Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 10 of 21]

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
That's kinda what I had in mind.

I had to ask my sons about how I'd write a car chase. I threw in the jumping over the train stuff.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Changes, Part 1--

Julia's body realized that it had been awake and buzzing on adrenaline for two days, so when she relaxed into her seat on the jet, she fell fast asleep.

Morbus took this time to contact David and the other leaders to report that the mission was completed, Julia was found safe and that they were on their way home.

"How did the mission go, Morbus?" David asked him.

"It went well, though I did not actually complete the mission," Morbus said. "Julia beat me to it, and did an excellent job. I just sort of...supervised."

"Don't think you've failed or anything," David said. "It's just that we may have two assassins on our hands."

"I'd like yours and Jordan's permission to train Julia properly," Morbus said. "Perhaps when she turns fifteen next June."

"You know I'll have to have a serious talk with Jordan about that," David said. "She won't like it, but by next June, she'll be busy with other things."

"You're so certain of that, David," Morbus said.

"I am," David said. "Jordan and I are becoming the parents of twins via surrogacy in April. Biologically ours, you understand."

"Congratulations to you both," Morbus said. "Perhaps marriage is next?"

"Yeah," David said, "fat chance of that. Neither one of us wants to get married. We already feel married."

I know what you mean David, Morbus thought. Sixteen years ago, it was Jacob and Jordan thinking about marriage, but not really doing anything about it.

"We should be touching down in an hour, David," Morbus said; "Will you be meeting the jet?"

"No, it's late. Just bring Julia to us in the morning."

"Yes, David."

----------

"Jordan...?" David whispered to her as he climbed back into bed. He snuggled in against her back, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Hmmm? Is it morning?" Jordan asked sleepily. She turned over to face him.

"No, not yet, baby," David said as he kissed her. "I wanted to tell you that Julia is safe and on her way home with Morbus."

"I'm so glad to hear that, David," Jordan said. "I just want to hug her and tell her I love her, and to not scare me like that again!"

"Maybe talking about what she did, and why it wasn't the right thing to do, will suffice in place of punishment," David said. "I mean, how would you discipline a girl who handles guns better than most adults?"

"We can't exactly ground her, can we?" Jordan said in agreement. "Maybe just talking to her will do. We'll have to see."

"I wonder how she's going to take the news that she has half siblings coming?" David asked as he caressed Jordan's hips.

"Shhh, David," Jordan said as she kissed him, "that's our little secret."

"I don't think I can keep it much longer...I'm too excited by the prospect of having babies with you," David said. "Just like right now, I'm excited by the certainty that you and I are going to make love..."

"Oh, mmmm!" Jordan said as she stroked her lover's manhood. "Come explore my southern regions...they're open for business."

"I was hoping they would be, my love," David said as he entered her.

----------

When Julia arrived home the next morning, Jordan and David were waiting for her. Julia ran to her mother and gave her a hug, and neither of them let go for a long while. Then Julia apologized for making Jordan and David worry and running off the way she did.

"I know what I did was wrong and it was foolish, and I deserve any punishment you give me," Julia said, full of remorse.

"What if we didn't punish you, Julia?" Jordan asked. "What if we just talk about why what you did was wrong, and that you promise not to scare the bejeesus out of me again?"

Julia was surprised. She expected the third degree, especially from David. But she could have a calm rational conversation with her mother and David. That would be better than them grounding me or taking away something, she thought.

"Why have you decided NOT to punish me?" Julia asked.

"Because, you're growing up, taking on adult responsibilities, and admitting your mistakes," David said. "And I think I can speak for your mother in saying that we are proud of you. Not only for admitting you were wrong, but for taking responsibilty for it."

"And, we have something else to tell you," Jordan said. She looked at David, then told Julia about the babies that were due in April.

"Wow!" Julia said. "Babies...plural? As in more than one?"

"That's the chance you take when you do in vitro fertilization and implanting the fertilized embryo into a woman's womb," Jordan said. "I'm glad it's just two. There could have been more, or there could have been one."

"I'm really happy for you guys!" Julia said. "Who's the surrogate? Is it anyone we know?"

"Because of my position as the Disturbed Ones leader," David said; "we didn't want to put the surrogate in danger, so we don't know who she is, and she doesn't know who we are. We thought it would be best this way."

"I guess," Julia said. "So, do you have names picked out? Do you know what gender they are?"

