Art of Dying

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Art of Dying on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 00:21

This band is probably most known here for touring with Disturbed on the Indestructible Canadian run (1 and 2). They toured with Seether previously (they recorded Die Trying with Shaun Morgan)

Their music is good for both soft, feel-good or dark and gloomy. Jonny Hetherington has a good voice, and his lyrics are pretty deep. Dan Donegan likes them.

Their most well known song is Get Through This.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My favorite songs are Completly, Inside It's Raining, You Don't Know Me and Fists of Clarity (I like the entire album, though).

View user profile

2 Re: Art of Dying on Sat 28 Nov 2009, 19:31

S.M.F

Eye of the Storm
Vocals sound like Nickleback. Get through this is a good song. A really good band. I bet they would sound good live.

View user profile

3 Re: Art of Dying on Tue 01 Dec 2009, 13:40

Big news for AOD. They've just signed a major record deal with Reprise/Intoxication records. It seems Disturbed liked them enough to bring them under their wing. This makes AOD the first band to be signed with Intoxication records (Disturbed's personal label). They're going to be working on their next album under producer Howard Benson.

The little Vancouver band that could is no longer independant.

“I’d never seen a band with the same work ethic and hunger as Disturbed until I met Art of Dying. These guys live music 24/7. They are non-stop, 100 percent committed to their music and their fans. They have a way of connecting and interacting with a crowd not only onstage but off as well. They are regular down-to-earth guys who love what they do and it shows.” - Dan Donegan.

View user profile

4 Re: Art of Dying on Wed 02 Dec 2009, 00:33

Bound2Fate

Meh, they sound generic to me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
View user profile

5 Re: Art of Dying on Wed 02 Dec 2009, 09:34

S.M.F

Eye of the Storm
Thats fucking awesome that disturbed accepted them into their own personal label. Can't wait for a new album.

View user profile

6 Re: Art of Dying on Tue 26 Jan 2010, 22:02

I was reading the AOD newsleter, saying they were close to putting the finishing touches on the new album, and it said they were getting a few guest vocalists for the work ("Can you guess who they are?").

They've already worked with Shaun Morgan so it probably isn't him. The bassist is cousins with Adam Gontier from Three Days Grace, expect he's on tour. On the other hand, David has been on vacation from the time since they've been signed to now. Who knows...

View user profile

7 Re: Art of Dying on Sun 04 Apr 2010, 07:16

Saw them when they opened for Disturbed along with Skindred and All That Remains in Toronto last May. My opinion, they sucked ass man. Skindred was wicked, so was All That Remains, and Disturbed goes without saying, but Art of Dying was weak man.

Last edited by disturbed_phreak_666 on Sun 04 Apr 2010, 07:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

View user profile

8 Re: Art of Dying on Fri 04 Feb 2011, 18:25

They just released a new song on their Facebook page called "Whole World's Crazy". You can really hear the Disturbed influence in this one.

View user profile

9 Re: Art of Dying on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 04:25

Dawn_Cato

Global Moderator
WickedKnightAlbel wrote:They just released a new song on their Facebook page called "Whole World's Crazy". You can really hear the Disturbed influence in this one.

This song is white hot

View user profile

10 Re: Art of Dying on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 05:58

PoisonIvy

Haunted
^ this last song is definitely hot!

and you can definitely hear the disturbed influence, yes

if the whole album sounds like that, i'll surely listen to it

View user profile

11 Re: Art of Dying on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 03:21

Now that the album's out, thought I'd post most of the material. I've been really digging it despite all the re-recordings of old songs.

Get Thru This
Sorry
Completely
You Don't Know Me
Raining feat. Adam Gontier (Three Days Grace)
Best I Can
Straight Across My Mind
Breathe Again (iTunes bonus)
Watching You Watching Me (iTunes bonus; originally titled "Fists of Clarity")

Also, Die Trying got a video.

View user profile

12 Re: Art of Dying on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 09:09

Monster666

Stricken
i don't know it just dosn't grab me. not something i would bother putting on my ipod

View user profile

13 Re: Art of Dying on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 22:29

I like them. And they kick ass live they can get a crowd moving. Let them get a few more albums out, they will get good airtime.

View user profile

14 Re: Art of Dying Today at 16:20

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum