to, but first..." He captured her lips with his. The arm he still had around her waist tightened, pulling her tighter against the front of his body. He craved her. He needed her. Need to possess her and not just her body.

He moved to where he was positioned between her legs, pushing against her. She moaned for him and that's when he knew he had her. He could do whatever he wanted and no one would stop him, least of all, her.

------------

The kitchen was located on the East side of the house for a reason. That way the sun would shine in through the window in the morning while David ate his breakfast and enjoyed a cup of coffee. He usually got up and cooked for himself, or went and grabbed something quick at a fast food place. This morning, Irian insisted in cooking him breakfast. She made something she called a scramble with eggs, deer sausage, cheese, and fired potatoes. She seasoned it just a touch as it cooked, then served it.

"Tell me what you think."

He blew on the fork full that he had in his hand to cool it off, then took a bite. His eyes doubled in size as he chewed. After he swallowed. "That's good."

"It's 'Chai's favorite. I usually make it for him on weekends when he's home from school and he's being a good boy. Sundays, I spring for doughnuts, forsaking my healthy eating and my workout for my biggest vice."

"What's your biggest vice?"

"Chocolate doughnuts with sprinkles."

David laughed. "That's funny."

She shrugged.

------------

Right as David finished the last bite of his breakfast, the door bell rang. He took a quick sip of coffee and went to answer it. Checking the peephole, he saw that it was Danny, not Nicole. He opened the door. "Hey Danny."

"Mornin'. Here that stuff she asked for. The wives are all excited me meet her. Make sure she doesn't butcher herself. We all painted a very flattering picture of her to our wives."

David nodded. "Not a problem. I'll make sure that she doesn't butcher herself or anything like that. Knowing her, she'll look amazing."

Dan looked at David. "Dude, don't tell me your falling for her."

David shrugged. "I can't tell that lie, Danny. But, at least I know that I'm not falling alone."

Dan's eyes widened. "NO. She's falling for you too? You've only known each other for two days and you're falling in love? Remind me NOT to tell the guys. Have you two had sex yet?" David laughed. "I'll take that as a 'yes'.... How many times?" David shugged. "Oh, David. Really? When was the first time?"

David pointed to the door. "None of your business. My house. Now go and I'll see you this evening."

31Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 14:38

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
*eyes widen* WOW.....just wow....

32Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 17:13

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
babygirlpj2007 wrote:*eyes widen* WOW.....just wow....

I know, crazy, right?

------------

Now presenting...

Chapter 20

Irian took the stuff from Dan had brought and headed upstairs. When she came down, her curls that hit her between her shoulders were straightened and resting just below her shoulders and they'd gone from the sun bleached brown it had been to a dark, rich mahogany. She wore light brown contacts that made her face just pop. There was no mistaking her now for the woman she had been fifteen minutes before. Irian Cartwright was officially dead now. The woman that had descended the stairs was Brie Draiman.

David looked at her in disbelief. "WOW!" he said. "Are you kidding me?"

She smiled at him. "Do you like it?"

"No, I love it! You look amazing!"

She giggled. "Glad 'my husband' likes the change."

"Were you being sarcastic?"

She shook her head. "No, I really am glad you like the change, honey."

He held up a finger and motioned her toward him. "Come here."

She bounced down the stairs, and he got to see that she ahd exchanged the blue jean pants for blue jean shorts. He finally got a good look at her legs and DAMN!!! There was muscle tone, and they were well defined. You could differentiate one muscle from the next. It was fucking amazing. He watched the muscles work as she walked toward him, then she wrapped her arms around his neck. "You wanted something?"

He shook his head. "Sorry, I was just mesmerized again."

"Don't tell me you want legs like mine now too?"

"No, just arms and abs."

She kissed his cheek. "Well, we have to get our asses up in the mornings so that I can whip you into shape for the tour. I'm warning you, you're gonna hate me."

He chuckled. "Not possible."

"We'll see."

--------------

She finally got the leave the house as Brie. She was so excited. Though it was just a trip to the grocery store, she was happy. "Do you mind if I smoke in your truck?" she asked.

"No. Just roll down the window a little. Too much smoke in the cab hurts my eyes. In fact, do you have one of those to spare?"

She handed him a lit cigarette, exhaling out the window. "Here you go, honey."