"Whoa, Julia, one question at a time!" David said. "Jordan, do you want to take this one?"

"Sure," Jordan said. "We know at least one of the babies is female, and we're thinking about Gioia Maria; and if the other one is a boy, David wants to name him after his late grandfather."

"What if the other one is a girl, too?"

"We haven't gotten that far yet!" David said.

"We still have to have that talk about your exploits over the last couple of days," Jordan said. "We should do that soon."

"Okay," Julia said. "Hey, is Nik back from his camp thing yet?"

"He is," David said as he, Jordan and Julia sat down to breakfast. "He's been hanging out here for a couple of days, then he goes back for another session."

"Well, where is he?"

"Right now, he's probably with KateLynn," Jordan said. "She's Nik's girlfriend. They met at the camp. She's a nice girl, and Nik adores her."

"She adores Nik, too, don't forget," David said to Jordan. "They're cute together, aren't they, Jordan?" Jordan nodded.

Julia rolled her eyes, but in reality, she was jealous. She wanted someone to adore her.

----------

After Julia left to go see Nik, David asked Jordan, "How does she do that?

"Do what?"

"Be this steely eyed, cold blooded killer one minute then getting excited about baby names the next?"

"If I remember my sessions with Dr. Corwin correctly," Jordan said, "it's called compartmentalization. She can close off one compartment, say the cold blooded killer one, and keep others open, like dealing with her life with us, rolling her eyes at the idea her brother has a girlfriend, and talking about baby names. When the occasion calls for it, she can let the assassin in her come out and play, and close off the other compartments until they're needed again."

"Could that be a problem for her?" David asked. "Could one day the assassin compartment stays open all the time?"

"It could," Jordan said; "at that point she'd need help. Maybe letting Morbus train her could counteract that possibility."

"You're actually considering letting him do that?" David said, surprised.

"I figure she's going to do it anyway, no matter what anyone says, so I may as well allow her to be trained properly," she said. "But not until after her birthday in June."

David just shook his head. Sometimes, Jordan absolutely amazed him. And he loved her dearly for it.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
I loved it! Continue! ^-^

oh, and the new chapter in my musical is up xD

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
wow...*looks at blueprints for an ark*

damn this is awesome shit!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
*looks over Penni's shoulder, then pulls out MY blueprints for a freaikin Cruise ship* What do you think of THESE?

I love it, Stef.

There are new chapters up for those who haven't read any of the newer stuff from my story. Check it out and tell me what you think.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Changes, Part 2--

Julia got back into a regular routine with school and extracurricular activities after her adventure in New Haven, but a lot of her fellow classmates were wary of her. They all knew who she lived with and what she herself was capable of.

Most steered clear of her for fear of pissing her off, thinking, wrongly, that Julia was this killing machine all the time. She just wanted to be as normal as everyone else. But that usually wasn't possible.

She was two grades ahead of others her age, and the older kids didn't want to hang around with "a baby". The kids Julia's age were intimidated by her intellect and her skills with weapons. And being David Draiman's step-daughter (though he and Jordan hadn't married) just added to Julia's unhappiness at school.

Julia did the best she could with what she had to work with. She worked hard at her studies and was always at the top of her class. But not having any real friends (other than those who wanted to meet David and the band) was taking a toll on her. Jordan noticed this one afternoon about ten weeks before the babies (two girls as it would turn out) were due to arrive.

"Jules, what's wrong?" she asked as she watched Julia stare out the window.

"I'm a freak, Mom. Nobody wants to hang out with me," Julia said, distracted by something she was looking at outside.

"Why do you say that, Julia?" Jordan asked, though she probably knew the answer.

"I'm too smart for kids my age, I'm too young for kids in my classes, and they all think I'm weird. The people who do want to be friends with me all just want to use me to meet Disturbed," said Julia. "I hate going to school."

"Julia," Jordan said, "life isn't easy. We have all gone through what you're going through now. And I know being who you are, and having me and David as parents, just makes it harder. You're not a normal fourteen year old, Jules, and I know that. David knows that."

Julia was only half listening, because what she saw outside the window was not something she would normally see. There was something buried in the yard that was causing the ground to split open.

"Mom!" Julia cried; "There's a bomb in the yard. Go to the panic room now!"

"Jules, what the hell...?"

"Go!" Julia said as she turned from the window, grabbed her mother's hand and pulled her out of the living room.

"Julia, what's going on?"

"Someone means to kill us, Mom. Someone's buried a bomb in the yard."

