Disturbed's David Draiman On the Gulf Oil Disaster

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Disturbed has posted a 25-second preview clip of its new single, "Another Way To Die," online. Although there's not much music in the clip, it does give fans a slight taste of what to expect when the single arrives at rock radio stations and iTunes on June 15th. The track is taken from the band's upcoming fifth album, Asylum, which is scheduled to arrive in August.

"Another Way To Die" deals with climate change and environmental destruction, and is as timely as ever in the wake of the Gulf oil spill. Frontman David Draiman told us that the effects of the Gulf disaster on local wildlife are heartbreaking: "I know people keep talking about the economic impact or the shrimp boats and the people in the fisheries and so on and so forth along the Louisiana coast. And yes, we are all concerned about that, but there's a bigger picture here, you know. What are happening to the mammals, the dolphins, the whales? The higher intelligence of life in the ocean is directly put at risk, and it's tragic."

The Gulf oil leak has spilled untold millions of gallons of oil into the ocean there, threatening ecosystems, beaches and businesses along the entire Gulf Coast and possibly up the Atlantic coast as well.

The new Disturbed album will follow up the group's 2008 release, Indestructible, which was their fourth million-seller in a row and third Number One album.

Disturbed will hit the road in advance of the album's release, and will be anchoring this summer's new Uproar Tour with Avenged Sevenfold and Stone Sour.

AUDIO: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CrowX
Administrator
View user profile

Dawn_Cato

Global Moderator
This same shit happened around 30 years ago....with the same freaking company at the same day and location....bunch of asses destroyed so much wildlife...I am too upset to even say anymore.

View user profile

Yumiyuri

Immortalized
Assholes who don't care about animals should die a painful death.

View user profile
^ i agree!

View user profile
The oil spill is more to deal with than just animals. The economic impact this is going to have will be global, not just nationally. The oil will follow the currents and eventually end up on Spain's coast and so on. If we were drilling in Alaska like we were supposed to, this wouldn't be happening. Thanks Obama, for not letting us drill in Alaska, because we might hurt a reindeer's migration pattern. Now, millions of other animals are going to perish.

View user profile

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
I've been bitching and moaning about this travesty at least once a day. It pisses me off that BP ("Big Profits", perhaps?) has seemingly no concern for the destruction it has caused until they're called on the carpet about it. "Oh, we'll restore it to the way it was before this happened!" they say.

Realistically, it will take a couple of generations to "fix" the problem BP has caused. They must think we're stupid if we believe anything they say anymore. BP's CEO has lost so much crdibility that I don't believe him if he says he has to take a shit.

Economic, environmental, whatever the hell... the damage is done. And this company, BP, could care less. They're all talk.

Good on David for saying something about this disaster. I'd take the word of David Draiman over the CEO of BP any day of the week.

And if I say anymore about this, I'll just get pissed off...

Your Humble Global Moderator,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon

View user profile

Dawn_Cato

Global Moderator

View user profile

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
I swear david is my alter ego, i can not agree more with him, and what you guys all have to say about this post, honestly animals have been a big part of my life, all kinds, and to see them suffer because we fuck up and don't get our shit straight, pisses me of to a level that you can't imagine!

View user profile

laurieann131313

The Animal
looks like a "revelations ".....water color of blood and wont sustain life type thing.....kind of freaky if you think about it....and if that shit gets into the gulf stream....we are really fucked.....interesting.

View user profile
ShockAndAwe wrote:Thanks Obama, for not letting us drill in Alaska, because we might hurt a reindeer's migration pattern. Now, millions of other animals are going to perish.
You really can't blame Obama for this. I don't know what this whole no-drilling-in-Alaska thing is about, but from your post it seems his intentions were good, and nobody could have seen this coming. If anyone is to blame it must be the BP guys.

View user profile
moomoo wrote:You really can't blame Obama for this. I don't know what this whole no-drilling-in-Alaska thing is about, but from your post it seems his intentions were good, and nobody could have seen this coming. If anyone is to blame it must be the BP guys.
With the agreement of Obama, Congress passed a bill sometime last year I believe, that canceled the pipe drilling in Alaska, and moved it offshore. The democratic congress was afraid of a few reindeer's migration patterns being effected by the pipes. Thus, the oil rig in the gulf (that blew up) was constructed and mobilized. Now that it was moved to the gulf, shit has gone down. Now, I cant blame the whole ordeal on politicians because BP also fucked up. They were sold defective parts because they were cheaper, and used them. It's the same as the Toyota brake and engine computer system failures. Bought it for cheaper, and the shit fucked up. This time, BP is at fault for the deaths of 11 Americans, and the death of a few thousand, maybe millions in the future, of animals. But, we are approaching hurricane season, and mabey a few hurricanes will guide into the Gulf and disperse the oil trails. God will fix it, slowly but surely. America is the promised land. Btw, love the song so far haha.

EDIT: Bush was blamed for hurricane Katrina and "he personally blew the levees up himself" and many other hilarious claims. So yeah, I think I can blame Obama and his Congress for this.

