no woods stompbox DID DISTURBED STEAL THIS?! SOUNDS JUST LIKE DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Monster666

Stricken
not the whole song but the one riff around the beggining sounds exactly like down with the sickness. WTF! this was in 1994.

View user profile
I wouldn't say Disturbed stole it. Every band in one way, shape or form is influenced by another. You look at bands like Metallica and Megadeth who are both heavily influenced by Black Sabbath and then when you move to present day bands like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold are heavily influenced by Megadeth and Metallica. Many people complain about bands using material from other bands before them but it won't stop anytime soon nor should it, you need to stay true to your influences that brought you to the dance so to speak, that's why there can be alot of references from the sickness to early work done by Korn, possibly one of Disturbed's biggest influences to date. So in the end people will tell you that it's stolen but you can't copyright a riff, end of story.

View user profile

Post Orgasmic Chill

One of The Ten Thousand
FreakOnALeash wrote:I wouldn't say Disturbed stole it. Every band in one way, shape or form is influenced by another. You look at bands like Metallica and Megadeth who are both heavily influenced by Black Sabbath and then when you move to present day bands like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold are heavily influenced by Megadeth and Metallica. Many people complain about bands using material from other bands before them but it won't stop anytime soon nor should it, you need to stay true to your influences that brought you to the dance so to speak, that's why there can be alot of references from the sickness to early work done by Korn, possibly one of Disturbed's biggest influences to date. So in the end people will tell you that it's stolen but you can't copyright a riff, end of story.

I second this and very well put Ben.

View user profile

S.M.F

Eye of the Storm
I don't think disturbed stole it. They were just influenced by it.

View user profile

killswitch72

Disturbed One
Very similar in sound but thats it.

View user profile

DYLANPCRIDDLE

One of The Ten Thousand
it is a very similiar riff, but its not the first time ive heard very similiar riffs between bands. i toss this up to coincedental.

View user profile

CrowX

Administrator
Wow it is very similar but no way Disturbed stole this just coincedence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CrowX
Administrator
View user profile
disturbed is totaly orignal thay dont steel music

View user profile
Disturbed had no idea about that other Disturbed from the 80's, so they've probably never heard this song.

View user profile

Bowers

Immortalized
if anyone believes disturbed stole this then you could say that HIm stole their rift for kiss of dawn from the disturbed song mistress

Him - kiss of dawn
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

disturbed - mistress

View user profile

ryan123

Stupified
holy that does sound like mistress

View user profile

DYLANPCRIDDLE

One of The Ten Thousand
we should find more stuff like this

e.g.

All That Remains - This Calling
right before the ending it uses the exact same riff as the end of

Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver

View user profile

Conker

The Animal
Wow Mistress one is cool

View user profile
It's actually really cool, to see how music from different bands is alike and stuff.

View user profile

15 Stompbox - No Woods (DWTS RIFF) on Mon 19 Jul 2010, 10:49

ThePlague

Eye of the Storm
So yeah, disturbed stole this riff :D

View user profile

kr0w93

Asylum
Post Orgasmic Chill wrote:
FreakOnALeash wrote:I wouldn't say Disturbed stole it. Every band in one way, shape or form is influenced by another. You look at bands like Metallica and Megadeth who are both heavily influenced by Black Sabbath and then when you move to present day bands like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold are heavily influenced by Megadeth and Metallica. Many people complain about bands using material from other bands before them but it won't stop anytime soon nor should it, you need to stay true to your influences that brought you to the dance so to speak, that's why there can be alot of references from the sickness to early work done by Korn, possibly one of Disturbed's biggest influences to date. So in the end people will tell you that it's stolen but you can't copyright a riff, end of story.

I second this and very well put Ben.

If Disturbed "stole" that riff, than I'm gonna go ahead and steal credit for this post since my name is Ben. :P

Bottomline is, his name's Ben; I've never met the dude. I'm jumping on the coincidence bandwagon.

View user profile
The singer from Brawl hung out with Stompbox in Boston. He played their CD for Dan & he borrowed it. That kind of makes it less coincidental.

View user profile

Disturbed1forEternity

God of the Mind
To what purpose would Disturbed steal a riff from anyone? This almost sounds like the bullshit from the early nineties where Vanilla Ice was accused of stealing a beat for "Ice, Ice, Baby". Come on folks, let's be reasonable here.

View user profile

Yumiyuri

Immortalized
I agree with everyone else here, it's just a coincidence.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Make a forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com