They arrived at the panic room, went inside and locked the door. Jordan pushed the button on the wall to alert Security Forces. David was in his office on another part of the compound, and Nik had moved out into town with KateLynn. So it was just Julia and Jordan in the panic room.

Just then, there was a loud explosion that rocked the walls of the panic room violently. Jordan screamed.

After the shaking had stopped, Jordan asked Julia, "How did you know about this?"

"I was watching this spot on the ground outside, and it kept disturbing the grass and dirt around it. Finally the ground split open and I could see something buried there. And it was shaking. After a minute I realized that it could be a bomb, and that's when I told you to come here to the panic room."

"I wonder what the house looks like?" Jordan wondered aloud.

"I wonder if there IS a house?" Julia said. "That explosion was not small, Mom!"

Jordan was about to say something in response when there was banging on the door to the panic room. Someone was yelling, "Jordan! Julia! Are you okay?"

Julia and Jordan looked at each other. Morbus!

"Morbus?" Jordan yelled back, "We're okay! A little shaken, but okay!"

Jordan opened the door and Morbus did indeed stand on the other side. He was covered in dust and debris from climbing through the remains of their house to reach the panic room. Jordan didn't know what to do next, so she hugged Morbus. He was taken by surprise, but he hugged her back in response.

"David saw the explosion from the administration building and sent me over here to see if you two were okay," Morbus said.

"Had I not listened to Julia," Jordan said, "neither of us might be here to tell the tale. She just happened to be staring out the window..."

"There have been threats made against David," Morbus said. "Whoever made the threat thought that by killing those close to him, they could bring David down. The others have had similar threats, so all the Disturbed families are in danger. The yards of the other three members are being dug up. We have an idea of what the explosive device looks like, because there is now a diffused one in the Security Forces office. It came from John's yard."

Jordan looked shocked, and Julia had no discernable look on her face, Morbus noticed.

"Now what do we do?" Jordan said aloud, but inside, she was worried about what kind of world she and David were bringing their children into.

----------

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
*puts the finishing touches on my cruise ship* That should do it. This thing is proof against everything.

Holy cow! That was heavy! Keep it coming, sister! And check out the new stuff from my story.

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
WHOA fuck the ark, imma go with Disturbed1ForEternity! ....get my drink on at the bar lol

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Shall I call the US Navy and see if they have a battleship they can spare? Maybe not as luxurious as a cruise ship, but it has 16 inch guns...

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Changes, Part 3--

David made his way over to what was left of his house to get Jordan and Julia and any belongings they could salvage.

"Fucking New Army! Fucking Sarah Kathryn Hope! They can all go to fucking hell!" David muttered under his breath as he picked through the rubble. "Now you're targetting my family? FUCK YOU! I'll never surrender my belief in the way my country used to be before you assholes took it over!"

"Mom, David is really pissed off," Julia whispered to Jordan.

"The Illegals tried to kill his family, what did you expect?" Jordan replied.

"Should I go see if there's anything of mine I can save?" Julia asked.

"Yes, Jules," Jordan said. "Just be careful."

Julia went to where her bedroom once stood, now reduced to a pile of concrete, wood and insulation.

Amazingly, her dresser was virtually unscathed, though some of the things she kept on top of it were destroyed. She saw, laying on its side on the floor was a picture of her when she was about six months old, being held by Kiera San Marco. Seeing the picture, remembering what the New Army did to Kiera and Peter, made Julia angry. She still saw those images in her head when she least expected it.

Some of the clothes in the dresser drawers were okay, so she started to gather them up and put them in a box. Her pictures, keepsakes, and school books went right on top.

When she was done, she carried the box out to the back yard and sat it down with everyone else's belongings. Julia saw some items from the room that was being turned into a nursery for the twins-- clothing, toys, bedding. Then she saw her mother, huddled in a corner with David, and started to walk over to them when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't," Morbus said as Julia turned around; "They need time to discuss where you are all going for the night. Your mother is upset, understandibly. David's pissed off. He's going to give a speech tomorrow, and he needs time to think."

"Why did our enemies want to kill me and my mom? Was it really an attempt to break David?" Julia asked.

"Sadly, that's their goal. To break David down," said Morbus. "You and your mom are in danger, Julia. Had you not been a mopy teenage girl today and stared out the window, you two might not be here now."

"Yay for mopy teenage girls," said Julia sarcastically. "That doesn't make what happened here any easier for any of us."