He took it and took a drag as he drove. "I don't normally smoke. Bad for my voice, but the past couple of days..." he shook his head.

"I know what you're saying. I've been living them right beside you. They've been insane. At least you go a free massage out of the deal", she said with a laugh.

He laughed with her and nodded. "Yeah. Who knew deep tissue would be relaxing?"

Irian/ Brie laughed harder. "I did. I've gotten them before."

"Can you do Shiatsu too?"

"Yeah. Shiatsu, Hot Stone, Hydrotherapy, Chair, Pre- natal, you name it, more than likely I can do it."

He nodded. "Nice. You do realize that you just dug yourself a huge hole, right?"

"I figured as much. Oh, well."

33Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 18:57

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
awesome!

34Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 18:59

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 21

The trip to the store was a success, even though they were stopped a couple of times because people thought David "looked an awful lot like the lead singer of Disturbed."

"I didn't know that", he'd say.

"Yeah, the piercings make you look JUST LIKE HIM", said one guy.

"Un- fucking- canny", David said in return.

"You sure you're not realted to him?"

David has shrugged. "God only knows, bro. Ok, you have a good day, now."

Irian/ Brie had laced her arm through his so that she wouldn't risk losing him in the store and so that she would look like arm candy. She'd heard one guy whisper to his friend, "DAMN, SHE'S FINE!!!! What is she doing with him?" The best the friend could do was shrug.

David looked at them. "She's got good taste and she knows money when she smells it", he'd said and then lead them down the next isle.

Irian/ Brie turned to them as she and David walked down the isle that had the baked beans on it, and said, "And he's probably in bed than either of you will ever be."

David chuckled.

They guys called after her. "But does he make you happy?"

She jerked her and David to a stop. "Let's see. I've got my dream house, my dream car, my dream man who loved me with everything he's got... what about that doesn't sound like happiness to you, monkey boy?" She started walking again after David turned and winked at them.

"Having nine and a half inches doesn't hurt either", he'd said then followed his "wife" down the isle where she stood holding the canned beans that they needed for the cook- out that had become tradition for the band.

"Did you have to add fuel to the fire, honey?" she asked with a smile.

"That wasn't fuel to the fire. This is." He put an arm around her waist pulled her into him, then kissed her long, slow, and lingering. Her head spun when he broke the kiss. She had to lean against him to walk down the isle because her knees wanted to buckle from underneath her.

"Yeah, that was fuel to the fire", she whispered to him as they turned the corner to the next isle, then she kissed his cheek. Risking a glance behind them, she looked at the guys that were trying to hit on her. They were both fuming and mad as hell.

------------

Irian/ Brie laughed as they walked out of the store to David's truck. "It's true. I totally went blank. One of the stage hands was clapping his hands like I usually do during "The Game" and I lost the words", David said.

"That is priceless", she laughed. "Dan and the guys must have given you ten kinds of shit over that."

"Oh, they did. At the time, John wasn't with us. Our bassist was a guy named Steve, but we called him Fuzz. He tried to give me shit, but it didn't affect me."

"What happened with Fuzz, anyway?"

"Differences of opinion."

She shrugged. "It happens all the time, from what I hear."

It was David's turn to shrug. "I don't know. I'm only in one band, not every other band that's recording."

She nodded and helped him load the groceries into the back of the truck. Before scooting into the truck when he opened her door for her, she laid her hand against the side of his face and gave him a kiss. Any wife would have done the same for her husband if she saw her was upset, wouldn't she? She'd never been married, but she was trying to play the part and show him that she did care, even though her feelings weren't as strong as a wife's for her husband, but she did feel something for him. She just wasn't sure what it was yet. It was strong and she could say this and one other thing for sure, she wasn't annoyed by him anymore. She found him funny, and in some ways, charming. Was she falling in love? Maybe.

35Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 19:22

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 22

When they got home from the store, they started their part of the cooking. They got the meat marinating, and started their part of the sides to go with it. Irian/ Brie threw a salad together and helped David whereever she could. There wasn't too much to do until he put the meat on the grill. It seemed like a typical family gathering to her. Pot luck style, everybody pitching in, cold beer and smiling faces... things she'd missed since leaving Tennessee.

