Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Empty Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Mon 26 Apr 2010, 20:15

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I've written poetry most of my life, and for a while, I stopped because I was too busy with school, kids, life, etc.

This is something that I wrote recently. This is the first time in a while I've posted poems on the internet, so please be kind.

CONTROL FREAK

Why you trying to change me?
Why can't you accept me as I am?
I'm not like you, I've never been like you
And no matter how hard or how bad you want it
I will never bend to your will.
You can berate me, beat me, shun me, hate me
I will not change myself to suit you
I will fight you, battle you, spill my blood
To live my life my way

Why you trying to fuck me over, screw with my mind
Berate me and belittle me,
To get me to behave the way you want me to?
I will not conform to your reality, control freak,
Because your reality is a lie based on lies.
Why can't you accept me the way I am?
And why must you say, "my way or no way"?

I've had enough of your threats and your lies.
You've cause me a great deal of pain, and I
Am through with your bullshit facade
Get out of my face!
Get out of my life!
Forever! Be gone!
I've learned to stand on my own again
And I don't fuckin' need you any more...

(I'll post more as I have them to post...)

2Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Empty Re: Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Sat 01 May 2010, 17:03

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
It's Killing Me!

I've got it bad, baby
and I don't know what to do;
how to act, how to speak.
I manage to make a fool of myself on a daily basis,
because I am having trouble
keeping it all inside me,
until the proper time
(which I know will never come)
and it's killing me!
I'm scared to mess this up, to ruin this good thing;
My insecurities will out me and I'll blurt it out at
the entirely wrong time, and
that you will be horrified by my indiscretion
because...

I am hopelessly in love with you
and you are not mine to have.

And it's killing me.

3Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Empty Re: Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Sat 03 Jul 2010, 08:30

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
Girl you got a talent that could make some serious money plus an incredible therapeutic outlet...thats badass! I am a writer as well, have written a few but I dont think I can compare to what I have read from you on this thread or your amazing story...not that I wont try, but Im so intrigued by your and Disturbed1ForEternity's story that I cant write one right now...lol

4Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Empty Re: Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Sat 03 Jul 2010, 19:39

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Those are good, girl! I love them!

5Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Empty Re: Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Sun 04 Jul 2010, 02:44

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
hey i dont know if youve ever thought about it but they could be great songs. When i first read those i thought of those poems as lyrics in my head lol!

6Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Empty Re: Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Sun 04 Jul 2010, 03:11

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I thought the same thing, 4everDisturbed. Those WOULD be awesome as songs.

7Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Empty Re: Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Thu 08 Jul 2010, 00:59

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
4everDisturbed wrote:hey i dont know if youve ever thought about it but they could be great songs. When i first read those i thought of those poems as lyrics in my head lol!

Disturbed1forEternity wrote:I thought the same thing, 4everDisturbed. Those WOULD be awesome as songs.

That's how I've always written my poetry. As if they could be song lyrics. I get a rhythm in my head and write to that. It's kind of hard to explain. I've been writing since I was old enough to hold a pencil, so most of my life. But now, I actually have a good body of life experiences to draw from.

Thanks for the props! Maybe when I get done with my fan fic, I'll post more poems.

8Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Empty Re: Poetry by GuiltyPleasures Wed 01 Sep 2010, 00:34

Remiel

Stricken
And maybe you could take up playing an instrument and make some very learned and awesome songs. Reading these sure as hell made me want to go write some lyrics, but I suck at it. Fortunately you and other poets here on the forum are inspiring me to take a crack at it anyway, so I just may.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com