----------

Within days, David had his family moved to a secret location within the compound that would serve as their new home until a new safe home could be built for them. Julia thought it was cool that it was mostly underground, just like the hideout that Peter San Marco built when she and her brothers were little kids.

The main entrance was a non descript building on the compound that was being used as the "home" of the Draiman/Terranova family. A series of tunnels led to the actual living quarters. There was also an escape tunnel that led to the main building on the compound where the offices of David and the rest of the band were located, in case of emergency.

It was also the place where David and Jordan would bring their twin daughters home to when they arrived in a couple of months. It was, essentually, a four bedroom, two bathroom panic room. Jordan thought that if she had to stay here for any extended length of time, she would go mad. No sunlight, no garden, no place for the children to play.

"Oh. Joy." Those were Jordan's exact words when David brought her there for the first time.

"It's only temporary until a new house could be built," David said. "We could be out of here before Julia's birthday in June."

"We're bringing the babies here?!" Jordan asked. "What are we, moles?!"

David had to admit that Jordan had a point. This was no place for their daughters, and no place for Julia either. But it was either this, or be moving targets for the Illegals. Dan had gotten intel that Julia was a target because they had learned that she, and not Morbus, had killed Karla Brinson back in October in New Haven. David felt he had to protect Jordan's daughter from harm, because no matter how good Julia was with weapons, there was always going to be someone who could kill her.

"I know this isn't the most ideal situation, Jordan," David now said; "But it won't be for long. And the fake house above us is fully furnished and stocked with everything we'll need."

"So Julia could bring friends to the house above, and they'd never know about the actual living quarters below?" Jordan asked.

"And it's sound proof, so even if the babies cry, no one above could hear them," David said.

"I hope it's really just temporary, because children should have a safe yard to play in," Jordan said.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
GET 'EM DAVID! GET 'EM!

tswmcello

tswmcello
Believer
He's pissed, I like it.

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
yeah! *plays Violence Fetish and kicks back in the loungechair atop the deck of the biggest badass cruise ship* whooo hoooo! lol

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
babygirlpj2007 wrote:yeah! *plays Violence Fetish and kicks back in the loungechair atop the deck of the biggest badass cruise ship* whooo hoooo! lol

Here's that drink you ordered.

Oh, Stef, I've got guns. I stole the specs from the Navy and made my own improvements.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Changes, Part 4--

Over the next several weeks, David made a number of speeches across the country, rallying Disturbed Ones to act and rise up against the illegitimate government's policies and death squads.

More and more people were being deemed "Undesirables" by the Illegals, even those who had supported the goverment take over. And threats against David's family continued as the Illegals declared David's brother Ben persona non grata, and the New Army had orders to shoot him on sight if he attempted to enter the country to visit his brother, even though Ben was still legally considered an American. His passport was invalidated, and getting a new one was next to impossible. If David left the country to visit Ben in Israel, he would not be allowed to return.

But the day the New Army tried to arrest the parents of Nik's finacee, KateLynn, David had had enough.

"People are being arrested and detained for no reason, and no charges are being brought against them!" David said at a recent rally. "Will we stand for this, my brothers and sisters? NO! We MUST rise up and show the Illegals that we mean business, and that our numbers are our strength. There are now more of US than there are of THEM, yet THEY are still in control of the seats of power, including President! I'm calling for free and fair elections, restoration of our historical documents, and the ouster of the illegitimate government of Sarah Kathryn Hope and her handlers!"

The crowd cheered wildly and loudly, and started chanting when David held a hand up for the crowd to allow him to continue.

"The Illegals have targeted me and my family specifically. Just last month, my own brother was declared persona non grata by the illegitimate government, so he cannot return to the country of his birth. His passport is useless, and the Illegals have made it impossible for him to get a new one.

"And a couple of days ago, the parents of my former ward's finacee were arrested, though they had done nothing wrong. We got them freed, and now are in seclusion. All because their daughter fell in love with a young man I had the privledge to raise for two years. Are we going to stand for this my brothers and sisters?"

The crowd roared, "NO! WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!"

David concluded with, "This is a message to the illegitimate government: WE WILL NOT BE DENIED! WE WILL NOT BE OVERCOME! WE WILL NEVER REST UNTIL OUR COUNTRY IS RESTORED TO ITS FORMER GLORY! GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!"

David left the stage, where Jordan was waiting for him. She had a big smile on her face.