David saw her face, but couldn't decipher what the look meant. It looked a little reminiscent but wistful at the same time. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I was just trying to remember the last family cook out I was at. I haven't been at one of those in a LONG time."

David smiled. "It will be fine. But, I'm warning you, be prepared for the other guys wives to bombard you with questions and stuff. If you look like you need help, I'll try to come to the rescue. It depends on how much the guys are bugging me over you."

"Yeah, I heard what Dan said this morning. He's told the other two by now, huh?"

Davis nodded. "I'm sure he has, and I'm sure there are going to be a million questions over if when they get here."

"Great... just fucking great."

36Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 22:04

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 23

The guys and their wives finally arrived, and just as David had said, Irian/Brie got berated with questions? She shot him a look of desperation and he handed John the meat fork to rescue his "wife". "Ladies, can I borrow her for a minute?" he asked.

She didn't even bother waiting for them to respond. She got up and went to his side. "Sorry, ladies, I'll be right back, but when Daddy says jump, I jump", she said and flashed them a smile. They walked into the house with his arm wrapped around her waist. When they got into the kitchen, she turned to him and laid her head on his shoulder. "What do I say to them? They want to know what you first said when you asked me out, how you proposed, what the sex is like. I don't know what to say."

"Tell them whatever you want to and I'll stick to the story, ok? Even if you say that I drove past you one day and wrapped my vehicle around a tree, I'll agree with whatever you say."

"And you want what in return?"

"Another one of those deep tissue massages that you gave me yesterday."

--------------

Meawhile, Dan, John, and Mike were standing around the grill, each with a beer in one hand, watching the scene in the kitchen. "I wonder how much of what we're seeing there is an act and how much is real", Mike said.

"I don't think any of it's an act, to be perfectly honest", John said. "I think she actually does care for him, but she's afraid to admit it."

"I don't know. I do know this, though, they have had sex a couple of times", Dan told the guys.

John and Mike's eyes got wide. "Really?" Mike said.

Dan nodded. "He about half assed admitted it earlier when I brought the stuff for Irian to change her appearance and become Brie."

"Did he say how many time they'd done it?" John asked.

"Nope, he kicked me out of the house and told me he'd see me in the evening."

"Is he falling for her?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, but he said, 'At least I know I'm not falling alone'. She's got to be falling for him too."

"That's obvious, Dan", John said. "Look how affectionate she is toward him."

"Have either of them said the 'L' word yet?" Mike asked.

"Not to my knowledge", Dan said. "I hope not. They're both fucked if they do. HQ will make him leave the agency because he fell for a charge. They'll have his fucking head on a platter."

"Well, I do know this", John said. "This is the happiest I've ever seen him. What about you guys?"

Dan and Mike thought about it for a minute. "Yeah, I would have to say so", Mike said. "And, who knows, Danny, maybe the agency will have mercy on him."

--------------

David and Irian/ Brie came out of the house and separated into the different groups. Irian returned to the wives, getting bombarded with the same questions that had sent her panicking to David. "Hold on, ladies. One at a time. I can't answer all of you at once."

Kristen, John's wife, asked. "How did you two meet, Brie?"

"Well, I do a few massages every now and then for charity events, like walks and stuff like that. At one of my events, David was there. I was taking a break and we both saw each other at the exact same moment. He came over to me and we got to talking. By the end of the event, he asked me out. The rest is history."

"How come we weren't invited to the wedding?" asked Nicole, Dan's wife.

"It was one of those off the cuff things where we both just looked at each other and said, 'Let's get married.' I think the only people who knew besides us are your husbands."

"Ok, I've just gotta know because I've been wondering this since I laid eyes on him, but if any of you tell Mike, you're all dead", said Tina, Mike's wife, "but, how is David in bed?"

Irian giggled. "Scale of 1- 10, 1 meaning he's shit and 10 meaning he's a fucking GOD?"

"Yeah."

"He's easily a 40 or 50. One of the best lovers I've ever had. No, scratch that... he IS the best lover I've ever had." They all laughed.

--------------

David walked back to the grill and cracked open his second beer. He'd been nursing the first one when the guys arrived. "We saw that, David", Mike said.

"And I care?" David said back.

"You may not, but HQ will."

"Do I look like HQ scares me? I'm doing my job. It's not my fault that she's a REALLY good actress."

"How do you know it was an act?" John asked.

