all death metal sounds the same!

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 all death metal sounds the same! on Fri 21 Aug 2009, 14:27

Monster666

Stricken
I have friends that are trying to convince me that death metal does not sound all the same, when I am convinced it does. the singing is all the same the music is all run together and the lyrics have no meaning, especially when you can't understand what the fuck their saying.

View user profile

2 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Fri 21 Aug 2009, 18:17

Bound2Fate

I have a friend that listens to a lot of death metal and we've had the same arguments. I used to think the same thing. I still don't listen to death metal other than Opeth, but I respect it. I just get tired and bored of a full song of the death vocals which is why I like Opeth since they mix it up. Perhaps you should have your friend give them a try. I got into their clean Damnation album and then went to Ghost Reveries to get past the death vocals. There is meaning in death metal and a lot of stupidity just like in any form of music. Death metal doesn't sound all the same either. It has just as much variety as any other type of music.

View user profile

3 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Fri 21 Aug 2009, 19:38

Hoemmed

Dehumanized
why dont you guys tell them to fuck off and go listen jonas brothers then?

View user profile

4 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Fri 21 Aug 2009, 21:13

xxxDisturbedxxx

Loading The Weapon
You know, to other people, they think that all metal/rock sounds the same. Unless you listen to a genre often, you won't be able to tell any differences. I know for a fact each death metal band (That is still a band not a business.) has its own unique sound, even though I don't listen to it. To people who listen to hip-hop or other music along those lines, Disturbed is just another rock band. They can't and won't be able to tell the difference. But we can.

I don't know if I explained myself well but you know what I'm trying to say right?

View user profile

5 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Fri 21 Aug 2009, 22:26

DYLANPCRIDDLE

One of The Ten Thousand
I wouldnt say it all sounds the same. In fact, not all death metal uses gutteral vocals, so they can't all sound the same.

View user profile

6 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Sat 22 Aug 2009, 03:24

zealouso

Warrior
fucking pricks! for them it sounds the same bcoz heavy metals they know are the one with screaming that u dont fucking understand

its on the LYRICS, fucking assholes.

i say they compare their other bands with Disturbed, and if they are to dull not to like Disturbed, then they suck!

View user profile

7 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Sat 22 Aug 2009, 15:46

ADisturbed0ne

Stupified
If someone is real familiar with death metal then they'd have a reason to believe why one band sounds different than another. I don't listen to a lot of death metal other than Nile, Opeth, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Amon Amaranth, Job for a Cowboy (deathcore, but still) etc. But to me I think all of those bands have their own distinctive sound. If you listen to enough of it then you'd probably think the same thing.

View user profile

8 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Mon 07 Sep 2009, 07:41

A little off topic, but I think most will agree that rap all sounds the same. And requires no talent.

I listen to a very small number of death metal songs. I listen to Metallica's Master of Puppets. (It is too death metal, shut up.) And some others that I can't recall unless I hear them. The way I see it, if your vocalist can't sing, you can't make music. Only noise.

View user profile

9 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Mon 07 Sep 2009, 10:32

Remiel

Stricken
IndestructibleWolf wrote:A little off topic, but I think most will agree that rap all sounds the same. And requires no talent.

I listen to a very small number of death metal songs. I listen to Metallica's Master of Puppets. (It is too death metal, shut up.) And some others that I can't recall unless I hear them. The way I see it, if your vocalist can't sing, you can't make music. Only noise.

XD Yeah, I completely agree. All I ever hear when people drive by blasting rap is the same loud bass that seems to be in the background for EVERY "artist" just ringing out. Plus, if all you're doing is talking then the lyrics had better be good, but most rap lyrics hardly make sense! If I keep going I'll never shut up so I'll spare you all the torture.

View user profile

10 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Tue 08 Sep 2009, 07:13

Hoemmed

Dehumanized
Rap is not music. Why?

Lets see.

Music = Played with INSTRUMENTS, and singing.

(C)RAP = Played with PC , singing replaced by talking to microphone.

That is as clear it can be.

View user profile

11 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Thu 15 Oct 2009, 01:11

Post Orgasmic Chill

One of The Ten Thousand
rofl! I love these replies.

But I think that the "...all sounds the same" can be applied to ANY genre. And rap (c)rap isn't music persay, but some of it is decent enough to at least dance too. And about the rock, everyone who has replied has pretty much said it: If a person doesn't listen to that genre that often then that person won't be able to distinguish the difference between the sounds. I've been told all the time that techno music is all the same and that the beat doesn't change. It does. But I listen to it. :)

View user profile

12 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 20:54

The reason you say that is because the vocals are very similar for most death metal bands. The way they play does change.

View user profile

13 Re: all death metal sounds the same! on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 09:34

S.M.F

Eye of the Storm
There is a lot of small things that make each band sound different.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum