david's voice weakened?


You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 david's voice weakened? on Mon 24 Aug 2009, 02:30

guys, after watching some youtube vids, (hope yall know david had deviated septum surgery i no its OLD news, had to mention it anyway lol)

it might be my own idea, but i kinda feel we lost a part of David's voice thanks to that surgery...

before surgery:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

after surgery
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and you know how to browse youtube for further examples, besides the 2nd song being fucking hard to sing and both songs being different from each other i still belive he lost a part of his kickass voice, and dont point out the vid quality is shit on the night cos i already know it and still think it had to sound better...

i dont know that much about disturbed members but dont spit at me, that doesn't stop me from making them my favorite band of all times... i dunno what ya ppl think of my taste, but im one of those guys who listens to a single band all day all days(guess which one?? xD) with some others from time to time but to me those are more likely fillers when im not listening Disturbed haha i even got the same lip pearcings than dave because it looks so badass and i can be sure i wont see anyone else with those while walking on the street lmao

why do i like them? the instruments alone got me into it but after reading the lyrics for each song that made me realyze it wasnt just another band.

PD: the band still kicks so much ass, just had to point that out.


EDIT: awwww fuck i posted on the wrong place, it would kick ass if an admin moved this to the right place :D tyvm

View user profile

2 Re: david's voice weakened? on Mon 24 Aug 2009, 02:56

Hoemmed


Dehumanized
Rofl, i was there in the Helsinki and that video you just posted wont bring the justice for original performance. David havent lost anything on hes voice, i just dont understand why he has to sing too high all the time, hes low voice is amazing but he still sings too high pitched. Wish i could talk to david sometime and ask WHY.

View user profile

3 Re: david's voice weakened? on Mon 24 Aug 2009, 03:08

wow man you got the fucking point and explained it better than me, why sing that high?? his low voice has proven to kick ass, but dunno mby he gets just too agitated live because hes becoming fat and runs out of air xD

but what about the other songs that no longer sound the same? look for an old prayer video and then for a newer one, mby we r going to the same conclusion of dave singing too high for an unknown reason... we can only wonder

View user profile

4 Re: david's voice weakened? on Mon 24 Aug 2009, 07:46

Lazarus12


Believer
I was wondering this too, I am absolutly furious that he got into an accident >.< Was I blown away by MAAW4 bootlegs? Hell to the yes, but I miss the way he used to do his little sounds and screeched, he sounds like he's in pain :(

View user profile

5 Re: david's voice weakened? on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 16:26

DYLANPCRIDDLE


One of The Ten Thousand
I saw him live and listened to the bootlegs. He hasnt lost anything.

View user profile

6 Re: david's voice weakened? on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 16:49

Hoemmed


Dehumanized
Yep , he havent lost anything but he is still singing too high.

View user profile

7 Re: david's voice weakened? on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 17:29

Stricken_Mistress


Inside The Fire
There are few BIG differences I noticed when watching both of those videos. First of all, they are totally different songs from totally different record cycles. Second, the first video is a high quality, professionally shot video and the second is decent quality, fan produced. That alone will throw the sound off because the camara isn't wired into the sound system.

And, I see nothing wrong with the "higher pitched" singing. When they were writting the second album, Believe, David mentioned that he wanted to do more "singing" and have a less "hard" edge. I think that they brought back the edge in Ten Thousand Fists and Indestructible. But, they also kept the talent in the "singing" aspect. I love the new sound. Just my opinion.

And, David is not getting "fat". He's just built larger now. He has more muscle. Again, just my opinion.



Last edited by Stricken_Mistress on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 17:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

View user profile

8 Re: david's voice weakened? on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 17:56

Hoemmed


Dehumanized

And, David is not getting "fat". He's just built larger now. He has more muscle. Again, just my opinion.