David sighed. "Honestly, I can't tell. She said it was an act."

"What we just saw in there couldn't have been an act, David", Dan said. "Hell, you yourself even said that she's falling for you too."

"Thanks, Danny. Now I know who NOT to trust my secrets to." David took a sip of his beer and flipped the steaks. "Now, I would really like to know what you guys think about her getting her son back."

"It's doable, I guess. It would take a hell of a lot of work, but it shouldn't be very difficult", John said.

"She wants to just drive to Tennessee and pick him up from her parents' house."

"Are you kidding me?" Mike said. "That's a suicide mission if ever there was one. We're supposed to be keeping her alive, not taking her into the eye of the shit storm."

"We could say that her parents are putting him up for adoption privately and Brie and I are adopting him. It's not that fucking hard, Mikey. Use your head for something other than a hat rack and think out side the box, dumb ass." David sucked in a deep breath. "You know, guys, I think it's best if you all just go home after the meat is done cooking. I can't do this right now. I've got a lot of shit on my mind and I can't protect her if you guys are busy busting my balls over how I do it. I'm trying to keep this from being a living hell for her and none of you are helping."

"We're sorry, brother, really. We're just concerned", Mike said.

"We've watched a lot of relationship go down the shitter for you and we don't want to see it happen again."

"One of my ex's was a spy for the Establishment. She was reporting on us to them. Can you blame me for dropping her like a bad habit?"

"No, guess we can't", John said. "But the guys are right. We're just concerned. That's all."

"Well, take your concern and shove it."

37Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 22:20

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Dave's getting a might touchy, isn't he? Great segments that you've posted today! Can't wait to read more.

38Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 22:27

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 24

The guys and their wives left after dinner. The only one of the women that could drink was Irian because she was home and didn't have to go anywhere. The other women had to drive because their husbands had been drinking.

Irian plopped down on the couch next to David. "Please don't subject me to that again. I'm really tired after all that."

He unconsciously wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Not a problem. I don't want to go through that again either. I've just gotten my balls thoroughly busted."

She kisses his cheek. "David, I have a confession to make."

Oh, shit, he thought, but he remained outwardly calm. "Ok, what is it?"

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "After talking to the guy's wives today, I discovered something, and it scares the hell out of me, but, I'm still gonna say it." She took another deep breath. He was on pins and needles, but he kept silent, letting her say what she had to say. "David, I think I'm in love with you."

He froze. Did she just say what he thought she just said? No, surely it was his mind playing tricks on him. "Did you just say you think you're in love with me?"

She nodded. "You seem surprised."

"A little taken aback is more what I'm feeling. I thought I was going to have to be the one to say it first."

"Well, you didn't and I NEVER say it first. You're really special."

He laughed. "Wow." He took a deep breath himself. "Well, I AM in love with you, Irian. I probably shouldn't be, but I am."

She smiled. "A forbidden romance. How Danielle Steele."

39Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 22:32

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
GuiltyPleasures wrote:Dave's getting a might touchy, isn't he? Great segments that you've posted today! Can't wait to read more.

Yeah, but he's stopped giving a shit what the guys think, I think. Like I said in the title of the thread, I'm just making this up as I go. It's taken on a life of its own, this story.

Thanks, though. I'm working on more and more. I'll take a short break in between posts to check out other stuff on here, but then it's right back to work on this. From what I'm seeing in the pictures in my head as I think about this... David and Irian/ Brie are going to get married for real at the VERY end of the story, but here in a couple of chapters, something's going to happen and it's going to be HUGE!

40Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 23:19

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 25

The weeks passed. David and Brie, as she was insisting everyone call her, were spending every moment they could together. She was still the same Irian that he had watched for several months, but he was seeing different sides of her. She loved to cook, she loved good movies, and when she loved, she put her heart and soul into it. She gave 150% of herself to everything she did. It was very endearing. He just loved her more because of it.

HQ hadn't thrown the fit that Dan, Mike, and John had thought they would. In fact, they were totally fine with it. The guys were just scared that the other foot was going to drop and things weren't going to end well. Little did ANYONE know, but the other shoe was about to drop, and it would change David and Brie's lives forever.

HQ had devised a way for Brie to get Malachai. They liked her idea, so they set it up and Brie and David Draiman adopted Malachai Cartwright. Mother and son were reunited. The day they picked Malachai up, he wrapped his arms around David's neck and asked if he could call David "Dad". David choked up at first, but finally answered, "I would be honored if you did." So, Malachai Cartwright from that day on was Malachai Draiman. They even had paperwork that said so. But the real bombshell came not but a week later.

Brie had been waking up at odd times of the night and running for the bathroom in the Master suite and puking her guts up. She had to stop her morning work outs because she was having extreme waves of vertigo hit her at odd times. Finally, she got tired of guessing at what was wrong the day she was three weeks late and bought a pregnancy test. She took it at the store, praying that there was just something wrong with her brain or something. But, she knew better. She'd had the same symptoms with 'Chai. She knew she was pregnant. All the little stick did was confirm what she knew.

She drove home, unsure of what to say to David, who was now more a husband to her than paperwork could say. She wasn't sure how he'd take the news. When she pulled in, she went straight for the house, hoping that David wouldn't be the first face she saw. She should be so lucky.

When she walked in, he was sitting on the couch with Malachai explaining how baseball went. He turned when he heard the door open. "Hey, baby. How was your trip?"

"Good. Can I talk to you in private for a minute, please, hon?"

A look of worry crossed David's face as he stood up and followed Irian to the kitchen. "What's up?"

"I have news. I'm not sure how you're going to take it."

"Just say it. The suspense is unnerving."

"David, I'm pregnant."

His jaw dropped. "Pregnant? Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I took a test at the store today." She reached into her bag and pulled the little stick out. It read positive.

David hit his knees. He was stunned. He didn't know what to say. "Oh, my God. I'm going to be a father." Once he had the ability to stand, he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. "How could I be anything but happy? What were you so worried about?"

She sighed, laying her head against his chest. "I don't know, baby. I just scared to tell you. I didn't know what you would say."

He laughed softly. "Brie, I love you. How could I not love the fact that we're having a child together?"

---------------

David made a conference call to the guys. "Hey, fellas, get ready to break out the cigars."

"What? Why?" they all said.

"Because I'm going to be a father. Brie's pregnant."

"WHAT?" Mike said.

"Way to go!" John said.

"That's great!" Dan said.

"Thanks, brothers. Like I said, get ready to break out the cigars." David hadn't stopped smiling since Brie had broke the news to him that afternoon. "She wants a midwife for a home delivery and her first appointment is next week. We'll find out exactly how far along she is then."

"We're happy for you, brother. It's about fucking time you got to experience the joys of a newborn in the house", Dan said. "It's an experience like no other."

41Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 23:46

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Whoa!

42Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Wed 23 Jun 2010, 23:49

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
What can I say? I just had to drop that bombshell!

43Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 24 Jun 2010, 00:36

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 26

The pregnancy's first trimester wasn't getting any better. During the first appointment with the midwife, they were told that she was five weeks along... almost two months. Had it been that long? Seriously? Surely not.

A few more weeks pass, and Brie almost has a fainting spell in the middle of the mall. David freaks, but remains calm enough to get her to a seat and call an ambulance. He rides with her to the hospital where the OB/GYN on call tells her that the baby is fine, but that she needs plenty of bed rest and that he wanted to speak with her midwife. God just wasn't smiling on her at the moment. She needed to relax. Thank God, the guys were going on tour soon. She would be going with them so that David could keep an eye on her. This pregnancy was starting out rough and he didn't want her more than a couple of feet away from anyone that could help her if she needed and he couldn't. Even Malachai had been shown how to call 911 and told what to say when he called if his mommy should need it.

When the bus rolled out of Milwaukee, she and Malachai were on it. David kept constant vigil on her every moment he could. If not him, then at least one of his brothers.

Thoughts of the war that started with her assassination were far from her mind. Brie just wanted to be with her family, which was now her son, David, and the rest of the band.

She couldn't sleep. Nightmares were haunting her. Some dark figure with a rifle pulling a trigger, David falling, her holding him as he bled to death, big with the child that they created together. She would jerk awake in cold sweats, screaming. At three months along, she was already showing. At the point in her dreams, she had to be at least seven months.

Dreams were haunting David as well. Brie going into labor early, he would have to choose between the life of his wife, the woman he loved, and his child. HIS CHILD. He still wasn't used to the fact that he was going to be a father, though he reminded himself every morning. Something about the dreams was unsettling.

The guys were starting to notice. One day after rehearsal, Dan asked him as they walked back to the bus. "Dude, are you sleeping alright?"

David rubbed his hand over his face. "No, I'm not. I keep having these fucked up dreams, then I'm having to deal with Brie waking up screaming and inconsolable. Neither of us is sleeping very well and it's taking its toll on the both of us. We're snapping at each other, I'm going off the deep end, she's crying all the time. I still love her, don't get me wrong, but the dreams and the stress. I just don't know what to do."

"Have you asked her what she's dreaming that she's waking up screaming?"

"No. I'm afraid to. My dreams are fucked up enough as it is. I'm afraid to share what I'm seeing at night with her so that I don't freak her out and put her under more stress. I mean, hell, Danny, she's five months pregnant now. That's what, 20 weeks, right? This kind of stress isn't good for her, especially in the state she's in."

"Well, it's not good for you either, brother. Talk to her about her dreams. See what's happening with her. As for your dreams, why don't you tell me about them?"

David stopped and leaned up against the trunk of a huge shade tree. "I've been seeing her either losing the baby or going into labor and it almost killing her. I have to choose who to save, Danny, her or the baby."

"Oooh, shit. That's rough. I'm sure that it's just anxiety over being an expectant father. I had similar dream each time that Nicole was pregnant. Both of my kids and my wife are alive and well. I think you're just having the "Daddy- hood" jitters."

David thought about it, then nodded. "Maybe you're right. Thanks, Danny. I needed that."

"No problem", Dan said. "I thought I'd make sure you were alright or I wouldn't have asked."

"No, man, I apprieciate it. Now, maybe I can talk with Brie about what her dreams are about."

44Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 24 Jun 2010, 00:53

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Damn, girl, this is getting INTENSE!

45Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 24 Jun 2010, 00:56

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
That's the point. Things are coming to one of many heads. The shit is about to hit the fan for the second time, and you'll never guess who saves the day.

46Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 24 Jun 2010, 01:20

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 27

David walked onto the bus to find Brie asleep. She napped whenever she could, though whatever she was dreaming would scare the hell out of her and wake her again. It took anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours to get her calmed down.

He kicked his boots off and carefully climbed in bed with her. Malachai was in the lounge area watching Uncle Mikey try to beat Call of Duty 4. David was usually in there with him, but he was just too damned tired today.

He settled in to the bed and wrapped an arm around his pregnant wife. He knew they weren't legally married, but he'd gotten so used to thinking of her that way that he just could stop the train of thought. She was, as far as he was concerned, his wife. Fuck what anyone else had to say about it.

He was just starting to drift off when she started whimpering in her sleep. "Here it comes", he thought. "I'm gonna wake up enough to see if she says anything." He laid there and listend.

"Nooooooooo!" she screamed. "No, David, no! No, no, no, no,no! I love you, don't leave me."

Was she afraid he was going to leave her and the kids high and dry like Malachai's birth father had? Fat chance of that one happening. He'd wanted kids for a while and now he was finally getting the family he wanted. He would be damned if he was going to leave her.

She started sobbing, quietly as she clutched something invisible to her chest. What was going on? He was starting to worry.

Her eyes flew open and she screamed. Mike, Dan, and John ran back to see what was going on. David held her and rubbed her back carefully. "Shhh... I'm here, Brie. I've got you. I'm not leaving you. Hush... " he said as he rocked back and forth.

She lifted her head from his shoulder. "I saw you die, not walk away. I held you in my arms as you bled to death and no one did anything."

His eyes widened. "OH MY GOD! Is that what you've been dreaming all this time?" She sobbed into his neck as she nodded. He looked at the guys. "We need to have a chit chat with HQ."

47Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 24 Jun 2010, 02:10

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 28

David and the guys all stepped into the back lounge on the bus to make their phone call. Brie was still shaken by what she'd seen in her dream and the midwife was with her, keeping an eye on her vitals. If she couldn't get her blood pressure down, Brie was going to have to go to the hospital.

The boss answered on the first ring. "How are my favorite rock star agents?" the bass voice asked

"Not so good, boss", David said. "Brie is having dreams of me dying. I need some reassurance as to what I can tell her to put her mind at ease."

