Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Fuzz or Moyer?

John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty40%John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty 40% [ 10 ]
John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty60%John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty Re: John Moyer or Fuzz? Mon 15 Mar 2010, 18:12

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I liked Fuzz better. His bass playing actually stands out from the rest of the song. John's playing just blends in and I don't really hear it. Also I'm pretty sure the bass lines on Perfect Insanity are written by Fuzz, not John even though he plays it on Instructible...its still the same song from when Fuzz was in the band minus the solo. The same goes for Divide.

27John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty Re: John Moyer or Fuzz? Mon 15 Mar 2010, 18:44

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Bound2Fate wrote:I liked Fuzz better. His bass playing actually stands out from the rest of the song. John's playing just blends in and I don't really hear it. Also I'm pretty sure the bass lines on Perfect Insanity are written by Fuzz, not John even though he plays it on Instructible...its still the same song from when Fuzz was in the band minus the solo. The same goes for Divide.

Yeah the Bass lines were written by fuzz but john bass is killer on Divide.

28John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty Re: John Moyer or Fuzz? Mon 15 Mar 2010, 19:16

Remiel

Stricken
CrowX wrote:
Bound2Fate wrote:I liked Fuzz better. His bass playing actually stands out from the rest of the song. John's playing just blends in and I don't really hear it. Also I'm pretty sure the bass lines on Perfect Insanity are written by Fuzz, not John even though he plays it on Instructible...its still the same song from when Fuzz was in the band minus the solo. The same goes for Divide.

Yeah the Bass lines were written by fuzz but john bass is killer on Divide.

I think the limited edition DVD of Indestructible would disagree with you. This says John did the bass himself on these songs. I will research this and get back to you.

Also, my vote is for John. I can see he has just as much talent as Fuzz when actually looking at tableture and playing their songs on Rock Band. John just doesn't stand out as much because he is a pick player and doesn't do fancy finger tricks like slaps and pops that Fuzz did. I know these things, I'm a bassist.

29John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty Re: John Moyer or Fuzz? Mon 15 Mar 2010, 21:05

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Well that bass solo sounds the same on the Perfect Insanity demo which Fuzz was on and the new version on Indestructible. That's were I came up with my opinion on that.

30John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty Re: John Moyer or Fuzz? Mon 15 Mar 2010, 21:14

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
I liked the really prominent bass sound of The Sickness.

31John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty Re: John Moyer or Fuzz? Mon 15 Mar 2010, 23:09

disturbedlepgirl

disturbedlepgirl
Loading The Weapon
JOhn all the way, just because I play bass alittle and honestly like the way he plays.

32John Moyer or Fuzz? - Page 2 Empty Re: John Moyer or Fuzz? Tue 16 Mar 2010, 11:42

kr0w93

kr0w93
Asylum
I liked Fuzz better. His bass playing actually stands out from the rest of the song. John's playing just blends in and I don't really hear it. Also I'm pretty sure the bass lines on Perfect Insanity are written by Fuzz, not John even though he plays it on Instructible...its still the same song from when Fuzz was in the band minus the solo. The same goes for Divide.

Perfect Insanity was actually one of their first songs written I believe. They just redid it for Indestructible.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com