True, that was JUST and only an opinion :D

View user profile

9 Re: david's voice weakened? on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 18:14

Lazarus12


Believer
No way, in the non homosexualest way possible, I think David Draiman is a very attractive dude and deserves the legions of girls that follow him :D Do I love his voice either way? Hell yes! But I just wish he sang lower once in a while, but I remeber listening to the old Sickness from MAAW1. He could hit those noises perfectly...now it sound like he is pain...but when I listened to Remember from the MAAW4 bootleg I said to myself "He lost his voice?" just an opinion of mine.
Long live David Draiman and long live Disturbed

View user profile

10 Re: david's voice weakened? on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 22:11

Morbid Spawn


One of The Ten Thousand
Hmm, I've read all the comments, And I can understand the frustration about his voice going high and sometimes I wonder to, but in the end they still put on a great show, but part of the reason he sings so high is because of how hard it is to sing so low, When I try to sing low it hurts after a while, my throat will be sore the next day and all scratched, and singing high hurts to, so I can imagine the position hes in, And his breathing techniques are some cause of it to, plus experience, IMO we shouldn't judge weather he cant breathe properly or not, because he sings in a band, and we don't. And No hes not fat. The surgery did hurt Davids voice, but the band came back with, Awesome instrumental music, and good fast and slow beat tempos to keep you rocking all day long.
"it might be my own idea, but i kinda feel we lost a part of David's voice thanks to that surgery..." Xanthegreat. I know what you mean, And yes you can tell a difference in his voice from before/after, but the bottom line is, he still trys, and as long as hes trying to be the best he can then, fuck yeah all the power to him.

After Reading all the post, I am 50/50, Yes we lost a part of Davids voice, but not entirely to a point were he doesn't sound anything like he did, on the other hand they make up for it Instrumentally.
LONG LIVE DISTURBED
The Guy

View user profile

11 Re: david's voice weakened? on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 22:21

Lazarus12


Believer
Its not that I ahte his new voice, it sounds more meaningful PLUS he sounds different than on the CD which I think is a plus so it s a whole different experience

View user profile

12 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 02:10

Morbid Spawn wrote:Hmm, I've read all the comments, And I can understand the frustration about his voice going high and sometimes I wonder to, but in the end they still put on a great show, but part of the reason he sings so high is because of how hard it is to sing so low, When I try to sing low it hurts after a while, my throat will be sore the next day and all scratched, and singing high hurts to, so I can imagine the position hes in, And his breathing techniques are some cause of it to, plus experience, IMO we shouldn't judge weather he cant breathe properly or not, because he sings in a band, and we don't. And No hes not fat. The surgery did hurt Davids voice, but the band came back with, Awesome instrumental music, and good fast and slow beat tempos to keep you rocking all day long.
"it might be my own idea, but i kinda feel we lost a part of David's voice thanks to that surgery..." Xanthegreat. I know what you mean, And yes you can tell a difference in his voice from before/after, but the bottom line is, he still trys, and as long as hes trying to be the best he can then, fuck yeah all the power to him.

After Reading all the post, I am 50/50, Yes we lost a part of Davids voice, but not entirely to a point were he doesn't sound anything like he did, on the other hand they make up for it Instrumentally.
LONG LIVE DISTURBED
The Guy

wow thank you very much for sharing your opinion, that post really enlighted me thank you very much :D

rock on!! i didnt say they didnt sound good, belive me i dont got to remember you how much fucking ass Disturbed kicks :D

its just that i'd(non gay way, had to say it lol) love to hear david sounding as before whenever he wanted, say like switching voice between songs at his own will, because not all their songs require the same tone, it might be just matter of opinion but i just CANT get enough of his old low raspy voice what do you think?

and we are the ones who pump them up, impulse them and make them kick asses wherever they go, i only write this with the best intentions, not because i want to attribute their achievements to us, because their success is thanks to their own effort, but i kinda feel that as soon as they release those songs so good they no longer belong to themselves(i hope i explain myself) but they belong to us all the ones who love them and share their art