The man on the other end of the line sucked in a deep breath. "We're going to double security around you guys with perimeter sweeps every quarter hour on the quarter hour."

"Is there some danger that we need to know about, Boss?" Mike asked.

The "Boss", sighed. "I'm sorry, gentlemen, but we should have told you sooner. The Establishment has pinned you four as the next targets for the assassinations. How much longer do you have on this tour?"

"Tonight is the last night", Dan said.

"Good, because when you get done tonight, all of you need to pack up and go to the secured location. Directions will be in a manilla envelope on the lounge table on the bus when you get off stage. Don't dauddle. Get there and make it fast. If you don't already have you family with you, then get them."

"Yes, Boss", the all said.

"Ok, fellas, have a good show and David, do we know what it is yet?"

"No, Boss. Neither of us wants to know what it is. We have a name picked out for both sexes though."

"If there's a baby pool, I want in on it."

"Believe it boss, you'll be called", Dan said. We're not setting up the pool until right about month 8"

"Very well. I hope to hear from you all again soon."

They all just hung up.

48Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 24 Jun 2010, 13:39

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
wow.....
imma need more popcorn....brb

49Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 24 Jun 2010, 15:15

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 29

Within the hour, more security had arrived. They were doing perimeter sweeps every fifteen like the boss said that they would do.

David was pissed. "I told you mother fuckers to keep a good eye on my family as well. If my wife gets hurts", he pulled his pistol from the back of his jeans, "And I swear to God someone is going to die". He cocked the pistol and pointed it at the wall and pulled the trigger. "Do I make myself PERFECTLY clear?"

"Yes, sir", the team commander said. He turned to his team and gave the orders.

"David, it's really not necessary", Brie said.

"Bull shit it's not. You're THE most important thing in my life. You, Malachai, and our unborn child; that's all that matters to me. If someone is trying to kill us now, then you are all targets too. I'll be damned if anything is going to happen to the three of you."

--------------

The concert was under way. David was doing his usual thing on stage, entertaining the masses, feeding on the energy that the crowd put off and giving it right back to them.

During the encore, David spotted something on the horizon, a glint of light off of metal. After the song he was preforming was over, David walked to the side of the stage and pulled the leader of the task force into him. "GO TAKE CARE OF THAT AND DO IT NOW! IF MY WIFE LOSES ME BECAUSE YOU FUCKERS ARE INCOMPETENT, YOU JOB WILL BELONG TO HER AND SO WILL YOUR ASS!"

The task force leader checked in with the man he had doing the security sweep at the time as David went back out on stage to finish off the show.

A shot was fired. Everyone, the band, the crowd, hit the deck. Only the task force stayed up right. A call went out over the radio, "Sniper subdued, get the band out of the area. Evacuate now!"

One of the guards went to check on the band. David was hit, but it wasn't life- threatening. He'd been hit in the arm. "Mr. Draiman, we need to get you and the rest of the band off the stage and out to the bus. We need to evacuate you NOW."

David carefully rose to his feet and ran off the stage, holding his left arm. When they got back out to the bus, Brie freaked out when she saw that the man she loved was shot. It didn't matter that it was in the arm, he was bleeding. "Get him to a hospital, now." She sat next to him and examined that wound. "Luckily, the bullet went completely through and missed the brachial artery. It might be wise to cauterize the wound then wrap it so that it doesn't get infected."

"Danny, grabbed Mikey and get his lighter." He looked at Brie. "Leave the room. I don't want you to see this."

"NO, David, I'm not leaving you."

"Do you really want to see me in that kind of pain?"

"No, but I'm still not leaving you. I may not be able to do that to you myself, but I'm not letting you sit here without a hand to hold, just like I know you're not going to let me do through labor alone."

"Fine."

Mike and Dan came back into the room with a spoon and a lighter. "Brie, you should leave", Mike said.

"NO, MIKE. I'M STAYING."

He took a deep breath. "Fine. If he screams and you can't take it, I don't want to hear you bitch."

"Fuck you, Mike."

50Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 24 Jun 2010, 15:17

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
babygirlpj2007 wrote:wow.....
imma need more popcorn....brb

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story. I just typed up Ch. 29 and shit got heavy... but it's about to get heavier. Stay tuned!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com