He took her into his arms and said, "You liked the speech then?"

"David, no one can get a crowd worked up like you can! I loved the speech!" Jordan said, excitedly. "But I have even better news."

"Oh, and what might that be?"

"The clinic called while you were speaking," Jordan said. "The babies are coming! The surrogate just went into hard labor."

"But they aren't due for a couple more weeks I thought," David said.

"Her water broke, so they're coming whether we're ready for them or not," Jordan said.

"How long have we got?" David asked.

"We should go now," Jordan said. "Julia, Nik and KateLynn, and Jeremiah and Joe are already there waiting."

David grabbed Jordan by the hand and led her out to the armored Hummer. As they got inside the chauffered automobile, David thought, I get really excited pumping people up for the cause, but NOTHING is more exciting than meeting your children for the first time!

----------

He remembered that night shortly after moving into the underground safe house that he and Jordan discussed names for their daughters. Jordan decided that Gioia didn't sound right with David's surname, so she suggested the name Nicole Elizabeth. David liked it, and asked Jordan what other names she liked. Jordan suggested Kimberlin to honor Dr. Corwin, who had not only been hers and Julia's therapist, but also a friend. When David asked about a middle name, Jordan suggested her own, Michelle.

Nicole Elizabeth and Kimberlin Michelle... David really liked those names.

At that moment, as the armored Hummer entered the underground garage at the Medical Clinic, David's thoughts were on meeting his daughters, and not so much on this damn war.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Nice! David and Jordan are about to be parents! YAY! *takes a sip of my margarita then does a happy dance for David and Jordan*

tswmcello

tswmcello
Believer
:D

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Changes, Part 5--

Jordan and David greeted Julia and her brothers, and Nik's finacee, KateLynn, in the waiting room of the obstetrics clinic, awaiting the arrival of the twin daughters they were having via a surrogate.

They purposely didn't want to know anything about the surrogate, and she not know whose babies she was carrying for her own safety. All they really knew about her is that she was 28 years old, divorced with one child, and wanted to help other families have babies because she had been so blessed to have one of her own.

A nurse came in to tell the assembled group that labor was progressing normally and that the first baby's head was crowning. David and Jordan decided the older twin would be Nicole, then the next, Kimberlin.

"What color hair does she have?" This from Julia, who was really getting into the big sister stuff.

"Well, it looks like she has dark brown hair," said the nurse. "We'll know more when she's out."

Waiting for both of them to arrive was torture on the new parents to be. Every time the door leading to the delivery room opened, either Jordan or David got jumpy.

After a few hours, only David, Jordan, and Julia remained, the others going back to Nik and KateLynn's to await word.

Finally, the doctor and a nurse came out to the waiting room with two tiny bundles. Julia was the only one awake, and she rousted her mother and David awake to see their daughters at last. "The babies are here!" Julia whispered to her mother.

"Mr. Draiman, Ms. Terranova, here are your two beautiful daughters," the doctor said. "This one," he said as he handed his bundle to David, "is the first born."

David took the baby and looked at her. She was sleeping. "Nicole Elizabeth..." he whispered to her, "welcome to our world."

"And this one was the second born," the doctor said as the nurse handed Jordan the bundle she had.

"Oh look at you," Jordan said, tears brimming in her eyes, "Aren't you a gorgeous one, Kimberlin Michelle..."

Julia looked on at this, and realized that this moment is what her mother didn't get when she was born nearly fifteen years before. Julia vowed then and there that she would find the people responsible for lying to her mother, telling her that her baby had died before birth.

"Oh, and then there's this," the nurse said, handing Jordan an envelope.

"What is this?" asked Jordan as she took the envelope with her free hand.

"It's from the surrogate," the nurse said. "She asked me to give it to you when we brought your babies to you."

"Thank her for us," David said, still smitten with his first born daughter. "We are forever in her debt for making this moment happen."

"We shall," the doctor said, and he and the nurse took their leave.

David looked over at Jordan; she was talking to the little one she held. At that moment they were the happiest couple on the planet.

"Hey, Mama, you want to switch now?" David asked. "I'd like to get acquainted with Kimberlin Michelle."

"I'd like to meet Nicole Elizabeth, so it's a deal, Daddy."

They switched bundles and the cooing and talking began again.

Julia was happy for her mom and David, and was glad she stayed to see this moment between them and her new sisters. It made her wonder if she'd ever find someone she could love enough to have a child with.