View user profile

DYLANPCRIDDLE

One of The Ten Thousand
ShockAndAwe wrote:The oil spill is more to deal with than just animals. The economic impact this is going to have will be global, not just nationally. The oil will follow the currents and eventually end up on Spain's coast and so on. If we were drilling in Alaska like we were supposed to, this wouldn't be happening. Thanks Obama, for not letting us drill in Alaska, because we might hurt a reindeer's migration pattern. Now, millions of other animals are going to perish.

With the agreement of Obama, Congress passed a bill sometime last year I believe, that canceled the pipe drilling in Alaska, and moved it offshore. The democratic congress was afraid of a few reindeer's migration patterns being effected by the pipes. Thus, the oil rig in the gulf (that blew up) was constructed and mobilized. Now that it was moved to the gulf, shit has gone down. Now, I cant blame the whole ordeal on politicians because BP also fucked up. They were sold defective parts because they were cheaper, and used them. It's the same as the Toyota brake and engine computer system failures. Bought it for cheaper, and the shit fucked up. This time, BP is at fault for the deaths of 11 Americans, and the death of a few thousand, maybe millions in the future, of animals. But, we are approaching hurricane season, and mabey a few hurricanes will guide into the Gulf and disperse the oil trails. God will fix it, slowly but surely. America is the promised land. Btw, love the song so far haha.

Drilling in Alaska, drilling in the ocean, its all a shit deal. It doesnt matter where the oil companies choose to drill, because they show no care for the welfare of other species in the envrionment that surrounds them. For example, Penguins breeding patterns have been disrupted with drilling in the south pole, and in result the species is in serious danger of extinction in the next few years.

Bottom line, the oil comapnies have to stop thinking of profit margin every single time and think about who they are harming with their actions.

View user profile

laurieann131313

The Animal
ShockAndAwe wrote:
moomoo wrote:You really can't blame Obama for this. I don't know what this whole no-drilling-in-Alaska thing is about, but from your post it seems his intentions were good, and nobody could have seen this coming. If anyone is to blame it must be the BP guys.

EDIT: Bush was blamed for hurricane Katrina and "he personally blew the levees up himself" and many other hilarious claims. So yeah, I think I can blame Obama and his Congress for this.

i wish i had a facebook like button because i would press it a million times.....nicely put. Shake Hands

View user profile
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:Drilling in Alaska, drilling in the ocean, its all a shit deal. It doesnt matter where the oil companies choose to drill, because they show no care for the welfare of other species in the envrionment that surrounds them. For example, Penguins breeding patterns have been disrupted with drilling in the south pole, and in result the species is in serious danger of extinction in the next few years. Bottom line, the oil comapnies have to stop thinking of profit margin every single time and think about who they are harming with their actions.
I agree 100%. Dont get me wrong, animals are awesome, but what exactly has a penguin done for the wealth of America? Or a polar bear? Personally, if I was trapped and saw a polar bear, I'd try and kill it and eat it. The extinction of animals happens. Thank God the dinosaurs and dino-mammals arent around anymore huh? But, a man made disaster, murdering animals of this extent, is uncalled for.

View user profile

disturbedlepgirl

Loading The Weapon
Big corporate companies will never care about you , me, the animals, the earth or their own existence EVER! its all about profit, always has been always will be,all BP cares about it trying to find a way to blame someone else for their own stupidity and they all will continue to ruin the earth with their never ending lust for money and more money.

View user profile

Kingston160

Believer
You know all of these oil companies are starting to sound like WMG all about money and nothing else

View user profile

DYLANPCRIDDLE

One of The Ten Thousand
disturbedlepgirl wrote:Big corporate companies will never care about you , me, the animals, the earth or their own existence EVER! its all about profit, always has been always will be,all BP cares about it trying to find a way to blame someone else for their own stupidity and they all will continue to ruin the earth with their never ending lust for money and more money.

AMEN!!

View user profile
The offshore drilling companies have a 98% sucess rate. BP ignored standard procedure instead of installing 21 centrifuges, they only installed 6. Also there are a number of actions the Obama administration (that draiman supported)are not doing. I live on the gulf coast and living here I am constantly given information about the situation. BP should pay for every cent their mismanagement has brought to our shores. However do not ban an entire industry because of a company that mismanaged one off shore drilling rig. Also Europe the biggest and most experienced offshore driller has offered assistance to help and Obama has refused their help. Obama repeal the Union act and let the foreigners help no matter how much it pisses off Andy Stern and SEIU.

View user profile
If anyone has a better solution for the Shithole of a situation the USA is in PLZ PM me not here cuz I might loose ur response PM me and tell me about what you would do if u were president.

View user profile

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
Yes, we all know what David supported the Obama Administration. I've seen the interviews. He let his personal feeling get in the way of his better judgment. He even says in a interview that his "political science mind" knew that McCain would be better for us. Honestly, I feel it was a choice between two evils, hence why when I voted I penciled in Guilianni. No kidding. I feel he would have been better than either Obama OR McCain. Hell, at this point, Mike Huckaby might even be better.

As for the oil spill, BP is just full of a bunch of corporate dipshits who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground. From the CEO down to the lowliest paper pusher or mail boy, they're all dumb asses. Not only would I take David Draiman's word above this douchbag's right now, but I'd take Papa Smurf's word over the CEO of BP's right now.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum