Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disturbed Morbus Rising Forum Review Empty Disturbed Morbus Rising Forum Review Fri 05 Feb 2010, 07:54

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Congratulations! Your free forum review has been completed. The forum review will hold many tips, suggestions, comments, and feedback that's convenient and voluntary for your forum. Here is your forum review:

Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 15/20): Forum looked cool when I looked at it first and then I saw okay there
isn't anything special going on around here. The categories are all
together which should be into different categories to make it easier to
look for what is needed. You need to put more images on the forum to bring out what you have. Dark stuff with more dark stuff don't work that great.
2. Categories & Forums (Score: 7/10): You have all the topics in one section. I would split them up into categories so members can find what they need easier and post faster. I don't like forums that have everything into one it looks like they did everything really fast and don't care about anything.

Generalities total :: 22/30

Forum Style

1. Major Graphics (Score: 9/10):
Banner Banner is good! Tells about your forum really nice. I would remove the words at the bottom of the banner not the words that are with the banner but below Disturbed. Because you already know what the forum is.
Navigation Bar Can't really comment on this since there isn't any picture on them.
2. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 10/10): Color is good for the forum and for a music group. I don't see what is
needed to change it at all.
3. Images & Icons (Score: 8/10): You really need some images by your section or something because the forum doesn't look so good without images. You have something that is pointing to a section but you can't figure what it is. Is it a hand or something?

Forum Style total 27 /30

Usergroups

1. Population of Groups (Score: 10/10): Groups are good and don't need anything removed but that chatbox
moderator. I will say why below in the staff/User Groups
2. Staff Groups / User Groups (Score: 8/10): You really need the chatbox moderators group? I don't think its really needed plus it can be hidden without color. You can also try and make it so that you have a list in a topic telling users who is a chatbox moderator. Other than that everything is good Smile

Usergroups :: 18/20

Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score: 10/10): 27299 messages for 1026 users is not bad at all for a fan page of a
music group. Keep it up I'm sure you will have a lot more by the end of
each month.
2. Users Active (Score: 8/10): You have a lot of users on the pass 72 hours. But I would really change the who's online to 48 hours to get a good idea of who is online the most and who is active. I would still try and promote your forum on Twitter about news of whats going on. Get a Fan Page on Facebook and maybe a page on MySpace. If you have no done so go to Google, Bing and Yahoo and submit your forum to get your forum on the search engine.

Forum Activity total :: 18/20

Would you like to share your review on your forum, on another forum, or with your friends? Then here you go... grab the code!

Code:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Disturbed Morbus Rising

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Congratulations! Your free forum review has been completed. The forum review will hold many tips, suggestions, comments, and feedback that's convenient and voluntary for your forum. Here is your forum review:
Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 15/20): Forum looked cool when I looked at it first and then I saw okay there
    isn't anything special going on around here. The categories are all
    together which should be into different categories to make it easier to
    look for what is needed. You need to put more images on the forum to bring out what you have. Dark stuff with more dark stuff don't work that great.
  2. Categories & Forums (Score: 7/10): You have all the topics in one section. I would split them up into categories so members can find what they need easier and post faster. I don't like forums that have everything into one it looks like they did everything really fast and don't care about anything.

Generalities total :: 22/30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Forum Style

1. Major Graphics (Score: 9/10):
    Banner Banner is good! Tells about your forum really nice. I would remove the words at the bottom of the banner not the words that are with the banner but below Disturbed. Because you already know what the forum is.
    Navigation Bar Can't really comment on this since there isn't any picture on them.
  2. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 10/10): Color is good for the forum and for a music group. I don't see what is
    needed to change it at all.
  3. Images & Icons (Score: 8/10): You really need some images by your section or something because the forum doesn't look so good without images. You have something that is pointing to a section but you can't figure what it is. Is it a hand or something?

Forum Style total :: /30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Usergroups

1. Population of Groups (Score: 10/10): Groups are good and don't need anything removed but that chatbox
    moderator. I will say why below in the staff/User Groups
  2. Staff Groups / User Groups (Score: 8/10): You really need the chatbox moderators group? I don't think its really needed plus it can be hidden without color. You can also try and make it so that you have a list in a topic telling users who is a chatbox moderator. Other than that everything is good :)

Usergroups :: 18/20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score: 10/10): 27299 messages for 1026 users is not bad at all for a fan page of a
    music group. Keep it up I'm sure you will have a lot more by the end of
    each month.
  2. Users Active (Score: 8/10): You have a lot of users on the pass 72 hours. But I would really change the who's online to 48 hours to get a good idea of who is online the most and who is active. I would still try and promote your forum on Twitter about news of whats going on. Get a Fan Page on Facebook and maybe a page on MySpace. If you have no done so go to Google, Bing and Yahoo and submit your forum to get your forum on the search engine.

Forum Activity total :: 18/20

Ok It was a good review for the Forum but the only thing that bothered me was that he said try and promote on twitter, Facebook and Myspace as you guys know we have them all and you can go to those pages by clicking them here so it is like he didn't really look at it all or he would have seen those pages but Overall i am glad with the review.

Last edited by CrowX on Fri 05 Feb 2010, 08:57; edited 1 time in total

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
i am it was a bit unfair about the myspace thing we put alot of work into promoting this forum its just lazy that he dint see that we do promote our site

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
it's not a bad review, no major changes needed :)

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
Really good review. Shame he didn't see that it is promoted on myspace and twitter.

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
More than one search engine is big bucks to use.....you don't get those free! Also Mike you told me if you wanted to add extras to expand this forum ,it cost money....ok anyone who reads this I think that review was poor...and considering what you have to work with,you did very well.This is something to consider...to add extras or search engines why not ask members for small donations as the forum grows...so will your ideas grow for the forum and you will have some cash flow....just an idea down the road.I will donate....this forum is worth it.

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Dawn_Cato wrote:More than one search engine is big bucks to use.....you don't get those free! Also Mike you told me if you wanted to add extras to expand this forum ,it cost money....ok anyone who reads this I think that review was poor...and considering what you have to work with,you did very well.This is something to consider...to add extras or search engines why not ask members for small donations as the forum grows...so will your ideas grow for the forum and you will have some cash flow....just an idea down the road.I will donate....this forum is worth it.

No Dawn i will never do that this is for the fans of Disturbed will never ask for money and we don't need it we have a whole bunch of search engines that have us the point is that guys review wasn't to good he missed alot of things we passed yes but we should have gotten a better score because of his laziness we didn't

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
i agree this site is kickass cause we worked hard on it it is lazyness really

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
we must be the biggest disturbed forum around so we just need to maintain our level of success and make sure that new members as well as current members feel welcome and know how good this forum is.

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
Very Kool! Its good to see this good review and not have any major problems, props to you Raven and Crow as always. And the community, if it wasn't for you guys, none of this would be real...well it might be just not very well known! :)

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
i like the new entrance to the homepage. who needs disturbed1.com when we got this forum!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com