Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 17:20

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chicago hard rockers DISTURBED are in the studio putting the finishing touches on a new album, entitled "Asylum". The release is the follow-up to the band's 2008 platinum CD, "Indestructible", which spawned the Active Rock smash single "Inside the Fire".

"Asylum" will be released by Reprise Records in late summer.

As with "Indestructible", DISTURBED is self-producing "Asylum", which the band began writing in September 2009 and recording in February of this year. Frontman David Draiman describes it as "still identifiably DISTURBED, but showing more maturation. We feel this is one of the strongest bodies of work we've ever put together. It definitely goes in familiar areas, but with new levels of precision and skill."

2Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 18:06

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
EPic namee

3Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 18:35

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
Thats fucking cool.

4Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 18:36

Conker

Conker
The Animal
Cool title, but they always rip on Disturbed with the comments over there.

5Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 19:26

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Nice title, but I was hoping for something stronger.

6Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 19:34

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I liked the line about the album isn't about puppy dogs and rainbows...that made me laugh!

I like the name. So let me buy the damn CD already!

7Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 19:52

lordtyson

lordtyson
Stupified
knew it would end up being title

8Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 19:53

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
Bound2Fate wrote:Nice title, but I was hoping for something stronger.
like what?
asylum definition : 3. An institution for the protection or relief of some class of destitute, unfortunate, or afflicted persons; as, an asylum for the aged, for the blind, or for the insane; a lunatic asylum; an orphan asylum. [1913 Webster]

Isint that strong enough?

9Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 20:01

Darkking

Darkking
Asylum
i dont like it

10Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 20:03

ADisturbed0ne

ADisturbed0ne
Stupified
It's strong in the sense that it fits Disturbed's theme. Cool name, but I have to agree with Bound2Fate on this one.

Hope they got heavier this time around, David's screaming on some parts on the Indestructible album could make out to be a good song if he does it right. I dont want their sound getting softer.

11Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 21:20

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
It sounds kinda cliche to me. Disturbed people are put in disturbed asylums. lol I had a feeling it was gonna be called Asylum after I saw that clip of them tracking the drums for it.

12Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty ASYLUM??? Wed 21 Apr 2010, 21:35

The Disturbed Fan

The Disturbed Fan
Stupified
Does anyone know what this album could mean? I do have some thoughts and if anyone wants to add, please comment.

I think asylum from where I am coming from has to do with Censorship. What I mean by that is, in the times we live in if someone were to speak their minds, and if what they were saying was not considered mainstream or could cause someone to be thrown out of power (politicians), or speaks out about a corporation making $$$$$$$ on a corrupt deal, and so on. To the point you are declared crazy, or insane for either speaking your mind or worse THE TRUTH. By speaking, whoever is in power will silence your voice and anyone who speaks out will be placed in an ASYLUM.

Anyone got anything else to add?

13Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 21:49

Conker

Conker
The Animal
Yay it's official on the site.

14Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 21:56

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
sounds pretty badass to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\m/\m/

15Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 21:58

TheOneYouForsaken

TheOneYouForsaken
Loading The Weapon
The name is weird but I was having a bullshit day and this just made it better

TIME FOR A DANCING DAVID Dancing David WOO

16Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Wed 21 Apr 2010, 23:08

The Disturbed Fan

The Disturbed Fan
Stupified
They only sold One million records with indestructible? I thought they would AT LEAST go double platnium.

17Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Thu 22 Apr 2010, 05:59

boozehound

boozehound
Believer
Excellent news. I can nearly picture the album cover, The Guy or the band in a straitjacket or escapin from an asylum.
Cant wait for the first single, its gonna blow our minds explosive

18Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Thu 22 Apr 2010, 10:57

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
Well.....I can't say I love it..David was saying he was angsty,so maybe this was his way of showing his inner insane "ASYLUM".....okay I'm only kidding .Lol

19Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty No way......... Thu 22 Apr 2010, 16:16

penchant4violence

penchant4violence
........can I wait until late summer for the album!!!! Dammit! I guess I'll just have to keep listening to what I have until I can get my hands on the new album. Super psyched for this!!!!!

20Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Thu 22 Apr 2010, 23:32

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Macrious wrote:They only sold One million records with indestructible? I thought they would AT LEAST go double platnium.

The Sickness went triple platinum, and all the others only platinum.

21Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Fri 23 Apr 2010, 00:00

The Disturbed Fan

The Disturbed Fan
Stupified
Bound2Fate wrote:
Macrious wrote:They only sold One million records with indestructible? I thought they would AT LEAST go double platnium.

In the Indestructible trailer they said they have sold over 10 million copies. Platnium is one million and by your count they are down by 5 million records not including Indestructible.

22Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Fri 23 Apr 2010, 00:30

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Macrious wrote:
Bound2Fate wrote:

In the Indestructible trailer they said they have sold over 10 million copies. Platnium is one million and by your count they are down by 5 million records not including Indestructible.

You have to include singles CD Special Edition and Limited Edition Albums and Albums from other country's. So yes they have sold over 10 million albums.

23Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Fri 23 Apr 2010, 01:38

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I guess I'm referring to just in the US...but I'm probably wrong though lol.

24Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Fri 23 Apr 2010, 03:06

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
"Asylum" could also refer to someone taking refuge from some place...

asylum –noun
1.(esp. formerly) an institution for the maintenance and care of the mentally ill, orphans, or other persons requiring specialized assistance.

2.an inviolable refuge, as formerly for criminals and debtors; sanctuary: He sought asylum in the church.

3.International Law.
a.a refuge granted an alien by a sovereign state on its own territory.
b.a temporary refuge granted political offenders, esp. in a foreign embassy.

4.any secure retreat.

So maybe by the band naming their album "Asylum" that the themes could be seeking refuge from those who wish to control us somehow...

It's just something I have been thinking about...

25Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Empty Re: Disturbed Album titled ASYLUM Fri 23 Apr 2010, 09:30

Post Orgasmic Chill

Post Orgasmic Chill
One of The Ten Thousand
Meh.
I think they could have come up with something else.
To me, ASYLUM...too easy.

They could have something with more depth and power. IMO.
I'll still get the cd tho.Duh. Lol.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com