But now, she was content that her mom was happy... and little sad that she had to wait fifteen years to be able to hold her newborns in her arms.

----------

After the babies were returned to the nursery for the required testing and feedings, David asked about the envelope that the nurse gave Jordan.

Jordan picked it up and opened it. She leaned over so David could read it along with her.

"How nice," David said as he kissed Jordan's forehead. "She didn't have to do that."

"I know," Jordan said. "We could never repay her for her kindness and willingness to help make our family happen."

"Maybe we can tell Julia our little secret now," David whispered, noticing Julia asleep on one of the sofas in the waiting room.

"Let her get some sleep, David," Jordan said. "Our secret's waited four weeks. It can wait another few hours."

----------

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
*blows the horn on my cruise ship* WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT SECRET?!

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
you're just going to have to wait...

Damn that horn is loud! *covers ears*

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Awwww, damn! I wanna know the secret. Hurry with the next installment or I'll blow the horn again.

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
sonofabitch! i gotta know what the secret is! what is it? what is it? lol

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I'm working on it, okay? LOL

Should be posted around noon CDT...

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
WHAT'S THE FUCKING SECRET???

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
There is a reason this section is called "Changes"...

----------

Changes, Part 6--

Jordan woke Julia up for the trip back to the underground safe house.

"Where are the babies?" Julia asked as they started to leave. "Don't they get to come home with us?"

"They have tests and stuff they have to have done first," David said. "Then tomorrow we can bring them home."

"We have papers to sign, too, Jules," Jordan said. "Because we essentially have to adopt our own children. The surrogate is listed as legal parent, so we have to make that transition before Nicole and Kimberlin can come home."

"But their birth certificates will list you as their parents after that, right?" Julia asked.

"Yes," David said. "We'll never see the original birth certificates, because they'll be destroyed after the new ones listing your mom and me as the twins parents are filed with the appropriate agency."

"Oh." was all Julia said.

----------

After allowing Julia to rest after spending all day and all night at the clinic, David invited his former wards to the house. They all arrived together, along with KateLynn, about two hours later.

When everyone was settled, Jordan and David had some things to tell everyone.

"Now that you're all here, we have a few announcements to make," Jordan said, the smile on her face was a mile wide.

"First of all, since some of you left yesterday before the big event, we wanted to announce the arrivals of Nicole Elizabeth and Kimberlin Michelle Draiman, who arrived late last night," David said.

"Kimberlin..." Nik said; "Wasn't that Dr. Corwin's first name?"

"Yes, it was," Jordan said. "I wanted to honor her because she was my friend way back in the early days of the Disturbed Ones, long before she became my, and later Julia's, therapist. And Nicole was a name I'd always liked, and David agreed."

"How much did they weigh?" asked KateLynn.

"Nicole was four pounds, seven ounces; and Kimberlin was four pounds, four ounces," Jordan said. "And they were both eighteen and a half inches long."

"Isn't that kind of small?" Julia asked.

"Not for twins usually," her mother said. "They'll get bigger, Jules. Promise."

"So they won't be little runts like me," Julia said. At five foot three, Julia was just about done growing.

"You're not a runt, Jules," Jeremiah said. "Good things come in small packages."

"Yeah, so does dynamite!" Nik replied, laughing.

"Okay, okay, enough you guys," David said, "if we could please get back to the subject at hand..."

Everyone settled down, then Jordan answered Julia's question. "Since neither David or I are very tall... certainly not six footers like you boys, the babies might be small for their age, and they might not. All of my brothers are well over six feet tall, but my mother was about Julia's height. I'm only a couple of inches over that."

"And my family is just short, period," David said, laughing.

"When are the babies coming home?" KateLynn asked.

"Tomorrow, after all the tests and other issues are taken care of," Jordan said. "However..." She looked over at David, and he nodded for her to go ahead; "David and I have something else to share."

"What?" Joe asked.

"You're not planning on having more babies, are you?" Nik asked.

"We haven't ruled it out," Jordan said, "but that's not what we have to share."

"Well," Julia asked, "What is it?"

She saw David take a huge breath, then pull Jordan to his side. Julia had no idea what they were going to announce.

"I'd ask you to sit if you weren't already seated," David started.

"Quit stalling, you guys! What is it?" Jeremiah asked.

"We'd like to announce that four weeks ago," David said, "Jordan and I got married."

The room went silent.

----------

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com