View user profile

13 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 02:54

Morbid Spawn


One of The Ten Thousand
xanthegreat wrote:
Morbid Spawn wrote:Hmm, I've read all the comments, And I can understand the frustration about his voice going high and sometimes I wonder to, but in the end they still put on a great show, but part of the reason he sings so high is because of how hard it is to sing so low, When I try to sing low it hurts after a while, my throat will be sore the next day and all scratched, and singing high hurts to, so I can imagine the position hes in, And his breathing techniques are some cause of it to, plus experience, IMO we shouldn't judge weather he cant breathe properly or not, because he sings in a band, and we don't. And No hes not fat. The surgery did hurt Davids voice, but the band came back with, Awesome instrumental music, and good fast and slow beat tempos to keep you rocking all day long.
"it might be my own idea, but i kinda feel we lost a part of David's voice thanks to that surgery..." Xanthegreat. I know what you mean, And yes you can tell a difference in his voice from before/after, but the bottom line is, he still trys, and as long as hes trying to be the best he can then, fuck yeah all the power to him.

After Reading all the post, I am 50/50, Yes we lost a part of Davids voice, but not entirely to a point were he doesn't sound anything like he did, on the other hand they make up for it Instrumentally.
LONG LIVE DISTURBED
The Guy

wow thank you very much for sharing your opinion, that post really enlighted me thank you very much :D

rock on!! i didnt say they didnt sound good, belive me i dont got to remember you how much fucking ass Disturbed kicks :D

its just that i'd(non gay way, had to say it lol) love to hear david sounding as before whenever he wanted, say like switching voice between songs at his own will, because not all their songs require the same tone, it might be just matter of opinion but i just CANT get enough of his old low raspy voice what do you think?

and we are the ones who pump them up, impulse them and make them kick asses wherever they go, i only write this with the best intentions, not because i want to attribute their achievements to us, because their success is thanks to their own effort, but i kinda feel that as soon as they release those songs so good they no longer belong to themselves(i hope i explain myself) but they belong to us all the ones who love them and share their art

I Kind of get your point but im still sketchy on somethings and your welcome ;)

Yes it would be epic for David to have the option to change tones when he please, but in truth some of it goes away in time, and all that singing for the past 10 years is obviously no doubt taking its toll. IMO I think 50/50 his old raspy voice sounds great, but todays David, Lyrically and musically speaking is much better, voice or not.
I never meant to imply the fact you might no like his new playing, its just he was getting dissed so I felt the need to take my place XD Yes, Id hope that when they release new songs, that they like what they make, and know taht everyone thinks they kick major ass.

Let me know what ya think
Fists

View user profile

14 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 03:02

Morbid Spawn wrote:
xanthegreat wrote:
Morbid Spawn wrote:Hmm, I've read all the comments, And I can understand the frustration about his voice going high and sometimes I wonder to, but in the end they still put on a great show, but part of the reason he sings so high is because of how hard it is to sing so low, When I try to sing low it hurts after a while, my throat will be sore the next day and all scratched, and singing high hurts to, so I can imagine the position hes in, And his breathing techniques are some cause of it to, plus experience, IMO we shouldn't judge weather he cant breathe properly or not, because he sings in a band, and we don't. And No hes not fat. The surgery did hurt Davids voice, but the band came back with, Awesome instrumental music, and good fast and slow beat tempos to keep you rocking all day long.
"it might be my own idea, but i kinda feel we lost a part of David's voice thanks to that surgery..." Xanthegreat. I know what you mean, And yes you can tell a difference in his voice from before/after, but the bottom line is, he still trys, and as long as hes trying to be the best he can then, fuck yeah all the power to him.

After Reading all the post, I am 50/50, Yes we lost a part of Davids voice, but not entirely to a point were he doesn't sound anything like he did, on the other hand they make up for it Instrumentally.
LONG LIVE DISTURBED
The Guy

wow thank you very much for sharing your opinion, that post really enlighted me thank you very much :D

rock on!! i didnt say they didnt sound good, belive me i dont got to remember you how much fucking ass Disturbed kicks :D

its just that i'd(non gay way, had to say it lol) love to hear david sounding as before whenever he wanted, say like switching voice between songs at his own will, because not all their songs require the same tone, it might be just matter of opinion but i just CANT get enough of his old low raspy voice what do you think?

and we are the ones who pump them up, impulse them and make them kick asses wherever they go, i only write this with the best intentions, not because i want to attribute their achievements to us, because their success is thanks to their own effort, but i kinda feel that as soon as they release those songs so good they no longer belong to themselves(i hope i explain myself) but they belong to us all the ones who love them and share their art

I Kind of get your point but im still sketchy on somethings and your welcome ;)

Yes it would be epic for David to have the option to change tones when he please, but in truth some of it goes away in time, and all that singing for the past 10 years is obviously no doubt taking its toll. IMO I think 50/50 his old raspy voice sounds great, but todays David, Lyrically and musically speaking is much better, voice or not.
I never meant to imply the fact you might no like his new playing, its just he was getting dissed so I felt the need to take my place XD Yes, Id hope that when they release new songs, that they like what they make, and know taht everyone thinks they kick major ass.

Let me know what ya think
Fists

yes metallica, we are looking at you hahahaaha

luckily always theyve released what they like(Disturbed), it ends up kicking ass huh? lucky us

now this shit rocks, thats somewhat the voice im looking for from him, still sung high pitched from time to time but it rocks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View user profile

15 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 05:52

Dawn_Cato


Global Moderator
I wonder if David has ever had a voice coach? Most artists do I have been told...hmmm..

View user profile

16 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 05:55

Hoemmed


Dehumanized
Rofl. Teaching david to sing is like teaching fish to swim.

View user profile

17 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 13:09

Stricken_Mistress


Inside The Fire
"I wonder if David has ever had a voice coach? Most artists do I have been told...hmmm.."


Actually, if you watch the Disturbed M.O.L., it is mentioned in there that he did have some coaching. Though, I think it was probably more to help him learn how to keep his voice strong.

View user profile

18 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 13:40

Morbid Spawn


One of The Ten Thousand
Stricken_Mistress wrote:"I wonder if David has ever had a voice coach? Most artists do I have been told...hmmm.."


Actually, if you watch the Disturbed M.O.L., it is mentioned in there that he did have some coaching. Though, I think it was probably more to help him learn how to keep his voice strong.

Yeah, he dosn't need to be tought how to sing XD

View user profile

19 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 15:22

WormGerm


Stupified
I know David can sing...If anyone has ever been to a voice coach, they teach you other things besides singing. Breathing deep in the diaphragm while singing a chord that is difficult to the average person...and the position they stand while holding a note warmimg up before a performance ect..I was just wondering that's all.I know a few artists with very large rib cages because of their singing careers.

View user profile

20 Re: david's voice weakened? on Fri 28 Aug 2009, 15:50

Dawn_Cato


Global Moderator
WormGerm we were just on the phone discussing this?Oh have your wife call me I have something for her....anyway interesting comment about David, thank you for the information.

View user profile

21 Re: david's voice weakened? on Sat 29 Aug 2009, 02:52

Stricken_Mistress


Inside The Fire
No problem.

View user profile

22 Re: david's voice weakened? on Sat 29 Aug 2009, 03:07

zealouso


Warrior
men i think thats bcoz of

O-WA-A-A-A on DWTS no human being cud do that scream, i was trying to do that disturbing scream, guess what happened on the next day, FUCKING SORE THROAT!

View user profile

23 Re: david's voice weakened? on Sat 29 Aug 2009, 04:50

Hoemmed


Dehumanized
zealouso wrote:men i think thats bcoz of

O-WA-A-A-A on DWTS no human being cud do that scream, i was trying to do that disturbing scream, guess what happened on the next day, FUCKING SORE THROAT!

LoL, i can scream that, what am I then?
A freaking sub-human?:D

View user profile

24 Re: david's voice weakened? on Sat 29 Aug 2009, 05:16

zealouso


Warrior
oh yeah? then you have the sickness
lol!

View user profile

25 Re: david's voice weakened? on Sat 29 Aug 2009, 05:43

Morbid Spawn


One of The Ten Thousand
I can do that.

View user profile

26 Re: david's voice weakened? Today at 13:16

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

 
  •  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum